Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

1) You said our attendance was lower than Millwall's. I've quoted you a stat from one of the major sport websites in the world that said it isn't. You quoted the Daily Express.  Dear me.

2) You raised the issue of the capacity of our stadium. I pointed out that we are 3rd in our league in terms of filling it. 

Keep trying.

You are 3rd in the league behind the mighty AFC Wimbledon and Northampton, don't quite see how that is an achievement....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

1) You said our attendance was lower than Millwall's. I've quoted you a stat from one of the major sport websites in the world that said it isn't. You quoted the Daily Express.  Dear me.

2) You raised the issue of the capacity of our stadium. I pointed out that we are 3rd in our league in terms of filling it. 

Keep trying.

Just face it you got terrible support . ****** laughing stock :rofl2br:bigger than Norwich :rofl2br:

58 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Keep trying.

Keep nibbling , you know you're my bitch as proven on more than 1 occasion. You usually get pissy and chuck your toys out of your pram .

Point 1 ..national newspaper with professional journalists or website ran by fans of subbuteo.  

Point 2. By your logic Burton are the best supported team in the world, they sell out every week.

Pop your tampon back in poppet and run along .

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Keep nibbling , you know your my bitch as proven on more than 1 occasion. You usually get pissy and chuck your toys out of your pram .

Point 1 ..national newspaper with professional journalists or website ran by fans of subbuteo.  

Point 2. By your logic Burton are the best supported team in the world, they sell out every week.

Pop your tampon back in poppet and run along .

Why does he even come on here.... of course UNLESS he comes after reading the asshole ripping replies....." hurt me, hurt me, hurt me" !:P

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Keep trying.

You carry on clutching at those straws hahaha

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Keep trying.

Clifton St Vincent Reserves got a man and  dog come and watch them play on the Downs every week.  A venue that has zero capacity.  If you divide one (we'll forget the unfortunate dog) by zero you get infinity.  Ergo by your own logic Clifton St Vincent Reserves had an infinitely bigger support than Bristol Rovers.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, B block said:

Can't wait for dopey to leave and they can go back to empoying clowns to manage them

to be fair he's performed miracles there 

I think Stewart would probably get the job if Clarke left. I think we would try and go with continuity rather than picking someone from outside

28 minutes ago, Hello said:

I think Stewart would probably get the job if Clarke left. I think we would try and go with continuity rather than picking someone from outside

or that you don't actually have a pot to piss in and can't afford compensation,

be interesting to see how he got on though

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

And a Rovers hero.

Money or no money, I think Stewy would be the obvious choice to take over and I think a lot of people would like to see him get the chance if it came about

Assistants don't always make the best managers, we know from experience, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, walshys shuffle said:

what if stewart went with clarke to norwich,what then for rovers?

That's a different bridge to cross isn't it. Stewart has said in the past he'd like to be a manager and he might see taking over at Rovers as the next step for him rather than being DC's assistant.

Who knows anything at the end of the day

17 minutes ago, Hello said:

That's a different bridge to cross isn't it. Stewart has said in the past he'd like to be a manager and he might see taking over at Rovers as the next step for him rather than being DC's assistant.

Who knows anything at the end of the day

I think it would be nice, hero or no hero, for Rovers fans to know that their manager is, deep down, a City fan. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We have the 3rd highest attendance as a percentage of capacity in the division.

We are also above Millwall for the average attendance this season.

As you say, the devil's in the detail.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/GB3/saison_id/2016/plus/1

So your ground is small yet you still can't fill it? Mahoosive, absolutely mahoosive!

Point well made by SMAF TBH, better than I could have done, their support is great because they have a crap ground. :trumpet: :trumpet:  :whistle:

If we liken this to the Championship, I would guess we should be cheering Burton from the rafters for their attendances.

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 2

If Dopey is offered the Norwich job he surely has to take it. I think when the Leeds role came up last summer he was possibly sucked in by Wally's claims of wealth. I think reality has sunk in with dopey, and he has reached his peak with rovers. To be fair he has done a decent job there 

2 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

So your ground is small yet you still can't fill it? Mahoosive, absolutely mahoosive!

Point well made by SMAF TBH, better than I could have done, their support is great because they have a crap ground. :trumpet: :trumpet:  :whistle:

If we liken this to the Championship, I would guess we should be cheering Burton from the rafters for their attendances.

Didn't you average 11K and 12K when you were last in League 1? - Just checked, and yep, In fact your average for the past 7 seasons has been 11.5K but here you are beating on like you get 27K every week. 

If we had a shiny new stadium like you, and were playing in the Championship we would get crowds just as "high" as yours.

Congratulations on spending millions upon millions, on players, the stadium and god knows what else, and still being shit.

Edited by Seventeen

6 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you average 11K and 12K when you were last in League 1? - Just checked, and yep, In fact your average for the past 7 seasons has been 11.5K but here you are beating on like you get 27K every week. 

Might be a bit relevant that for one of those seasons in L1 we only had 3 stands. And Bristol Sport didn't even provide us with a replacement tent.

And that "average" for the last 7 seasons appears to be made up. For the last 7 seasons, we've not had a seasonal average below 11,929 so 11.5k is impossible.

Edited by View from the Dolman
  • Like 10

• The title was changed to Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread
  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread