IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Maybe he got mixed up with the Bears as they’ve sold 7000 so far!

So;

City 10k so far

Bears 7k so far

Pikey two bit chicken shit 1k so far

Seems about right to me.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

So;

City 10k so far

Bears 7k so far

Pikey two bit chicken shit 1k so far

Seems about right to me.

If they continue at that level and the flyers get their arena could there be a case in the future where the gas would be ONLY the fourth best supported professional sports team in Bristol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cityal said:

If they continue at that level and the flyers get their arena could there be a case in the future where the gas would be ONLY the fifth best supported professional sports team in Bristol.

Gloucestershire get decent crowds and it’s a professional sports team in Bristol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cityal said:

If they continue at that level and the flyers get their arena could there be a case in the future where the gas would be ONLY the fourth best supported professional sports team in Bristol.

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gloucestershire get decent crowds and it’s a professional sports team in Bristol. 

And God help the fewers if the Mangoes and Manor Farm ever go pro.

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Have we sold 10k already?

On the back of this absolute dross we’ve been served up?

Apparently, according to some on here its 2k less than before at the same stage.

59 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Apparently, according to some on here its 2k less than before at the same stage.

After this shit season, uncertainty around Covid-19 and money being tight for a lot of people after the last 12 months....

If we’re only 2k down on last seasons sales at this stage I think that’s superb and once again shows who the real loyal supporters are in Bristol.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Bristol Post showing it’s true colours again. Yeah we all miss #6 don’t we 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/6-things-bristol-loved-most-2856319

Whilst you're right of course about not missing that particular "landmark", it does actually raise nostalgia in the write up.  Floodlight pylons for my years growing up and going away with the City served as excellent landmarks to spot whilst driving around the country.  "Look over there - that's Walsall's ground" - "Over there, Brentford's floodlights" etc etc.  The country's skyline will never feel as exciting again.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Whilst you're right of course about not missing that particular "landmark", it does actually raise nostalgia in the write up.  Floodlight pylons for my years growing up and going away with the City served as excellent landmarks to spot whilst driving around the country.  "Look over there - that's Walsall's ground" - "Over there, Brentford's floodlights" etc etc.  The country's skyline will never feel as exciting again.

Rotherham's old ground at Millmoor use to confuse me as there were pylons by the railway line and the steel works behind the away end.

17 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

"The ice rink closed in 2012 - although it certainly feels like more than seven years ago."
Yes it does feel like more than 7 years ago....

Well that's what happens when they regurgitate these clickbait articles, no one checks the dates.

I thought I had seen this before, it's probably on one of the earlier pages in this thread, modern journalism at it's worst and most cynical.

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that's what happens when they regurgitate these clickbait articles, no one checks the dates.

I thought I had seen this before, it's probably on one of the earlier pages in this thread, modern journalism at it's worst and most cynical.

It`s about time for the old `Where are the dogging sites around Bristol?` one to make an appearance again.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s about time for the old `Where are the dogging sites around Bristol?` one to make an appearance again.

They will have to wait until after May 17th. :)

Take a look at pages 140 - 150 on this thread btw,  it will give you a few clues as to which City fans have good judgement and which can be sold a pup. 

Meanwhile 6 years on, some of us are still waiting to be overtaken by the gas in their world beating stadium.

Maybe Marvellous Marvin will make giving them one for free a main policy in his second term? 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

matty taylor doing his best to clinch that last play off spot for oxford, pompey blowing it  ?

Hopefully it will stay that way. Matty certainly deserves another stab at Championship football. Hilarious if Pompey miss out. No wanchor with the bell at AG next season ?

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

1-0 Blackpool ?

Apprently the 15ers have Jedward in goal ????

Mission accomplished for the idiot Barton. Obviously we all hoped they would be in a relegation battle but I suspect in our heart of hearts we expected them to scab their way out of it on goals scored or something.

To finish five points adrift at the bottom behind some truly shite teams is beyond our wildest dreams!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Mission accomplished for the idiot Barton. Obviously we all hoped they would be in a relegation battle but I suspect in our heart of hearts we expected them to scab their way out of it on goals scored or something.

To finish five points adrift at the bottom behind some truly shite teams is beyond our wildest dreams!

I couldn't agree more as we've been shite all season but at least have a valid reason with a crook owner but feeling proud that we didn't finsish rock bottom?

• Like 3