IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

However bad things get for us, there's always them. The gift. Cheers Joey, you're a belter!!

Yep!  We`ll be playing (and hopefully competing) with the likes of Forest, Boro, Blades, Baggies & Fulham whereas they`ll be welcoming footballing giants like Barrow, Harrogate, Scunthorpe, Crawley, Stevenage and Mansfield to the tented village.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yep!  We`ll be playing (and hopefully competing) with the likes of Forest, Boro, Blades, Baggies & Fulham whereas they`ll be welcoming footballing giants like Barrow, Harrogate, Scunthorpe, Crawley, Stevenage and Mansfield to the tented village.

Pirates hoisted by their own petard. Now that's poetry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

matty taylor doing his best to clinch that last play off spot for oxford, pompey blowing it  ?

So the potential scenario is that Oxfords momentum takes them past Blackpool and Sunderland manage to do Lincoln over 2 legs. Then Matty Taylor scores the winner at Wembley and celebrates in front LJ. 

14 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

LJ making all 5 subs before the 66th minute. Madness.

Why? They are clearly in the play offs so resting players is their main priority.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

Rock bottom

Last

Basement

The Absolute Worst

Even crapper than Swindle

E5287FF5-BF71-4090-B95A-3E91F6065F42.jpeg

Message for those City players who did their damndest to get us relegated (and thank the fck failed).

First, ! will be glad to see the back of you.

Second, this table demonstrates how to get relegated in style. The useless Woe-vers managed to finish bottom of the pile, amass the fewest points in the entire league and ended up a massive five points adrift of abysmal Swindon.

Now that's what I call a proper-job relegation.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm struggling with my thoughts at the moment. I really feel that the best thing for football in this city, would be for them to disappear completely. Then they could be added to the list of things Bristol had and lost. I can't stand the club and the way it's portrayed in the BRFC friendly local media.

They have done nothing to deserve what they think they deserve, as in someone else building a stadium for them and they have been an embarrassment to our city with their move away to Bath while blaming our city for all their ill fortune when in reality, they have nobody but themselves and their directors who've bled them dry, to blame. Pathological liars.

We know how they tried to steal Ashton Gate from us while claiming we were the immoral ones and, how they succeeded in stealing the rugby ground. I have to admit that I feel the pain for their decent supporters but, I'd have felt even more pain personally if they weren't here providing that little bit of comfort watching their demise, during what must rank as one of our worst ever seasons. So I'm grateful for that little contribution from the dark side to ease my mental state.

So for the moment I'm glad they're here but, in the future they can **** right off and sink into oblivion. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Hindsight is wonderful.

We’ve had a terrible season, Max Ehmer on paper was a good signing at this level but for some reason just didn’t work out. Could say exactly the same for a few others; Westbrooke, Oztumer, Nicholson. Garner seemed to take all our experience and and push them out the door. We went into the season with a very inexperienced strike force and Tisdale didn’t change that when he came in. 

The loss of JCH was always going to be huge but it’s as if we made zero effort to try to replace him. I’m not asking for another striker like him, but 2 or 3 who can chip in and maybe score 30 between them.

McCormick on loan from Chelsea has been brilliant and it’s rumoured he’s off to Millwall next season, wish him all the best.

I want to say had Jaakola been fit all season we’d have put up more of a fight. He’s a quality keeper at this level but even if he had we were so poor everywhere else I really don’t think it would have mattered.

As for managers, IMO our best chance of staying up was under Garner and that speaks for itself. I’m actually disgusted with the way Barton has come in and handled pretty much everything. Wael has backed him publicly and I like Wael, you can see he wants to do right by the football club but it’s just not happening for him. 

Regardless we deserved what we got this season. The joys of supporting a club not in the top 6 is that this is football. We take the real bad times and still support our club. I know Rovers are shit. I’ve been paying to sit  on the sofa all year watching us lose to pretty much everyone. I’ve hated pretty much every minute of it but come the new season I’ll either be there in person or watching on iFollow again.

Anyway, enjoy the summer lads. We’re all England now aren’t we?

Some good lad from the blue half that follow England 

• Robin 2

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Hindsight is wonderful.

We’ve had a terrible season, Max Ehmer on paper was a good signing at this level but for some reason just didn’t work out. Could say exactly the same for a few others; Westbrooke, Oztumer, Nicholson. Garner seemed to take all our experience and and push them out the door. We went into the season with a very inexperienced strike force and Tisdale didn’t change that when he came in. 

The loss of JCH was always going to be huge but it’s as if we made zero effort to try to replace him. I’m not asking for another striker like him, but 2 or 3 who can chip in and maybe score 30 between them.

McCormick on loan from Chelsea has been brilliant and it’s rumoured he’s off to Millwall next season, wish him all the best.

I want to say had Jaakola been fit all season we’d have put up more of a fight. He’s a quality keeper at this level but even if he had we were so poor everywhere else I really don’t think it would have mattered.

As for managers, IMO our best chance of staying up was under Garner and that speaks for itself. I’m actually disgusted with the way Barton has come in and handled pretty much everything. Wael has backed him publicly and I like Wael, you can see he wants to do right by the football club but it’s just not happening for him. 

Regardless we deserved what we got this season. The joys of supporting a club not in the top 6 is that this is football. We take the real bad times and still support our club. I know Rovers are shit. I’ve been paying to sit  on the sofa all year watching us lose to pretty much everyone. I’ve hated pretty much every minute of it but come the new season I’ll either be there in person or watching on iFollow again.

Anyway, enjoy the summer lads. We’re all England now aren’t we?

Agree, I think your best chance of staying up this season would have been to stick with Ben Garner. a) it was his team so the players were more likely to respond to the guy who signed them, rather than managers who consistently told them they weren't good enough b) When he was sacked, you were clear of the relegation zone despite having played several of the better teams in the league in the early fixtures. The buck has to stop at the top though, Wael has made several catastrophic decisions which has led to this relegation and it was entirely self inflicted, so blame ultimately has to lie with him. Same with Lansdown here, they both put too much trust in those below them and should have been a lot more hands-on.

Bristol football really has been a total shambles this season and it's just not good enough for a city of this size, especially when you see how what the rugby club has achieved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

3 wins in 18 games
0.61ppg
5 games in a row without scoring a goal
Took a team in 18th to 24th

Tisdale was on a PPG of 0.95 which means had they stuck with him they would have scored 6 more points which would have been enough to........

Finish in 23, one point above Swindle.

Well it's something ????

• Haha 3