Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

Doesn't Barton currently have the lowest points per game of the three managers so far this season? If they are that bad what does it say about him? 

Exactly. You can't polish a turd. Painting it blue and white or even, as seems likely, mail bag grey; a turd is still a turd. 

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

I can see Barton walking out at some point 

Why?

He’s got the Worlds most placid, gullible fan base behind him who lap up every word he says like the love sick weirdos they are.

The same fickle bunch who were saying how much they hate him and calling him a disgusting thug when he was at Fleetwood but change their tune completely the second he arrives at their shit excuse for a stadium.

Granted if a bigger club like Preston or Charlton or even Accrington come calling he’ll leave the Sags in a heartbeat but for now he’s got the easiest job in the World. Let’s be honest, they’re probably the only club that would touch him with a shitty stick anyway. 🤣

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The LMA will 100% back any action if it goes that far. His comments make two of their members virtually unemployable in football, certainly as a Manager anyway. I appreciate that Joey is tearing it up at The Theatre of Tents but even as they storm their way through the division I still think those comments are out of order. As ever, the dribblers lap it all up.

I would think it’s actionable and the club could be included as he was talking while in the course of his job.

WAQ must be upset - unless of course he’s already looking for an excuse to sack him without compensation; this could count as gross misconduct, you’d think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

I would think it’s actionable and the club could be included as he was talking while in the course of his job.

WAQ must be upset - unless of course he’s already looking for an excuse to sack him without compensation; this could count as gross misconduct, you’d think.

Not if it's true......

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Then both Managers should have been sacked for gross misconduct, negligence or similar without compensation?

Exactly - he foolishly quoted the parallel of doctors being struck off. That’s not for mediocre performance, it’s for gross misconduct.

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Exactly - he foolishly quoted the parallel of doctors being struck off. That’s not for mediocre performance, it’s for gross misconduct.

He’s a loose cannon and all he’s doing spouting stuff like that is consigning himself, at best, to a career at failing lower league clubs. He’s one of these people who has to say something when nothing will suffice and no “professional” club worth their salt will touch him with a barge pole.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

noooo,not wally ,hes the star of the shit show over there. he deserves to be carried aloft down gloucester rd when they get relegated.

Very true, but if anybody is likely to call him out for being a fraud you would have to think it would be Jailhouse Joey :whistle:

• Like 1

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

I’ve seen nothing in the media but been told about it twice now.

Jesus Christ!

That'll show em! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

Jesus Christ!

Because of social distancing, all one hundred will be staying at home but muttering very loudly.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus Christ!

There will be thousands locked inside too..... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus Christ!

They want the scoreboard sacked because it’s broken. It’s constantly stuck on “GAS 0”

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus Christ!

No chance.

They are the least organised fan base in the world.

They had a fan on the board of directors who was sacked and doesn't appear to have been replaced.

Under Higgs, they had their black and gold protest that amounted to one bloke wearing a scarf despite getting himself on Points West to announce his scheme.

When the ended up non league, I'm sure they demanded a complete review of what went wrong and never got an answer.

Even when things go right for them, like winning a play off game and the club decide to celebrate this by going to Kingswood on a bus with a sunroof, the fans couldn't even organise themselves to turn up.

All that said, it would be classic Fewers if they did turn up on Saturday to protest. Given that the team are playing away on the Friday and the club will likely be closed on Saturday as it's a Bank Holiday weekend.

What do we want?

SOMEONE WE CAN MOAN AT!

When do we want it?

UMM, MAYBE ON MONDAY IF EVERYONE ELSE IS AT HOME TODAY!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hopefully Wigan beat Gillingham this evening. Also great to see Wigan have been taken over and there future secured. Thought they were a goner 

Yep. I`d be happy for Robbie Cundy to have the worst game of his life, put one in his own net and give away a couple of penalties.

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Jesus Christ!

Not fair! Why are they allowed to open their stadium to fans for games?

At least one person on the Rovers forum has some perspective of how bad things are:

“One of our most embarrassing moments was when we found a sponsor for the tent in the corner between the South Tent and the stand where the changing rooms are.We called a press conference and the Club officials and sponsors stood in front of it announcing they were the proud sponsors of our new stand.It's a tent in reality and the publicity shot made me cringe claiming it was a new stand.“

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

At least one person on the Rovers forum has some perspective of how bad things are:

“One of our most embarrassing moments was when we found a sponsor for the tent in the corner between the South Tent and the stand where the changing rooms are.We called a press conference and the Club officials and sponsors stood in front of it announcing they were the proud sponsors of our new stand.It's a tent in reality and the publicity shot made me cringe claiming it was a new stand.“

You can imagine the Blue Hordes screaming "You'll never take the South Tent".........................just as they get engulfed in the thing as a huge gust of wind blows it down.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You can imagine the Blue Hordes screaming "You'll never take the South Tent".........................just as they get engulfed in the thing as a huge gust of wind blows it down.

They'd be screaming for those pig mascots who had a ruck with the Wolves mascot all those year ago.

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread