IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

This just popped up on Bygone Bristol. Wow, what a stadium they could have had on that site, if the directors at the time hadn't "allegedly" been lining their pockets by so much that they had to  accept a paltry bailout from the greyhound company. 

FB_IMG_1621005150258.jpg

4 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

'Back in the day' at the time of Twentyman, Alexander et al, I could have named the Gas squad as well, but couldn't name one of them now. Not really interested in knowing, either!

Only one I’d heard of was Mark Little, but they have just released him though.

He did manage to scam 2 years wages out of them for 16 appearances though ?

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, I was literally in the process of writing out exactly the same thing. ?

Not attending games...it’s what they do

Not attending games ,its what they do . sums those bunch of knobheads up perfectly 

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

This just popped up on Bygone Bristol. Wow, what a stadium they could have had on that site, if the directors at the time hadn't "allegedly" been lining their pockets by so much that they had to  accept a paltry bailout from the greyhound company. 

FB_IMG_1621005150258.jpg

Of course there was no conflict of interest in the fact that some were directors of both the Rovers and the Greyhound Company? :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Just the mention of his name and the poster is on the verge of a ban.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18022/matty-taylor-podcast

That forum isn't a forum - its a shitty little clique that won't tolerate anything other than towing the line.

They pretend they’re over it, they pretend it still doesn’t hurt ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

That forum isn't a forum - its a shitty little clique that won't tolerate anything other than towing the line.

Doesn’t that short thread pretty much sum up sagchat?

Mention MTs name in a vaguely positive light: heading for a ban.

Foul personal abuse and the c word: nothing. 

15 hours ago, myol'man said:

FB_IMG_1621005150258.jpg

Isn’t that the river frome backing onto that stand that burnt down? Would surely have prevented any redevelopment, that and an insistence that others paid for it 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They pretend they’re over it, they pretend it still doesn’t hurt ?

They also pretend that we don’t exist and they are not obsessed with us.

Any mention of 82 or ‘da shit’ and the thread is immediately moved to their General Sport Chat section where nobody goes. Probably because there aren’t enough Sags to fill the ‘Gas Works’ section, let alone other areas of their forum........like their ground then I suppose?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Do love the River Froome snaking around Eastville. Did it ever flood the ground ?  Obviously these days they have the northern storm interceptor just to the bottom of this pic that diverts water under Bristol and out until River Avon but surely before that must of swelled over? 

I’m sure I’ve read that both AG and Eastville were flooded in the late 1960s. 

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why on early would they try and make out this is an impressive number?

Continued potting of tin.

Pretty sure you get more people queuing outside Primark on a Saturday morning.

They’ll be queuing for this soon.

Due out in the supporters portacabin shop mid-june.

A must have for Joey fans....

7E29F7F4-71DB-449A-AC42-539AB713ED34.thumb.jpeg.309b597823178380e9b5d97afab3ee68.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

That is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen. Guy does a podcast with an ex player and is threatened with a ban for mentioning it FFS.

They are a sad , worried, inbred group of deluded losers ✊?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And people question the existence of this thread. Some even suggest it causes some of us a problem as we`re obsessed with them.

Not me. If I`ve had a bad day and come on here and see that the thread has advanced by two or three pages it`s enough to cheer me up with the anticipation of the latest (self inflicted) disaster to have befallen them. It`s quite the reverse of what is suggested, it`s almost therapy!

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

That Marshy bellend has got a lot of sand in his Vag :laugh:

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not to mention those ******* gas pricks stole their ground & ripped down all memorabilia from the walls and chucked it all in a skip . They actively tried to kill the club like they did with us in 82. 
what goes around comes around you vile bastards 

They missed a huge opportunity not treating the rugby club as a stadium partner. Looked after, the rugby club could have made them a fortune but no... Gaslogic dictates anyone who isn't them are clearly a threat and it comes as no surprise that once SL had a significant investment they were moving to BS3 where season ticket sales and match day revenue sees them in a much better position than had they stayed at the Methane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Ah the Franchise tag. Remind me which club moved out of the City again..?

The same club that wanted to leave Bristol again up until recently when that particular deal went tits up.

Its worth mentioning at this point that we’ve never left our spiritual home of well over a century. They had to steal someone else’s ground to get back to Bristol, grubby horrible little maggots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen. Guy does a podcast with an ex player and is threatened with a ban for mentioning it FFS.

They are a sad , worried, inbred group of deluded losers ✊?

The poster hates Chris Lines, and wanted a thread about a podcast featuring Lines removed from the Rovers section of the forum.  Being childish, he created two posts stating that he was doing podcasts with Matty Taylor and Tyrone Mings.  He doesn't do podcasts, and was just miffed and acting like an idiot because the Chris Lines thread wasn't removed.  He's done disruptive stuff before when Chris Lines is mentioned - no idea why he's got such a downer on him.

• Like 2