Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Couldn't agree more. Comes across as a complete horrible clown. Loves slaughtering his players given every opportunity.. 

Thank god for articulate interesting Lee Johnson, like chalk and cheese those two. 

Lee johnson was telling the media that his players were pulling out of tackles after the bolton defeat.

Now thats what i call slaughtering players,about as big an insult as a footballer can receive.

14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Some may remember Rovers getting excited about signing Ghassan Abu Hassan (picture provided to jog the memory)

The excitement being in some part because of him being the first ever Jordanian player to sign for a U.K. club.

Well, while we have young prospects playing at clubs aiming for promotion from the same league Rovers are in, they have shipped young Ghassan out to Bishops Cleeve, the whipping boys of the 8th tier who have managed a massive 11 points in 27 games (0.41 ppg) and have conceded 71 times, while managing a massive 3 wins this season.

He better be good if he's to help Bishops Cleeve stay up as they need to overturn a 13 point gap to safety and still have to face a team who have scored 6 past them twice already this season.

IMG_1395.JPG

ND.jpg

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

This guy MUST be lying....I'm not having this........... (6:52)  :P

'Not much noise from the away fans, I expected more from them'. Surely this is wrong? The faithful and true are the 'bestest fans in the world' aren't they? The lad pretty much said ro**rs were crap as well, I like the fella! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Swindon (a)

Preston (h)

Crewe (a)

Colchester (a)

Sheff Utd (h).

I remember after the Sheff Utd defeat Sagheads joyfully telling me the “wheels had come off”. We didnt lose again in the remaining 3 months of the season.

Another great prediction that they got wrong. Here’s some more:

”this time next year shitheads...”

”a new era is coming...”

”Lansdown is gonna pull the plug...”

“We’re going to be  biggest and richest club in Bristol”

”Taylor will never go to da shit”

and 

“WEVE GOT OUR STADIIIUUUMMM”

"Oh Yessss!!!!"

57 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Two years ago today they became the 6th richest club in the country.

Tick tock.

MTG 

Read the interview with Wally in The Post.

A lesson in how to say absolutely nothing to a series of powder puff questions. 

I'm going to guess the fewers are lapping this up and thinking everything is great.

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"People keep on saying we don't have a plan B or C, but we do have a plan B, C, D and E. We all know that we need new facilities and we are working hard behind the scenes to achieve that, it's going to take time."

Well that's a surprise.

You mock as though it’s easy to upgrade the quality of bog roll. As though it grows on trees..!

THESE THINGS TAKE TIME!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miser said:

Full stadium update in the evil post ! Substantial progress made. They're now on plan F (but can't talk about it). I reckon given the 26 letters in the alphabet, Wally thinks he can string this out for a few more years 

I am looking forward to the next plan after F .... all those white plastic chairs could even get replaced ...

GPlan.thumb.png.545736893ac5f4e17f657bac49aceffd.png

• Haha 1

Kind of a nothing interview - kind of suggesting things were happening when there was nothing really.

Still no stadium news, just somethings happening in the background (same as the last X years)

Bought a training ground - um no you bought some fields and pitch, still no training ground being built there or plans.

DC 5 year contract - again old news and meaningless, as the club can get rid of him whenever they want, or he can leave whenever he wants and both parties will get their 1 year compensation as per most of these types of contract. They might as well have announced they gave him a 100 year contract, would mean the same.

Development team, same old bringing the squad numbers back up after shedding players over the years due to costs.

Back room staff, same old, bringing them back up to normal numbers after shedding staff over the years due to costs.

DC got the players he wanted. Hmmm I suspect he would have liked more / better but had to settle, or was what we saw really the pinnacle of his teams transfer policy/targets.

just treading water, I imagine the Rovers fans will lap up the old rehashed news as "Amazeballs" but it's just nothing.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Kind of a nothing interview - kind of suggesting things were happening when there was nothing really.

Still no stadium news, just somethings happening in the background (same as the last X years)

Bought a training ground - um no you bought some fields and pitch, still no training ground being built there or plans.

DC 5 year contract - again old news and meaningless, as the club can get rid of him whenever they want, or he can leave whenever he wants and both parties will get their 1 year compensation as per most of these types of contract. They might as well have announced they gave him a 100 year contract, would mean the same.

Development team, same old bringing the squad numbers back up after shedding players over the years due to costs.

Back room staff, same old, bringing them back up to normal numbers after shedding staff over the years due to costs.

DC got the players he wanted. Hmmm I suspect he would have liked more / better but had to settle, or was what we saw really the pinnacle of his teams transfer policy/targets.

just treading water, I imagine the Rovers fans will lap up the old rehashed news as "Amazeballs" but it's just nothing.

They are all over it like Stuart Sinclair delving into a bin outside McDonalds.

Nothing is happening at all and there are no concrete updates as these things take a considerable amount of time, however, the less that happens the lovelier and lovelier Wally gets. He gets more lovely every time. What a lovely bloke. Rovers are going down the toilet but who cares? Wally is lovely. Quick, let's all go down Gloucester Road with him held high on our shoulders. Who needs a football club when you have got a lovely lovely lovely Wally?

Wally, lovely bloke. Lovely. Let's have a Wally love-in.....

How lovely is Wally? Lovely bloke.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Fiale said:

Regarding the 5 year contract,if you only get 1 years pay if your sacked why do managers up and down the country sign 2,3 and 5 year deals?

Whats the point if what you say is true?

Surely every contract from guardiola to mark mcghee would just be 1 year if what your saying is true?

9 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Regarding the 5 year contract,if you only get 1 years pay if your sacked why do managers up and down the country sign 2,3 and 5 year deals?

Whats the point if what you say is true?

Surely every contract from guardiola to mark mcghee would just be 1 year if what your saying is true?

The answer is quite simple , If You dont sign the contract you don't get the job , standard practice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

The answer is quite simple , If You dont sign the contract you don't get the job , standard practice. 

Managers who are already in a job sign extensions to their contracts,why bother if its only worth a year anyway?

14 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Managers who are already in a job sign extensions to their contracts,why bother if its only worth a year anyway?

because there will be clauses in the contract including wage increase, renumeration etc - so if you want you % increase each year, or a larger win bonus, position bonus for the next 2-3 years you sign the contract. You get offered extensions if your doing well, you get as much as you can whilst your stock is high. But in those contracts will be clauses on what happens if either party wishes to part ways, that is what the club will give the manager if they bin him, or compensation that your next club pay your current if they poach you.

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread