IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Pathological liars ?

They actually said that tickets were limited to season ticket holders and sold out which meant that other season ticket holders missed out :laughcont:

They had 3k season ticket holders FFS.

As you say, they are pathological liars.

Hello Pikeys :sub:We know you are there :laughcont:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Looks like they did, they certainly have a grass pitch nowadays.

Barrow AFC know what needs to be done to bring Holker Street up to League Two standard

Intrigue got the better of me and I looked it up!
When they got taken over a few years back they looked at the prospect of installing one, but never did, so hats off to the groundsman for making that look so good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Intrigue got the better of me and I looked it up!
When they got taken over a few years back they looked at the prospect of installing one, but never did, so hats off to the groundsman for making that look so good.

That stand reminds me of somewhere....

• Like 1

I haven't seen this mentioned.

Their forum went offline for a while because the Admin hadn't renewed the domain and didn't know it was offline because he "barely use[s] this forum" and only heard it was offline through a WhatsApp group.

What a loyal and fanatical fanbase they command.

image.thumb.png.8628cd6aec7f9cc61ef4824a6bc0efd8.png

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18064/forum-back-business

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Guess there ticket sales are split in to thirds as well.

1/3 OAP, a third adults and the rest kids.

So little over 1000 full priced paying adults. Based on my unqualified calculation.

Pathetic.

I read somewhere that the average age of their supporter was one of the highest in the EFL and they have relatively few kids with season tickets. 

You can't blame the kids either. There's a lot of competition for leisure hobbies. With football on demand on the TV or football computer games being played out in large modern arenas why on earth would any youngster want to watch 5hit football standing on an old terrace under a tarpaulin roof with stomach cramps from the stale crisps whilst wetting themselves trying to blot out a visit to the "grotto"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

See Joey has decided to overcome the goal scoring issues from last season with a new formation based entirely on season ticket sales.

Jeez..... their spelling is awful!

Tickets are now off-sale for a week while seats are reallocated.

That's not how you spell "relocated"!  I presume they're maybe taking the roof off one of the stands to pop it in the washing machine and they just don't want the seats getting wet.....

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I read somewhere that the average age of their supporter was one of the highest in the EFL and they have relatively few kids with season tickets. 

The Disclosure & Barring Service receive nowhere near enough credit for the valuable work they do.......

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were absolutely RAGING around the time we beat Man Utd and played Man City. Our entire club including the support was getting admiring comments all over Social Media and they just couldn’t handle it.

They were consumed with envy and rage at that time. You couldn't even mention City without being asked to put your pint down and sort it out in the pub carpark by the rabied tote enders, literally foaming at the jowls.

It was around Christmas time and the pubs have those posters up advertising the Sky Sports schedule for December. I think Bristol City was being shown at least 3 times that month and they were absolutely off their nuts about it. Then the festive adverts were being shown for the upcoming matches and Bristol City were getting mentioned left right and centre and they started going on about how ******* sick to death they were of having to hear about 'Da Shit' all the time and how it was ruining their Christmas.

I remember being told that it would all become better once City had been humiliated by Man United as they had totally written us off.

I decided to watch the match in the pub as I couldn't get a ticket and as it was a massive Gas pub I was being taunted about turning up to witness da shit get butt ******.

There were more than a few comments about the 'Snake' and how he was totally out of his depth.......until he set up Korey Smith.

The fact that the Snake had contributed to City going through was the final straw and they started moaning about having to watch yet more of City over the Christmas period and I was told in no uncertain terms not to mention anything about City. Most of them downed their pints and ****** off because they couldn't bare to hear all of the positive post-match analysis and commentary. In fact, the landlord was told to switch over, so I had to catch up on it when I got home.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

See Joey has decided to overcome the goal scoring issues from last season with a new formation based entirely on season ticket sales.

A 'massive' 3388.

My god they are so ******* tinpot I don't know whether to laugh or cringe....or both!

32 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

A 'massive' 3388.

My god they are so ******* tinpot I don't know whether to laugh or cringe....or both!

They really do think they are some kind of big shot don't they?

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King."

Absolute tossers...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS3City said:

They really do think they are some kind of big shot don't they?

Absolute tossers...

Yeah let's see what they get being relegated consecutively to the bottom of the fourth tier and nearly going out of business. What was their attendance in their last game at Eastville? Says it all really when all their fans are up for is a good piss up on away days and they have been shit at that last few season too.

28 minutes ago, BS3City said:

"Where the action isn’t
That’s where it is
State your position
Vacancies exist"

Strangely, Dr Clarke omits in his excellent biography any reference to his having visited The Gas & them inspiring his epic poem. 

As for, "Beauty problems are redefined," I couldn't have put it better myself. 

Celebrating selling a poxy 3300 STs when they bore opposition fans to death with how supposedly loyal they are. Utterly tragic.

Dont forget they were recently trying to impress Barton by saying they’ll be taking 2000 away everywhere next season. ?

As for this absolute nugget, in answer to his question “how many did we have in division 4?” 

Answer: more than the Gas were getting in the 3rd division at the time. ?

3D09956F-73AA-434C-9CB9-FA8588F8E90A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Celebrating selling a poxy 3300 STs when they bore opposition fans to death with how supposedly loyal they are. Utterly tragic.

Dont forget they were recently trying to impress Barton by saying they’ll be taking 2000 away everywhere next season. ?

As for this absolute nugget, in answer to his question “how many did we have in division 4?” 

Answer: more than the Gas were getting in the 3rd division at the time. ?

3D09956F-73AA-434C-9CB9-FA8588F8E90A.jpeg

How many did we have in Division 4? Not many, but then not (as) many went to football anywhere around the country in the early 80s because football was very unpopular, reviled even, and nothing like the fashionable thing it is today (which trickles down from the PL through the divisions), something they'll all take in to consideration on g4s chat when making their unbiased, unselective comparisons I do not doubt.

Wrexham in the National (non) league in 2019, for example, averaged more than Rovers in Division 3 a couple of times in the 80s. 

Some other average attendances from around that time 1982/83:

Arsenal, 24,000

Chelsea, 12,000 (in 2nd division)

Everton, 20,200

Leeds, 15,900 (2nd div)

Liverpool, 34000

Newcastle, 17000

Man City, 26000

Man Utd, 41,000

Sheff Weds, 16k  (in 2nd).

Cardiff, 7,036 (when they were promoted, from Div 3).

So as we can see, if we are inclined to, crowds were considerably smaller everywhere, when we were in Div 4. Everywhere except Bristol Rovers, interestingly, where crowds around 82-83 were just a little bit smaller than they are nowadays. But then their crowds never have been big enough to have been significantly smaller at some other point. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

How many did we have in Division 4? Not many, but then not (as) many went to football anywhere around the country in the early 80s because football was very unpopular, reviled even, and nothing like the fashionable thing it is today (which trickles down from the PL through the divisions), something they'll all take in to consideration on g4s chat when making their unbiased, unselective comparisons I do not doubt.

Wrexham in the National (non) league in 2019, for example, averaged more than Rovers in Division 3 a couple of times in the 80s. 

Some other average attendances from around that time 1982/83:

Arsenal, 24,000

Chelsea, 12,000 (in 2nd division)

Everton, 20,200

Leeds, 15,900 (2nd div)

Liverpool, 34000

Newcastle, 17000

Man City, 26000

Man Utd, 41,000

Sheff Weds, 16k  (in 2nd).

Cardiff, 7,036 (when they were promoted, from Div 3).

So as we can see, if we are inclined to, crowds were considerably smaller everywhere, when we were in Div 4. Everywhere except Bristol Rovers, interestingly, where crowds around 82-83 were just a little bit smaller than they are nowadays. But then their crowds never have been big enough to have been significantly smaller at some other point. 

You are wasting your time spouting facts like that those cretins aint intrested in shyte like that