Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's City in Div 4 showing how it should be done

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

 

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

Easy to remember, It's like their "famous Quarterz "  (if that ).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 22A said:

Here's City in Div 4 showing how it should be done

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

 

Brilliant to see that and great memories with Riley, Ritchie, Pritchard, the great Terry Cooper et al.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

That is one of their biggest problems. Their fan base is getting older and it sounds like they struggle to attract new fans.

The cricket, basketball and rugby are probably more appealing to the youth than spending their money at the Mem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is one of their biggest problems. Their fan base is getting older and it sounds like they struggle to attract new fans.

The cricket, basketball and rugby are probably more appealing to the youth than spending their money at the Mem.

Spot on.

Imagine being a young kid nowadays, you see the large, brand new Premier League stadiums on TV. The amazing football skills. The tens of thousands of fans.

And then you get taken to the Mem. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst experiencing the usual aggravation trawling through any article on the Bristol Post website I found the following picture particularly pertinent -

0_TCR_BRI_090521CoffinBRI_02.jpg.30dce2dda98d74893d2fcecfd381114e.jpg

I might be wrong but this CCTV image of the "coffin vandal" looks like the perpetrator isn't exactly in the early stages of youth. They're barely attracting minimal new, fresh support at best. This is just some fat old Sag fart doing his best to try and maintain an appearance of parity between the two clubs.

The gap has never been wider and they know it.

FTG

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Seventeen said:

 I like Wael, you can see he wants to do right by the football club but it’s just not happening for him. 

The delusion still exists. 
I’m sure Wally wants to do right by the club. Yeah, I mean he’s been a loyal, true and ‘prowed’ supporter since his early schooldays in Amman, and of course he was a regular when at university in Boston, Massachusetts. 
Wake up fella. He’s doing right by himself, his own pocket and his own desire to be ‘in’ football. You’ll be a long forgotten blip on his CV is 10 years time. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

If all the gas heads can constantly throw at us is something that happened nearly 40 years ago in 1982, long before many city fans were born (but I guess the blue half havent many fans born since then) it just shows what a pitifull existence they have had since.

The 89/90 division 3 title was the high water mark. They'd need a jet pack to even see it now.

Edited by sephjnr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BS3City said:

Whilst experiencing the usual aggravation trawling through any article on the Bristol Post website I found the following picture particularly pertinent -

0_TCR_BRI_090521CoffinBRI_02.jpg.30dce2dda98d74893d2fcecfd381114e.jpg

I might be wrong but this CCTV image of the "coffin vandal" looks like the perpetrator isn't exactly in the early stages of youth. They're barely attracting minimal new, fresh support at best. This is just some fat old Sag fart doing his best to try and maintain an appearance of parity between the two clubs.

The gap has never been wider and they know it.

FTG

Looks like Joey Barton to me !!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/05/2021 at 21:57, TomF said:

Ah bless look at the comments at the bottom of this article. 1982 this, 1982 that. 
 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/backlash-bristol-rovers-relegation-coffin-5392961

It’s all they’ve got left.  

Same with this one on Facebook....

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work 👍🏻

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2021 at 01:09, 22A said:

Here's City in Div 4 showing how it should be done

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

 

Thanks for posting' Fantastic to see the great Terry Cooper again. Our club owes that man so much.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Same with this one on Facebook....

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work 👍🏻

thought i recognized that coffin from somewhere before ,Mr Windows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2021 at 01:09, 22A said:

Here's City in Div 4 showing how it should be done

In he 31st minute the commentator remarks that City's home attendance over the season "was over 190,000, the envy of some 3rd and 2nd division clubs"

 

Thanks for sharing. Lots of awesome memories there! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the post article claiming this bit of banter has backfired, really?

I would say it had exactly the desired effect and resulted in some bitter and twisted gashead, getting his knickers in such a twist that he's now got to buy more paint to finish off his hallway. And they also describe him as brave, 11.23 pm, in the dark, pub closed and about twenty seconds to pull up and pour. Bet he put wet paint footprints into his car as well.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/05/2021 at 12:18, italian dave said:

Thanks for posting' Fantastic to see the great Terry Cooper again. Our club owes that man so much.

yep cant believe we have'nt named a stand after him ,Terry Coopers Red and white army.

  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone up for a game of spot the difference?

 

 

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/05/2021 at 09:36, Gert Mare said:

Same with this one on Facebook....

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work 👍🏻

"Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up" It has a certain affinity with their cretinus dwindling fan base That made me chuckle 😆 take a bow sir! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

I have absolutely no idea.

Would guess 6,000? About half the stadium.

(I'll see if I can find an answer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Swede said:

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

Well, according to this, just shy of 8,000

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/eng/bristol_memorial_stadium

However, that probably doesn't take in to account a new tent and row M.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/05/2021 at 12:18, italian dave said:

Thanks for posting' Fantastic to see the great Terry Cooper again. Our club owes that man so much.

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - and, I’m gutted that Des Williams’ immense contribution and recognition seem to have been erased with the renaming of ‘his’ stand - I know a guy who is married to his granddaughter and the Williams family is very upset that his name has apparently been ‘dropped’ from our history. 

But, if you put that issue to one side, having four stands named Dolman, Atyeo, Lansdown and Cooper would not be too shabby in terms of reflecting people who seriously influenced the standing of our club ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - 

Why not The Alan Dicks Stand, or even The Harry Thicket Stand, who are the only two managers to get us promoted to the top flight.  In ADs case, I believe he is our longest serving manager.   Harry Thicket took us to a cup final and to a runners up spot in the top flight.  If you’re naming stands on merit, both men seem to be more deserving of recognition IMHO.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone up for a game of spot the difference?

 

“... have secured their place in the stands ...” - Stands? Stands?? Stands??? Stands???? What bl**dy stands?! They’ve got one poxy stand and a load of marquees! Good grief - they do make me smile! 😀😂😜😛😄😅☺️🤣🕺🏻🙄👍😳🍷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - and, I’m gutted that Des Williams’ immense contribution and recognition seem to have been erased with the renaming of ‘his’ stand - I know a guy who is married to his granddaughter and the Williams family is very upset that his name has apparently been ‘dropped’ from our history. 

But, if you put that issue to one side, having four stands named Dolman, Atyeo, Lansdown and Cooper would not be too shabby in terms of reflecting people who seriously influenced the standing of our club ...

Yes, this! He did an incredible job as player and manager (along with Clive Middlemass of course) to get BCFC resuscitated and back on the football map. My favourite City manager. We owe Terry Cooper so much. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“... have secured their place in the stands ...” - Stands? Stands?? Stands??? Stands???? What bl**dy stands?! They’ve got one poxy stand and a load of marquees! Good grief - they do make me smile! 😀😂😜😛😄😅☺️🤣🕺🏻🙄👍😳🍷

Don't forget the fifteen or so steps they call a terrace.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...