IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

There have been some unfortunate insulting exchanges today, especially on the 'Pearson post-match interview' thread, the usual attacking the poster rather than the post etc., but at least, for the most part, there was also some supporting dialogue accompanying the insults.

One unsavoury, single word insult was directed to our friend @RalphMilnesLeftFoot, somewhat ironic in its terminology, and I am sure she will be amused to see our old computer friend 'Excel' himself, pun totally intended, with his contribution to today's Rovers match thread.  

Henbury Gas
Proper Gas

Henbury Gas Avatar

Posting Level

6 hours ago  
Post Options

Post by Henbury Gas on 6 hours ago

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

7 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Why is the Post's coffin different from the original?1_TCR_BRI_090521CoffinBRI.jpgFiWJwxx.jpg

or shall we just make up s**t (the Post, not OTIB of course!)

So this bloke is a hero ?    ......."one BRAVE chap....."        So it's brave to vandalize someone's work is it?    I don't remember them using those words when something like a Banksy is defaced !        And,from where do they get this "half" of Bristol ?  Utter rag .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomF said:

Ah bless look at the comments at the bottom of this article. 1982 this, 1982 that. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/backlash-bristol-rovers-relegation-coffin-5392961

It’s all they’ve got left.  

39 years on, their badge should have an elephant on it.

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

• Like 1

Here's City in Div 4 showing how it should be done

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

Easy to remember, It's like their "famous Quarterz "  (if that ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 22A said:

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

Brilliant to see that and great memories with Riley, Ritchie, Pritchard, the great Terry Cooper et al.

11 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

That is one of their biggest problems. Their fan base is getting older and it sounds like they struggle to attract new fans.

The cricket, basketball and rugby are probably more appealing to the youth than spending their money at the Mem.

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is one of their biggest problems. Their fan base is getting older and it sounds like they struggle to attract new fans.

The cricket, basketball and rugby are probably more appealing to the youth than spending their money at the Mem.

Spot on.

Imagine being a young kid nowadays, you see the large, brand new Premier League stadiums on TV. The amazing football skills. The tens of thousands of fans.

And then you get taken to the Mem. ?

Whilst experiencing the usual aggravation trawling through any article on the Bristol Post website I found the following picture particularly pertinent -

0_TCR_BRI_090521CoffinBRI_02.jpg.30dce2dda98d74893d2fcecfd381114e.jpg

I might be wrong but this CCTV image of the "coffin vandal" looks like the perpetrator isn't exactly in the early stages of youth. They're barely attracting minimal new, fresh support at best. This is just some fat old Sag fart doing his best to try and maintain an appearance of parity between the two clubs.

The gap has never been wider and they know it.

FTG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, Seventeen said:

I like Wael, you can see he wants to do right by the football club but it’s just not happening for him. 

The delusion still exists. 
I’m sure Wally wants to do right by the club. Yeah, I mean he’s been a loyal, true and ‘prowed’ supporter since his early schooldays in Amman, and of course he was a regular when at university in Boston, Massachusetts. 
Wake up fella. He’s doing right by himself, his own pocket and his own desire to be ‘in’ football. You’ll be a long forgotten blip on his CV is 10 years time. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

The 89/90 division 3 title was the high water mark. They'd need a jet pack to even see it now.

Edited by sephjnr

6 hours ago, BS3City said:

Whilst experiencing the usual aggravation trawling through any article on the Bristol Post website I found the following picture particularly pertinent -

0_TCR_BRI_090521CoffinBRI_02.jpg.30dce2dda98d74893d2fcecfd381114e.jpg

I might be wrong but this CCTV image of the "coffin vandal" looks like the perpetrator isn't exactly in the early stages of youth. They're barely attracting minimal new, fresh support at best. This is just some fat old Sag fart doing his best to try and maintain an appearance of parity between the two clubs.

The gap has never been wider and they know it.

FTG

Looks like Joey Barton to me !!

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2021 at 21:57, TomF said:

Ah bless look at the comments at the bottom of this article. 1982 this, 1982 that. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/backlash-bristol-rovers-relegation-coffin-5392961

It’s all they’ve got left.  

Same with this one on Facebook....

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work ??

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3

On 10/05/2021 at 01:09, 22A said:

Thanks for posting' Fantastic to see the great Terry Cooper again. Our club owes that man so much.

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work ??

thought i recognized that coffin from somewhere before ,Mr Windows.

On 10/05/2021 at 01:09, 22A said:

Thanks for sharing. Lots of awesome memories there! 

I like the post article claiming this bit of banter has backfired, really?

I would say it had exactly the desired effect and resulted in some bitter and twisted gashead, getting his knickers in such a twist that he's now got to buy more paint to finish off his hallway. And they also describe him as brave, 11.23 pm, in the dark, pub closed and about twenty seconds to pull up and pour. Bet he put wet paint footprints into his car as well.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone up for a game of spot the difference?

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

On 11/05/2021 at 09:36, Gert Mare said:

"Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up" It has a certain affinity with their cretinus dwindling fan base That made me chuckle ? take a bow sir!