IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Why focus on that point when apparently not wanting to make any comment though? I think they didn't fully understand what that meant and used it to suggest that no crime took place. Regardless they knew the implication of what they said and wanted to throw doubt on the case though apparently didn't want to comment. 

100%, they mentioned it in their statement because they thought it meant he was innocent as there was no victim, otherwise why mention it at all, a complete lack of understanding which resulted in anger and confusion, whoever is in charge of their media had a shocker

Neither the shocking first statement and the words of Wally includes links or numbers where people who have been victims of domestic violence could reach out for support, instead they use the text in the second statement to say what wonderful things they have done previously.

Shambles of a club, furiously trying to back track.

The one positive is that most of the Fewers can see through this nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Neither the shocking first statement and the words of Wally includes links or numbers where people who have been victims of domestic violence could reach out for support, instead they use the text in the second statement to say what wonderful things they have done previously.

Shambles of a club, furiously trying to back track.

The one positive is that most of the Fewers can see through this nonsense.

The damage is done. The Family Club who are also everyone's second favourite football club up and down the land are no more. I suspect Cardiff City fans will still bum them for ever more but that's about it.

Many of the comments on Social media lambasting the Horse Punchers were from all around the country, people who certainly wouldn't have been waiting for Wally's "clarification" statement and who see this club as a basket case that is trying to minimise domestic violence as a "victimless" crime. That level of incompetence at staff level really does take some doing, it takes years of hard work.

The club statement that attempts to minimise the situation is still on their website which is both breathtaking and arrogant beyond belief. Forget whether the "one court appearance per month" legend should be anywhere near a football club, the Jordanian that runs the total shit show out there should have his arse booted out of it by the EFL on the grounds he has just completely failed the fit and proper owners test.

Wael Al Qadi: “As a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately... However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty”

Stand against any form violence? Is that why you hired a manager who assasults other managers? 

Anyway back to matters on the pitch, a very decent effort for the Fourth Division club to hold the mighty Havant & Waterlooville to a goalless draw at fortress Mem last night.

Looks like the player described by the Post as like “Jack Grealish” (I kid you not, I can’t actually remember his name, but he scored 10 for Forest Green last season) must have had an off day?

Missing the tactical genius of Norman Stanley Barton, presumably?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Wael Al Qadi: “As a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately... However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty”

Stand against any form violence? Is that why you hired a manager who assasults other managers? 

Who has already served a prison sentence, & has a track record of this.

Not really thought that statement through, have you, Wael?

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

100%, they mentioned it in their statement because they thought it meant he was innocent as there was no victim, otherwise why mention it at all, a complete lack of understanding which resulted in anger and confusion, whoever is in charge of their media had a shocker

Yes ,and in the open letter ,Wally reverts to what the sags do best.....throw someone else under the bus !         "WE didn't say it, it was a quote from the CPS/police ,whatever, ....it wasn't us, guv, honest " !

can anyone point me in the direction of those Aston Villa guys that went to the Gas and filmed them just singing about us and looking at our score, I know its on this thread but i cant find it.

I have a mate who has never seen it and wont believe me. Ta in advance.

38 minutes ago, cidercity said:

can anyone point me in the direction of those Aston Villa guys that went to the Gas and filmed them just singing about us and looking at our score, I know its on this thread but i cant find it.

I have a mate who has never seen it and wont believe me. Ta in advance.

10 mins in they start slaughtering the gas!

'City are clearly the biggest club in Bristol, streets, streets ahead of rovers'.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

10 mins in they start slaughtering the gas!

'City are clearly the biggest club in Bristol, streets, streets ahead of rovers'.

First look at the ground. It does look like a bit of a prison.

Well there’s a reason for that boys 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

And kicks women in the head by all accounts too.  I just can't understand why he has been released on bail again as he is clearly a danger to the public with a criminal conviction and pending two further cases of assault.  It seems that the bloke is never going to learn how to behave.

3 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I am surprised that their sponsors and other advertisers haven’t started to distance themselves from the club. 

They probably covered themselves against this in the small print... 

Something like.... 

"when our repeatedly convicted & accused thug of a manager next attacks someone, no refunds will be issued"

"nor will any refund be available the next time anybody associated with BRFC violently attacks or interferes with any animal, be it domestic, equine or livestock - or should anybody be charged with groping women whilst they are out with their children" 

Disclaimer probably reads like... 

"you know who we are, what we're like and your lack of morals or good taste, does not entitle you to a refund when the inevitable may occur" 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Just out of interest is Refuge a support for Women and Children and not Men?

There is the odd Refuge and support group for men but the low numbers reflect the simple fact that there are less Women on Men and Men on Men DV incidents than Men on Women and, statistically the highest proportion (or certainly was anyway), Women on Women in Lesbian relationships. 

2 minutes ago, BS3City said:

So the BBC won't quote the statement for legal reasons and yet it still remains on the Sag website!

Is that just stubbornness or stupidity?

#gaslogic is what it is...........

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BS3City said:

So the BBC won't quote the statement for legal reasons and yet it still remains on the Sag website!

Is that just stubbornness or stupidity?

I'm pretty certain the majority on here already know the answer to that one!

• Thanks 1