Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for the hospitality!  At least we've finally been put out of our misery - this season seems to have gone on forever.  I've suffered every game, and will watch the final 3 - it's what we do, isn't it?

Have you got some chewing tobacco handy for Saturday? ;)

• Haha 1

Well I have to say that I genuinely thought the Gas would pull clear when whatshisface Kravat came in. Then they announced he had been sacked barely 3 months after arriving. Then Ballsy Joey arrived and I thought that's a bit left field but ok, maybe they know something I do not and this guy is a fixer. Then I woke up this morning and realised... He most certainly is. 🤭

• Like 2

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for the hospitality!  At least we've finally been put out of our misery - this season seems to have gone on forever.  I've suffered every game, and will watch the final 3 - it's what we do, isn't it?

You must be very jealous about what's happening in BS3 these days. All wonderful here. Absolutely ****ing peachy. Not a cloud in the bleedin' sky.

20 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Highlights from the 20pence phone in....

Sinking Ship...The Titanic

They do put the Tit in Titanic.....

12 hours ago, Rob said:

Came across this from 2011.. Still as true then as it is now

I have to admit I don't find these funny in the slightest.  To be honest I find them disrespectful and in very poor taste indeed.

Don't get me wrong, Hitler was an evil son of a bitch, but even he doesn't deserve to be labelled a Gashead!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Hated sing something simple along with 2 way family favourites on a Sunday lunchtime.

Our generation certainly changed the music scene!

as a kid i had to stay with my grandparents for a while on backwell hill. my grandfather used to sit in front of the radio singing along every sunday evening. he loved when the saints go marching in, was a city fan btw,took me to evening matches when he could. fond memories indeed

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

4 hours ago, Calculus said:

You must be very jealous about what's happening in BS3 these days. All wonderful here. Absolutely ****ing peachy. Not a cloud in the bleedin' sky.

Both clubs would be good subject matter for an Amazon documentary next season.

All or Nothing - A Tale of Two Bristols (aka A Tale of Two Titties)

• Haha 3

Last nights comments from Pearson questioning the players desire etc reminded me of Barton doing the same the night before. 

Whilst I think the current contractual situations of many players is contributing to these god awful performances we're currently seeing, it is sort of a blessing in disguise that no effort will be required to shift them in the summer. 

Joey Barton mentioned the amount of players left from his squad now, that will be in his squad next season will be in single figures. 

This must worry Wael because after looking, only 4 of their squad are OOC. 

I think the cheaper option will be getting rid of JB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Last nights comments from Pearson questioning the players desire etc reminded me of Barton doing the same the night before. 

Whilst I think the current contractual situations of many players is contributing to these god awful performances we're currently seeing, it is sort of a blessing in disguise that no effort will be required to shift them in the summer. 

Joey Barton mentioned the amount of players left from his squad now, that will be in his squad next season will be in single figures. 

This must worry Wael because after looking, only 4 of their squad are OOC. 

I think the cheaper option will be getting rid of JB. 

I thought the same.

They both mentioned what happens when the players cross that white line.

Trouble with our players is that it looks like most of them sniffed it!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Hated sing something simple along with 2 way family favourites on a Sunday lunchtime.

Our generation certainly changed the music scene!

My mum's favourite, all us kids knew all the words. Sat around the wireless, no telly then, listening to dramas like Quatermas and Cabin in the clearing.

My abiding memory of the football results was following a 1958  6-1 opening day win at home to Rotherham the Tuesday night game result was read out.  

Barnsley 4

Bristol City     SEVEN

Then we lost 4-0 away to Sheffield United on the Saturday. Result heard on the trannie whilst bathing in the Pool ( Tropicana ) at W-S-M. Bloody useful them new fangled transistors.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

Both clubs would be good subject matter for an Amazon documentary next season.

All or Nothing - A Tale of Two Bristols (aka A Tale of Two Titties)

Just dont type 'Bristol's moving in opposite directions ' into a search engine......

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

so they can sue him for not doing his job ? or have the 'take everyone to court' mob gone now

Could be quite a lucrative move by Wally.

If he fines Joey 2 weeks wages for each week he doesn't show up, anything over 6 months and KERCHING! PROFIT.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could be quite a lucrative move by Wally.

If he fines Joey 2 weeks wages for each week he doesn't show up, anything over 6 months and KERCHING! PROFIT.

maybe he is a shrewd businessman after all,besides that,the team wont play any worse without him either so its a win win for wally

On 21/04/2021 at 15:44, Bazooka Joe said:

As a consequence of Barton's chewing tobacco revelation I assume the Sags will now also be known as the Fags.

Going down again - such a drag for the Sag Fags !

The Vincent’s? 

Vincent Tabak! 

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

."...............not only listening, but joining in (we hope) with all these songs you know so well."

I tried to sign Cliff Adams once but he ended up in a threesome with Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson