IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To be fair to Cotterill, he took over when Shrewsbury were bottom, (2 wins all season) then beat 3 of the top 4 away in his first 4 games, he had Shrewsbury well clear of relegation, spent a month in an ICU battling Covid & only returned a couple of games from the end with Shrewsbury in 17th.

How on earth does that compare with Barton’s incredible achievement of taking over a side a point outside the relegation zone & then finishing last?

Barton isn’t fit to clean Cotts shoes, in every respect.

My point was, Gray, how could they do worse than ending the season in last place?

What's amusing is that they assume they'll bounce back instantly. Every division they play in they assume they are a 'big club' at that level.

They made the same assumption last time they dropped to the basement. That didn't end too well....

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My point was, Gray, how could they do worse than ending the season in last place?

What's amusing is that they assume they'll bounce back instantly. Every division they play in they assume they are a 'big club' at that level.

They made the same assumption last time they dropped to the basement. That didn't end too well....

They’re ******** & there is also an element of North Korea about their fan base.

They massively exaggerate their support & seem to think the football world loves them, too. Weird.

Can only believe the muppet who posted this dragged Cotts in as an example because he is “one of those gurt shitheads” not the smartest example to use, was it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think they are a big club, at the bottom level. I think we can give them that. With their 5-7k crowds (should they win often enough; and perhaps with a generous voucher scheme to boost attendance numbers like they ran following their humiliating relegation from the bottom in 2014), I can see them throwing their weight around a bit and enjoying being "big" for once, as they mix with yer diddy Crawleys, Stevenages, Forest Greens and Barrows.

I think they will enjoy it, for a year at least.

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think they are a big club, at the bottom level. I think we can give them that. With their 5-7k crowds (should they win often enough; and perhaps with a generous voucher scheme to boost attendance numbers like they ran following their humiliating relegation from the bottom in 2014), I can see them throwing their weight around a bit and enjoying being "big" for once, as they mix with yer diddy Crawleys, Stevenages, Forest Greens and Barrows.

They thought they were a big club in L1! They speak of the Championship being their natural home, despite the fact they haven't played at this level for yonkers.

What they are is a declining club. Sort of a Notts County.

Last time the Gas could even be considered medium-sized, Russ Conway was in the charts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I reckon you’re being a little generous there tbh MoP

The big club, little club debate crops up every so often and is pretty subjective and all depends on the criteria used.  

To put it into context, with our pretty poor record of success over our history, but balanced by our decent crowds and excellent stadium, I’d say we we’re still pretty medium to small at Championship level.  We could probably say we would be biggish at League 1 level.

Given how far those deluded f*****s are behind us in all crieria you could possibly compare in that horrible excuse for a club, to say they are only one division behind us is giving them far more credit than they deserve imho.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

They thought they were a big club in L1! They speak of the Championship being their natural home, despite the fact they haven't played at this level for yonkers.

What they are is a declining club. Sort of a Notts County.

Last time the Gas could even be considered medium-sized, Russ Conway was in the charts.

They have been a league club for 92 years.

0 seasons at Level 1

19 seasons at Level 2

63 seasons at Level 3

10 seasons at Level 4 (soon to be 11)

1 season at Level 5

28 years since they were last at Level 2.

Thems the facts - actual facts, not gas facts.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

The big club, little club debate crops up every so often and is pretty subjective and all depends on the criteria used.  

To put it into context, with our pretty poor record of success over our history, but balanced by our decent crowds and excellent stadium, I’d say we we’re still pretty medium to small at Championship level.  We could probably say we would be biggish at League 1 level.

Given how far those deluded f*****s are behind us in all crieria you could possibly compare in that horrible excuse for a club, to say they are only one division behind us is giving them far more credit than they deserve imho.

Our average league position over the last 108 years is 36.

Pikeys at 53.

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Bradford by far the biggest club in league 2, I would put the Gas on par with Tranmere, Carlisle and Port Vale but with a far worse ground than any of the above, infact they probably have one of the worst grounds in that division.

I forgot Swindon, they are probably bigger than the Gas.?

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Our average league position over the last 108 years is 36.

Pikeys at 53.

This is where the subjectivity comes in, as do you look at the average over a club’s whole history, the last few decades, or where they actually are today to decide on a club’s stature?

I’ll bet there will be a fair few League 2 clubs rolling up at that hell hole of a ground next season and happily believing they’re bigger than the Sags.

Maybe I’m just biased though! 

13 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Apparently, if you cut of the chain, and change the padlock on a gate, you were apparently able to get in before kick-off, meet a few other select chaps and run the 'tote-End boys' all the way out of that funny little roofed thing in the bottom right.

Apparently.

?

It certainly was a cracking site for a Stadium 

Funny story though, Harry Dolman was invited to a Rovers Board meeting in the 50's to discuss the ownership of the ground and potential sale of - Harry said 'keep it its a super asset' , he was promptly asked to leave the meeting AND the rest is history 

Edited by BRIAN WILSON

34 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

We're a "medium" in the Championship. Big in L1. And massive! in L2. 

They're a minnow in the Championship (I know. It's a stretch, but bare with me), medium in L1, big in L2.

We'd be fodder in the Prem. Miniscule. But minted.

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

This is where the subjectivity comes in, as do you look at the average over a club’s whole history, the last few decades, or where they actually are today to decide on a club’s stature?

I’ll bet there will be a fair few League 2 clubs rolling up at that hell hole of a ground next season and happily believing they’re bigger than the Sags.

Maybe I’m just biased though! 

True.

You could also base it on how many seasons at level 2 for instance.

Pikeys 19

Port Vale 41

Stockport 26

Grimsby 52

Notts cty 37 (30 level 1)

Bradford 29 (12)

Millwall 43 (2)

Rotherham 31

Plymouth 40

Oldham 36

etc etc etc

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They have been a league club for 92 years.

0 seasons at Level 1

19 seasons at Level 2

63 seasons at Level 3

1 season at Level 5

Balls have they, more like 6 years isn't it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

They have been a league club for had a total of 92 91 years in the football league

0 seasons at Level 1

19 seasons at Level 2

63 seasons at Level 3

1 season at Level 5 new level invented by the snorters

Without wishing to suggest you may secretly be ‘one of them’

I have amended your otherwise excellent stats.

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Without wishing to suggest you may secretly be ‘one of them’

I have amended your otherwise excellent stats.

Level 5 is the National League, Level 6 is National Leagues North and South and so on down the pyramid.

The Pikey morons called it division 5 as if it were part of the EFL.

It is 92 years in total they've had in the EFL and one at non-league level 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We're a "medium" in the Championship. Big in L1. And massive! in L2. 

They're a minnow in the Championship (I know. It's a stretch, but bare with me), medium in L1, big in L2.

We'd be fodder in the Prem. Miniscule. But minted.

Ok MoP, I’ll concede the Sags to be a big shit in L2 then ?

28 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Level 5 is the National League, Level 6 is National Leagues North and South and so on down the pyramid.

The Pikey morons called it division 5 as if it were part of the EFL.

It is 92 years in total they've had in the EFL and one at non-league level 5.

They joined the football league in 1920 

28 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve just been reading through the “Barton legal hearing” thread on cat shag. 

Jesus wept they genuinely couldn’t be a bigger bunch of morons if they tried. 

They seem to be ignoring the fact that he`s already spent time at Her Majesty`s Pleasure for violence a few years back - it`s not been mentioned in one post.

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They seem to be ignoring the fact that he`s already spent time at Her Majesty`s Pleasure for violence a few years back - it`s not been mentioned in one post.

Aren’t his cousin and brother both in prison for a racially motivated murder too? ?‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Aren’t his cousin and brother both in prison for a racially motivated murder too? ?‍♂️ 

I believe they are, although as you know - that has nothing to do with Joey and whilst as a family they might be somewhat iffy, there is no value in referencing that.

Out of interest (and I really don't know), what has Joey been charged with?

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I believe they are, although as you know - that has nothing to do with Joey and whilst as a family they might be somewhat iffy, there is no value in referencing that.

Out of interest (and I really don't know), what has Joey been charged with?

ABH. 

(2nd from bottom in the 6 step ladder of assaults - but you genuinely have to do some proper damage to be charged with it!)