Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

Just stumbled across this beaut...

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
***
13 hours ago
Quote
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 
 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

 

:rofl2br:

Edited by BCFC11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just in case you actually believed the bollocks you were spouting Jarman.

I think you’ve been hanging around with lying Gasheads too long...

B5E2BC78-7C82-4A8B-B829-9E70C8CDAD95.jpeg

Looks like I've missed this, so their piece of shit ground that consists of a few tents, 3 plastic seats, a gazebo, some speakers, a couple of racist chants and horse punching is only 74% full? 

Saw an absoloute beauty of a SAG on twitter suggest they use to take up to 2,500 fans to Griffin Park when they were in the championship.(when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Their end only holds 1,600 fans.. 

Truly a simple bunch.

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like I've missed this, so their piece of shit ground that consists of a few tents, 3 plastic seats, a gazebo, some speakers, a couple of racist chants and horse punching is only 74% full? 

Saw an absoloute beauty of a SAG on twitter suggest they use to take up to 2,500 fans to Griffin Park when they were in the championship.(when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Their end only holds 1,600 fans.. 

Truly a simple bunch.

Were Brentford even in the 2nd Division the last time Rovers were 25 years ago?

Still, it's not like a Saghead to lie through his teeth about attendances...

Oh wait...yes it is, it's their favourite hobby.

Speaking of lies, 'Jarman' who made the original 95% claim hasn't responded to my post even though he's since contributed on another thread. They seem to just come on here, spout bullshit that their mates on Slagchat have told them and then go missing when you prove them wrong.

Its 'what they do'.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Were Brentford even in the 2nd Division the last time Rovers were 25 years ago?

Still, it's not like a Saghead to lie through his teeth about attendances...

Oh wait...yes it is, it's their favourite hobby.

Speaking of lies, 'Jarman' who made the original 95% claim hasn't responded to my post even though he's since contributed on another thread. They seem to just come on here, spout bullshit that their mates on Slagchat have told them and then go missing when you prove them wrong.

Its 'what they do'.

 Plus, they've never played in the championship despite this being the 14th season since its inception.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good point. If they reckon they've played in the Championship then we've had a couple of spells in the Premier League. 

Thats true though isnt it?

Does calling a league by a different name make it any different.

Division 1 is the same as the premier league

div 2 the championship and league one is the poxy third division.

Makes me laugh when they say alan shearer was the all time top premier league goalscorer,he wasnt jimmy greaves scored loads more goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thats true though isnt it?

Does calling a league by a different name make it any different.

Division 1 is the same as the premier league

div 2 the championship and league one is the poxy third division.

Makes me laugh when they say alan shearer was the all time top premier league goalscorer,he wasnt jimmy greaves scored loads more goals.

Did Jimmy Greaves even play a game after 1992, when football started..?! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Were Brentford even in the 2nd Division the last time Rovers were 25 years ago?

Still, it's not like a Saghead to lie through his teeth about attendances...

Oh wait...yes it is, it's their favourite hobby.

Speaking of lies, 'Jarman' who made the original 95% claim hasn't responded to my post even though he's since contributed on another thread. They seem to just come on here, spout bullshit that their mates on Slagchat have told them and then go missing when you prove them wrong.

Its 'what they do'.

When they spout their lies on their own sites, there's no opposition, just kindred spirits who like to tell themselves how great they are. They can spout any old crap and their fellow losers lap it up. It's become the norm for them as they don't let fans of other clubs onto their forums, unlike proper clubs.

They're an embarrassment TBH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thats true though isnt it?

Does calling a league by a different name make it any different.

Division 1 is the same as the premier league

div 2 the championship and league one is the poxy third division.

Makes me laugh when they say alan shearer was the all time top premier league goalscorer,he wasnt jimmy greaves scored loads more goals.

What, like calling the Banarama Conference "division 5" ?

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just stumbled across this beaut...

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
***
13 hours ago
Quote
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 
 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

 

:rofl2br:

#tinpot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just stumbled across this beaut...

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
***
13 hours ago
Quote
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 
 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

 

:rofl2br:

Staggering. 20 years behind the times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just stumbled across this beaut...

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
***
13 hours ago
Quote
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 
 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

 

:rofl2br:

 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

#tinpot.

 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Staggering. 20 years behind the times.

 

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Send them a SAE? What is this, the Multi-Coloured Swap Shop?!?

 

37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

These things take time plus 20 years.

 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Yeah, I'll swap the ground and the entire team for my "Eagle eyes" Action man with gripping hands.

Bristol Rovers have just announced that Football Manager 2018 is going to be available for all 8.5k + 20k + 46k of their fan base.

The play by mail details are in the post.....2nd class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Were Brentford even in the 2nd Division the last time Rovers were 25 years ago?

 

1992-93 season; Rovers & Brentford relegated together from the 2nd tier. It was titled "Division 1" then as the Prem had just started causing the League to retitle their divisions..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a good 'un.......

" We’re a fantastic club with loyal fans who support our club through thick and thin whether we’ve got a great manager a pathetic one , good owners , bad ones we never turn our back on our club unlike the 82ers.
11,000 saw us relegated from the football league we averaged about 7,000
non league and we’ve bounced back to league 1 with the help of that loyal support.
I’d recommend the north terrace behind the goal if you like
atmosphere and standing it holds 4000 and there’s a bar behind it and the foods decent too.
The toilets are crap so have a turn out before you arrive.
FTG. "

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Here's a good 'un.......

" We’re a fantastic club with loyal fans who support our club through thick and thin whether we’ve got a great manager a pathetic one , good owners , bad ones we never turn our back on our club unlike the 82ers.
11,000 saw us relegated from the football league we averaged about 7,000
non league and we’ve bounced back to league 1 with the help of that loyal support.
I’d recommend the north terrace behind the goal if you like
atmosphere and standing it holds 4000 and there’s a bar behind it and the foods decent too.
The toilets are crap so have a turn out before you arrive.
FTG. "

 

******* hate the arrogance of them tbh. Gets up my nose that they still think they're loyal and fantastic and faithful, rather than just exactly the same as every other club in the country. Strange lot.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

******* hate the arrogance of them tbh. Gets up my nose that they still think they're loyal and fantastic and faithful, rather than just exactly the same as every other club in the country. Strange lot.

They averaged 6,628 for that season. Lowest crowd was 4861. Highest was their last game at 11,065. Total for the season was 152,440.......which is equal to about 7 of our attendances this season.

If we averaged 20,500 in the League this season that would give us 471,500 over 23 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...