IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Not even in the planning stage ?? I'll have you know it's due to open in August..that's what Wally told them so it must be true ??

nearly finished so ive been told just the seat numbers and the new santas grotto to be fitted and thats it. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

nearly finished so ive been told just the seat numbers and the new santas grotto to be fitted and thats it. 

Amazing how such a major construction project slap bang in the middle of Bristol has been undertaken with such little disruption - it`s almost as if nothing`s been going on at all.

Well done to all concerned.

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Amazing how such a major construction project slap bang in the middle of Bristol has been undertaken with such little disruption - it`s almost as if nothing`s been going on at all.

Well done to all concerned.

It’s been going on for a LONG time as well.

I seem to remember way back in 2013 at the JPT derby match they were singing “we’ve got our staydee-uum” for at least 30 seconds before continuing their 90 minutes sponsored silence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I mean putting aside Barton having the worst points haul of the four managers they had last season let’s talk about that stadium issue:

Even if a deal to buy the land tomorrow was announced it would probably take 12 months to complete the deal and everyone at the site to move elsewhere.

Then we move onto planning and initial public consultations, environmental impact assessments

Getting planning approved

Signing off 106 agreements.

Putting the work out to tender

Financing it which probably rests on selling the Mem and getting planning permission on there as means of an enabling development.

Finalising it all and work beginning..

3 years if it all runs smoothly. 

#gaslogic = it’ll all be done in 12 months 

And if it isn't, it's Councils/Lansdowns fault.

9 hours ago, TomF said:

I mean putting aside Barton having the worst points haul of the four managers they had last season let’s talk about that stadium issue:

Even if a deal to buy the land tomorrow was announced it would probably take 12 months to complete the deal and everyone at the site to move elsewhere.

Then we move onto planning and initial public consultations, environmental impact assessments

Getting planning approved

Signing off 106 agreements.

Putting the work out to tender

Financing it which probably rests on selling the Mem and getting planning permission on there as means of an enabling development.

Finalising it all and work beginning..

3 years if it all runs smoothly. 

#gaslogic = it’ll all be done in 12 months 

You can add completion of the detailed design, agreement of contract documents/engrossment of contracts (it will no doubt surprise the Gas hordes that a "successful" Contractor will negotiate on Contract terms and amendments notwithstanding the fact they have been handed the chance on a plate to build a stadium for the Worlds most loved club) and a period for contractor mobilisation (it will no doubt disappoint a few in #gaslogicland but they don't just turn up with their site offices, Bob the Site Manager and a digger the day after you tell them they have been successful in the tender).

You would think that on an "average football club forum" there would be someone or many on there who "have a job" or maybe some experience of the construction industry that might be able to put them right when they spout this absolute guff but it doesn't appear to be the case on theirs and that extends to their Owner not just the horse punching, glass butting, boob cricket internationals that follow them. "Yes, we will be building in a year............because it sounds impressive and I said so"......... 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You can add completion of the detailed design, agreement of contract documents/engrossment of contracts (it will no doubt surprise the Gas hordes that a "successful" Contractor will negotiate on Contract terms and amendments notwithstanding the fact they have been handed the chance on a plate to build a stadium for the Worlds most loved club) and a period for contractor mobilisation (it will no doubt disappoint a few in #gaslogicland but they don't just turn up with their site offices, Bob the Site Manager and a digger the day after you tell them they have been successful in the tender).

Contractors wouldn’t negotiate terms. Just being told they had won the right to build the Stadium of S**te would bring, honour, prestige, fame and riches beyond the dreams of avarice alone!  Negotiate! Pah!

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

"Yes, we will be building in a year...........

Wael-he-Quixote also channeled his inner Kevin Costner adding:

"If I say I'll build it they will come..." though I may have misunderstood the last bit.

17 hours ago, Mr Yoda said:

Gold level belter....

Screenshot_20210602-202055~2.png

Fruit Market Stadium? **** me. Fruitcake Stadium would be nearer the mark. The Stadium of Delusion, the Stadium of Shite, The Rotten Apple Stadium and The Theatre of Beans all have to be contenders. I wonder if the Bristol Post would like to put the name to a Public Vote

49 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Fruit Market Stadium? **** me. Fruitcake Stadium would be nearer the mark. The Stadium of Delusion, the Stadium of Shite, The Rotten Apple Stadium and The Theatre of Beans all have to be contenders. I wonder if the Bristol Post would like to put the name to a Public Vote

The Fruitcake Stadium,sounds about right.

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So damn deluded it hurts.

Screenshot_20210603-113207_Samsung Internet.jpg

So its going to be a really tough season and people should keep things in perspective, but he'd be happy for promotion in third place.

Dipstick.

Division 2 ? What is that ?

Its like when they went non-league - apparently it was division 5..