IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The poster hates Chris Lines, and wanted a thread about a podcast featuring Lines removed from the Rovers section of the forum.  Being childish, he created two posts stating that he was doing podcasts with Matty Taylor and Tyrone Mings.  He doesn't do podcasts, and was just miffed and acting like an idiot because the Chris Lines thread wasn't removed.  He's done disruptive stuff before when Chris Lines is mentioned - no idea why he's got such a downer on him.

Cuckolded, may be ?   ?

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2021 at 22:37, bcfc01 said:

Just the mention of his name and the poster is on the verge of a ban.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18022/matty-taylor-podcast

That forum isn't a forum - its a shitty little clique that won't tolerate anything other than towing the line.

You are quite right - I went on their forum a few years ago, I made it clear I was a City fan and I referenced my dear old Dad and Grandad who were both staunch Rovers fans - I had a decent debate with a couple of posters before the inevitable **** posted “He’s a shithead - block him” - and then I was kicked off their pathetic little forum forever.

I had just engaged in polite conversation with their forum contributors- I didn’t use any inappropriate language and I didn’t do anything that could be said to be against the rules of their forum - I remember even praising their club and supporters at one point - but gasheads being gasheads and roverzzzz’ fans having zero tolerance for any alternative views, it was perhaps inevitable I’d be kicked off of a forum that wanted to talk about football in Bristol.

The amount of sleep I lost over the gasheads’ unbelievable intolerance towards the views of others? Zero ... but they really should re-examine their claims about being everyone’s favourite second team, about how the whole world is envious of their huge fanbase and away support, about how everyone hates City but loves da gas, about how the football world recognises their ‘unique’ quarters - despite clubs like Everton wearing quarters so, so long before da gas, and how they claim to be bigger than clubs like Norwich, PNE, Fulham, Charlton, Brentford, Millwall, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley, Blackburn, QPR, etc etc and they also claimed their away support rivalled that of Liverpool, Wolves, Sunderland and West Ham ... it’s just incredible - but it keeps me warm at night ...????

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 15/05/2021 at 01:22, myol'man said:

This just popped up on Bygone Bristol. Wow, what a stadium they could have had on that site, if the directors at the time hadn't "allegedly" been lining their pockets by so much that they had to  accept a paltry bailout from the greyhound company. 

FB_IMG_1621005150258.jpg

Apparently, if you cut of the chain, and change the padlock on a gate, you were apparently able to get in before kick-off, meet a few other select chaps and run the 'tote-End boys' all the way out of that funny little roofed thing in the bottom right.

Apparently.

?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Apparently, if you cut of the chain, and change the padlock on a gate, you were apparently able to get in before kick-off, meet a few other select chaps and run the 'tote-End boys' all the way out of that funny little roofed thing in the bottom right.

Apparently.

?

Yes, but all hypothetical........it would NEVER happen .:laughcont:

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Absolute laughable.. 9 pages and nobody can think of anything positive Barton has done.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18025/barton-club

And they haven't fallen as far as Sunderland to have LJ as manager.....hmmm, let's think about that! I think the exact reverse might be more accurate! They really are complete belters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This clown is obviously  obsessed dragging two ex city managers into his own argument . Also hasn’t got a clue calling cotts a yes man . Plus comparing Sunderland dropping from the prem to league one not as being worse than their current state of affairs . 

B94385E2-149B-4288-A8D3-4818F31AC715.jpeg

Weirdly, his spelling of both our former managers’ names (both of which are often mis-spelt) is perfect. But he can’t manage a gas manager, or words like ‘whereas’ or ‘they’re’. He clearly is very familiar with what goes on at City!

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Weirdly, his spelling of both our former managers’ names (both of which are often mis-spelt) is perfect. But he can’t manage a gas manager, or words like ‘whereas’ or ‘they’re’. He clearly is very familiar with what goes on at City!

I do love how thinks its possible that under cotts that they could of been worse or finished lower. How is that possible . They finished bottom ??

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, TomF said:

We need a competition to see who can stay undercover for the longest on there 

Been on there years, but I tend not to post often or set out to wind them up. Just join in with the general grumbling and you’ll go unnoticed.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do love how thinks its possible that under cotts that they could of been worse or finished lower. How is that possible . They finished bottom ??

And already the lowest points total in any division?. Struggling to think of anything they could have been worse at ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This clown is obviously  obsessed dragging two ex city managers into his own argument . Also hasn’t got a clue calling cotts a yes man . Plus comparing Sunderland dropping from the prem to league one not as being worse than their current state of affairs . 

What a ******* idiot !

From a fan of a "club" who appointed the ultimate "Yes Man", in Garner, accusing Cotts (of all people !) of being a Yes Man.

Tosser.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They finished 24th out of 24: How could it possibly have got "got even worse next season"?!!

The Gas Logic is strong in this one.

• Like 1

I know a reasonable number of sags and they’re all sound as a pound.  We have a bit of good natured banter and some really enjoyable and friendly discussions about football.  

That’s why I can’t understand how their Sagchat Forum seems so infested with totally brain dead, deluded morons.  

I can’t work out whether Sagchat is just a magnet for for the most deluded, simpleton belters of their fanbase, or all sags are two faced and although seeming like normal human beings in mixed company, they just revert to gormless retards when amongst their own kind.  

There do seem to be a few sensible posters on there, but there appears to be a large percentage of them who would only need the fingers of one hand to count their IQ levels.

The gap between the quality of discussion on their site and OTIB is probably even wider than the gap in our respective league positions.  They really do come across as the village idiots of Bristol.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I know a reasonable number of sags and they’re all sound as a pound.  We have a bit of good natured banter and some really enjoyable and friendly discussions about football.  

That’s why I can’t understand how their Sagchat Forum seems so infested with totally brain dead, deluded morons.  

I can’t work out whether Sagchat is just a magnet for for the most deluded, simpleton belters of their fanbase, or all sags are two faced and although seeming like normal human beings in mixed company, they just revert to gormless retards when amongst their own kind.  

There do seem to be a few sensible posters on there, but there appears to be a large percentage of them who would only need the fingers of one hand to count their IQ levels.

The gap between the quality of discussion on their site and OTIB is probably even wider than the gap in our respective league positions.  They really do come across as the village idiots of Bristol.

They ban or suspend anyone who doesn’t toe the party line over there! 
so if you don’t share the exact brain dead views as the mods you’re a goner! 

Seeing as they weren’t swimming in the biggest pond in the first place and you kick out all smart fish you end up with a load of goldfish who swim in endless circles forget their own name every 7 seconds!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It's run by idiots, for idiots.

Should anyone offer a reasonable opinion that maybe suggests that the manager or owner isn't 100% correct, they get immediately suspicious and then deploy the ban-hammer.

Them relishing the tinpot status, their constant posts about resigning former players and their deluded view as to the number of supporters they have hold them back just as much as the decades of under investment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Would people on here say a lot of things face to face that they post on here ?

12 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

They ban or suspend anyone who doesn’t toe the party line over there! 
so if you don’t share the exact brain dead views as the mods you’re a goner! 

Seeing as they weren’t swimming in the biggest pond in the first place and you kick out all smart fish you end up with a load of goldfish who swim in endless circles forget their own name every 7 seconds!

Really point there and not really considered that.  Looking at it that way, their mods have got a hell of a lot to answer for.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's run by idiots, for idiots.

Should anyone offer a reasonable opinion that maybe suggests that the manager or owner isn't 100% correct, they get immediately suspicious and then deploy the ban-hammer.

Them relishing the tinpot status, their constant posts about resigning former players and their deluded view as to the number of supporters they have hold them back just as much as the decades of under investment.

It certainly makes you appreciate the team who run our site. While there may be very isolated complaints about bans on here, I reckon they do an amazing job and all credit to our mods in the standards they keep.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Probably not, but in fairness, with a few exceptions, most of the discussions on here seem to be well reasoned, with the exception of the heat of the moment stuff on match day threads of course!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

It certainly makes you appreciate the team who run our site. While there may be very isolated complaints about bans on here, I reckon they do an amazing job and all credit to our mods in the standards they keep.

Which is why everyone should pay their fiver. ?

46 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I would you deluded nut job! ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They finished 24th out of 24: How could it possibly have got "got even worse next season"?!!

The Gas Logic is strong in this one.

To be fair to Cotterill, he took over when Shrewsbury were bottom, (2 wins all season) then beat 3 of the top 4 away in his first 4 games, he had Shrewsbury well clear of relegation, spent a month in an ICU battling Covid & only returned a couple of games from the end with Shrewsbury in 17th.

How on earth does that compare with Barton’s incredible achievement of taking over a side a point outside the relegation zone & then finishing last?

Barton isn’t fit to clean Cotts shoes, in every respect.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1