Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

I went there on a wet and cold Tuesday night in February once!  We stuffed them 4-0 in the FA cup (after beating Liverpool in the previous round).  Mark Shail was marking the giant (6ft 8) Kevin Francis.  Francis didn't win a header all night.  Played Charlton in the round after.

I watched the beam back (as we now call it) of that match in the East End where it was projected onto a big white tablecloth!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a period in the 90's where Stockport and Tranmere were consistent rivals of ours in League 1. I always think of that when people (particularly gasheads) say that Lansdowns millions have achieved nothing.

There was a period in the 90's where Rovers were consistent rivals of ours as well..! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Bradford Park Avenue are in Conference North. Both they and Halifax have somehow resurrected in recent times.

Accrington, Bradford PA, Halifax and Newport (plus Bradford rugby league) did all fold. New clubs using the old titles were started by fans who wanted their club back. When Scarborough dropped out of the League, they folded. Three new clubs came into existence called Scarborough as different groups of fans claimed to be the true supporters.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 22A said:

Accrington, Bradford PA, Halifax and Newport (plus Bradford rugby league) did all fold. New clubs using the old titles were started by fans who wanted their club back. When Scarborough dropped out of the League, they folded. Three new clubs came into existence called Scarborough as different groups of fans claimed to be the true supporters.

Because Scarborough clearly has the catchment area for 3 clubs! :blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There was a period in the 90's where Rovers were consistent rivals of ours as well..! 

When I was at school in the 60s the local derbies were usually close with the results likely to go either way. There were exceptions  and I still get nightmares thinking about the time I saw Rovers beat City 4-0 at Eastville. Three nil down after approx 12 minutes! How times have changed 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 22A said:

Accrington, Bradford PA, Halifax and Newport (plus Bradford rugby league) did all fold. New clubs using the old titles were started by fans who wanted their club back. When Scarborough dropped out of the League, they folded. Three new clubs came into existence called Scarborough as different groups of fans claimed to be the true supporters.

I think if we`re talking about clubs that are still technically the same one, not folded and reformed or anything like that it probably is a toss up between York and Stockport for the one that`s fallen the furthest - in `recent` years anyhow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jackofromrugby said:

I have NO Gashead friends.  Well, I don't really have any friends at all, to be fair.  But if I DID have friends, rest assured that none would be ********   ***  ********!

Seems perfectly normal to me Jack.

I have to admit to having 1 long term gashead acquaintance, he's fine until the talk turns to local football, when his ingrained detestation for all things BCFC is so intolerable it outweighs any reasonable qualities he may have.

All these posters with 'gashead friends', very odd, but no doubt they'll grow out of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juan Kerr said:

The best was on the BR special, in 1984. Trevor Morgan equaliser, I think.

Got a feeling it was Tom Ritchie with the goal right in front of us but what a memorable trip to York that was.

I always remember the first City fan to jump off the train started running and shouting 'BRISSSSSSSSSSSSTOLLLLLLLLLLL' and was immediately jumped on by the waiting police and dragged off.

All that way and arrested within seconds of arriving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Coombsy said:
 
Postcode Match: 
 

Your Search Results

Company Name No: Reg Address Select
BRISTOL ROVERS COMMUNITY TRUST 4153673 THE MEMORIAL STADIUM, FILTON AVENUE, AVENUE, BS7 0BF select
BRISTOL ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED 51828 THE MEMORIAL STADIUM, FILTON AVENUE, AVENUE, BS7 0BF select
BRISTOL ROVERS (1883) LIMITED 4501223 THE MEMORIAL STADIUM, FILTON AVENUE, AVENUE, BS7 0BF select
BRISTOL ROVERS (PROMOTIONS) LIMITED 1146904 BRISTOL STADIUM, STAPLETON RD., BRISTOL, BS5 6NW select
BRISTOL ROVERS SUPPORTERS' SOCIETY LIMITED IP29374R

Apologies @Coombsy - but am missing what this is showing ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rich said:

When they broke the news about their new training facility at the colony, they said they'd "acquired it". That to me sounds as if they'd not,  bought it, but, maybe, agreed a lease.

In a later story by the evening post, the reporter (not the club) stated that they had bought it.

The reality is that, although the colony had previously gained planning permission, for training facilities and changing rooms.That wouldn't be anywhere near what is required for an academy. There were also some restrictions on its use, I think it was a timed restriction where the land was not to be used before 6pm during school term time, so, 39 weeks of the year, during normal school hours it couldn't be used. Perhaps they plan to train at night.

Surely nobody in their right mind would buy that land without first getting PP, would they? Is it in the company assets?

Again land registry could confirm, if there's someone with access to the site through work, they could check. I'm not paying, not even for the pleasure of proving a point.

They had the restrictions overturned so they could go ahead. They just need to put in their plans now, but for some reason they have gone into consultation mode again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Got a feeling it was Tom Ritchie with the goal right in front of us but what a memorable trip to York that was.

I always remember the first City fan to jump off the train started running and shouting 'BRISSSSSSSSSSSSTOLLLLLLLLLLL' and was immediately jumped on by the waiting police and dragged off.

All that way and arrested within seconds of arriving.

Fascist bastards!

You are probably right.....I think it was Trevor Morgan`s debut?

Edited by Juan Kerr
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Fascist bastards!

You are probably right.....I think it was Trevor Morgan`s debut?

That game and Morgan's signing happened in the same month - March '84 - so you could well be right Juan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I went there on a wet and cold Tuesday night in February once!  We stuffed them 4-0 in the FA cup (after beating Liverpool in the previous round).  Mark Shail was marking the giant (6ft 8) Kevin Francis.  Francis didn't win a header all night.  Played Charlton in the round after.

Went to that one. Car got stolen. Took about 10 hours to get back to Knowle. Worth it though

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Went to that one. Car got stolen. Took about 10 hours to get back to Knowle. Worth it though

I went to that one and I'm sure it was Rosenior who osman pulled a masterstroke with by putting probably the best header of a ball I have seen at city even though not being 6ft to centre back and he headed everything that went to Francis.

 

Or did I dream that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I went there on a wet and cold Tuesday night in February once!  We stuffed them 4-0 in the FA cup (after beating Liverpool in the previous round).  Mark Shail was marking the giant (6ft 8) Kevin Francis.  Francis didn't win a header all night.  Played Charlton in the round after.

The infamous 1-1 Scott Minto match, when we would have played against Man Utd. had we won - which we should have!  :grr:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally quoted in the Post saying that none of his players are for sale and there won't be anyone leaving today.

Hopefully this will provide more hilarity as they've not done something stupid for a couple of days.

Bodin is off to Cardiff then. Guaranteed now he's said that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally quoted in the Post saying that none of his players are for sale and there won't be anyone leaving today.

Hopefully this will provide more hilarity as they've not done something stupid for a couple of days.

I remember when he mocked us on twitter. For paying 300k for Taylor. Acting as if they didn't need the money. Hope someone buys their star player. But if they don't . Expect a shoulder carry down Gloucester rd . ******* 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRL said:

I went to that one and I'm sure it was Rosenior who osman pulled a masterstroke with by putting probably the best header of a ball I have seen at city even though not being 6ft to centre back and he headed everything that went to Francis.

 

Or did I dream that?

I think the amount he headed the ball in that game, goes some way to explaining the content of many of his articles in The Post.!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Got a feeling it was Tom Ritchie with the goal right in front of us but what a memorable trip to York that was.

I always remember the first City fan to jump off the train started running and shouting 'BRISSSSSSSSSSSSTOLLLLLLLLLLL' and was immediately jumped on by the waiting police and dragged off.

All that way and arrested within seconds of arriving.

Beryl - putting on trains, keeping us all in line, making the cheese and onion rolls - those were the days. If you are now aged 45 to 60 odd. If I owned Bristol City now, I would be putting on trains to selected away games (I can't think why SL doesn't do/feel the same :whistle:) I'd even make the cheese and onion rolls (although I might soften the onion a little first).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Beryl - putting on trains, keeping us all in line, making the cheese and onion rolls - those were the days. If you are now aged 45 to 60 odd. If I owned Bristol City now, I would be putting on trains to selected away games (I can't think why SL doesn't do/feel the same :whistle:) I'd even make the cheese and onion rolls (although I might soften the onion a little first).

Just another example of how football fans have gone soft these days. Those onions made us a force to be reckoned with back in the old days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Apologies @Coombsy - but am missing what this is showing ???

 

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

It's the links to company house shows the finance from the club 

He is also director of :

 

FILTON AVENUE GUARANTEE COMPANY LIMITED (06912935)

and

FILTON AVENUE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED (06828864)

not to mention the more secretive Dwane Sports Ltd and Dwane Colony Ltd in  the Jersey offshore accommodation address offices

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TomF changed the title to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...