IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

If Joey told him all this before he signed, then it must be true ....

"What was big on bringing me down to Bristol is the fans, the club and how massive the club is. Obviously I have played at Fleetwood and Accrington and no disrespect to them sides but the fan base here is unbelievable"

Slight error,it should of been,basement fans.

Just now, NOTBLUE said:
3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"What was big on bringing me down to Bristol is the fans, the club and how massive the club is. Obviously I have played at Fleetwood and Accrington and no disrespect to them sides but the fan base here is unbelievable"

Expand  

Slight error,it should of been basement fans not fan base.

43 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:
4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Expand  

I suspect the lad (quite rightly) assumed there is only one team in Bristol and thought he would be playing at Ashton Gate.  That would explain his comments.  Finding out the reality would explain the expression on his face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Why did they do the interviews in someone's garage?

Barton did tell the truth, 'we have a great training complex here in Bristol'. He omitted to say 'it's Bristol City's and we train in a shed' but he didn't lie, there is a great training complex in Bristol, it's just not theirs.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 4

Some bloke signs up to their little forum club and his first post criticises a new player and Barton and this is the response;

"We’ve had a glut of trollish accounts register on here recently. I don’t know if it’s the relegation or the lockdowns or Joey Barton, but it’s got quite hard for the mods to deal with. It just ruins the place for other members quite frankly.

So I’m sorry Smashngrab1, you might be a genuine Gashead, in which case feel free to reregister and share your passion about the Gas, but an obviously incendiary first post attacking a player who’s only been here five minutes suggests otherwise.

So you’re gone."

Classic moderating from them :laughcont:

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Rob said:

I used to get very irritated by people calling us "Bristol" when it should be "Bristol City".  But now, that may be a bonus. I'm thinking that's what confused Sam Finley, he's been watching Sky, and when they said you've got an opportunity to play in Bristol he automatically thought of us.  Imagine his shock when he turned up and it was those reprobates. And saw the ground and training facilities.

That's why he's looking so sad. He's been duped.

Imagine how you’d feel as a national league player who makes the final played at Ashton Gate. Win at Ashton Gate and reward is to play at the Mem

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Some bloke signs up to their little forum club and his first post criticises a new player and Barton and this is the response;

"We’ve had a glut of trollish accounts register on here recently. I don’t know if it’s the relegation or the lockdowns or Joey Barton, but it’s got quite hard for the mods to deal with. It just ruins the place for other members quite frankly.

So I’m sorry Smashngrab1, you might be a genuine Gashead, in which case feel free to reregister and share your passion about the Gas, but an obviously incendiary first post attacking a player who’s only been here five minutes suggests otherwise.

So you’re gone."

Quite hard for the Mods to deal with...

It's a forum that gets about 15 new posts a day! There is almost a mod per message over there.

It's no wonder everyone laughs at them in their little bubble of perfection, where to not be fully behind Deacon and Wally must mean you're a Ted.

Without doubt, the most tin pot outfit going, and their fans are as much of a problem as their leaders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's a forum that gets about 15 new posts a day! There is almost a mod per message over there.

It's no wonder everyone laughs at them in their little bubble of perfection, where to not be fully behind Deacon and Wally must mean you're a Ted.

Without doubt, the most tin pot outfit going, and their fans are as much of a problem as their leaders.

Absolutely.
I think this forum is one of the better ones, because it allows other teams support on to add to the points of views. There are plenty of different ides on here, I don't agree with all (much?) but that's the point of a forum, debate. I'm happy to accept when I'm wrong.
What's the point of a forum that's only purpose is ego stroking? Without disagreement you can't learn or grow, which is probably why they don't want any other supporters on there.. Bizarre really as they are the mostest loved team around ?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

So you’re gone."

Imagine if we banned every poster who was critical of the club... There'd be nobody left within a week :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, elhombrecito said:

Imagine if we banned every poster who was critical of the club... There'd be nobody left within a week :laugh:

We'd have a "forum" like theirs, a cosy little club.

They're like Little Britain - this is a forum for local people, we'll have none of that here.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Deacon!!

I had to think what it was referring to at first. F@ckin rofl !!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

So you’re gone."

Quite frankly that is unbelievable. That's not a forum at all is it, but a private little (emphasis on the word little) fraternity of fanbois whose only remit is to accept new members only if they fall inline with their self-constructed echo chamber. Could there even be another football club forum anywhere on the web like that one?

And the temerity to question whether the poster is a genuine Rovers fan! as if the idea of a 'genuine Rovers fan' is grounds for actual debate! Jeeeez. Imagine if every new poster here had their City-supporting credentials immediately put under scrutiny. Not welcomed onboard as one of us, free to post whatever they wish, but jumped on, cross-examined, and then arbitrarily tossed out the door.

This really says everything there is to know about them.

"As above, so below." That whole club is rancid through and through.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Quite frankly that is unbelievable. That's not a forum at all is it, but a private little (emphasis on the word little) fraternity of fanbois whose only remit is to accept new members only if they fall inline with their self-constructed echo chamber. Could there even be another football club forum anywhere on the web like that one?

And the temerity to question whether the poster is a genuine Rovers fan! as if the idea of a 'genuine Rovers fan' is grounds for actual debate! Jeeeez. Imagine if every new poster here had their City-supporting credentials immediately put under scrutiny. Not welcomed onboard as one of us, free to post whatever they wish, but jumped on, cross-examined, and then arbitrarily tossed out the door.

The other forum seems to be the same but not quite as inert. I guess most of the posters are the same.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeh but they have 20,000 posters locked out.

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think you’re thinking of Royston Veasey in the League of Gentlemen?

Thats the one !

Royston Vasey.

Little Britain has been banned, all streams and channels closed down.

Anyway, thats them, that is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneCity said:

Their forum reflects their club. Shabby. 

The mods are paranoid about any form of criticism and that's why you rarely see posts from fans of other clubs. Simply because all they'd get is stick.

As a City fan you'll get banned before you can blink. 

Still great fun to read though. They are a bunch of chumps.

On 27/05/2021 at 14:52, 42nite said:

"Joey told me how big the City is..."

Surely that should be....are?

A football club is a single entity - so it’s correct to say ‘is’ - most people around football say ‘are’ as it actually sounds correct and less awkward than using ‘is’ - eg ‘City are at home on Saturday’ - but it’s correct to say ‘City is at home on Saturday’ as City is a football club - a single entity ... as you were ??

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Population of Accrington: 35,456

Last average att: 2764  7.7% of the population 

Population of Fleetwood: 25,939

Last average att: 3165  12.2% of the population 

Population of Bristol: 467,099

Last Gas average att: 8320  1.7% of the population ? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

For balance, on average, we’re  watched by 4.5% of Bristolians.

Super post - I’ve been shouted down for using percentages of populations before - eg when people on here have slagged off the attendances of clubs like Wigan and Burnley I’ve politely pointed out that the home crowds of both those clubs are far more impressive than ours - even more so given that they are both surrounded by bigger and better clubs short distances away - we don’t even have that excuse!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A football club is a single entity - so it’s correct to say ‘is’ - most people around football say ‘are’ as it actually sounds correct and less awkward than using ‘is’ - eg ‘City are at home on Saturday’ - but it’s correct to say ‘City is at home on Saturday’ as City is a football club - a single entity ... as you were ??

The general consensus among writers is that sports clubs, like pop groups, are outside the usual collective singular used by organisations.

Thus:  Bristol City are preparing for a summer of recruitment.  Bristol Sport is calculating how much money will be available.  

• Like 2