IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This was very interesting reaidng from gasincider:

So maybe the takeover has already happened with Higgs selling a 36% stake.

Hope the buyer wasn't Steve Lansdown.

One person is not allowed to own a stake in more than any one football club in this country and hasn't been since Robert Maxwell owned Oxford and Derby back in the 80's 

• Admin
1 hour ago, bert tann said:

This could mean the new investor has taken up a minority shareholding and could be outvoted by the current board and Geoffrey Dunford who will between them control 51% of the issued shares unless new shares have been issued.

If true it seems safe to assume the new investor is more likely to be an independent businessman rather than HH Prince Ali of Jordan himself and, having identified the undoubted business acumen of Nicholas and his colleagues, this person wishes them to remain in charge and look after his investment.    

There are rather a lot of these types of people in the Middle East and most of them don't wear the kind of vests you find at Marks & Spencer.

I am led to believe that the board of BRFC received an email from a Nigerian Princess, she has a fortune just waiting to be ploughed into a shabby, ragbag outfit.  To enable the funds to be brought into the country, board members had to gift her no small quantity of shares and the clubs bank account details for her to transfer the sum of $300M dollars.  Once this was done, she would give favours to the requisite officials to ease her passage to the UK and reclaim her money, leaving Piggs to see that she was a 18 stone transvestite all along, who was just after a visa for the UK.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I am led to believe that the board of BRFC received an email from a Nigerian Princess, she has a fortune just waiting to be ploughed into a shabby, ragbag outfit.  To enable the funds to be brought into the country, board members had to gift her no small quantity of shares and the clubs bank account details for her to transfer the sum of $300M dollars.  Once this was done, she would give favours to the requisite officials to ease her passage to the UK and reclaim her money, leaving Piggs to see that she was a 18 stone transvestite all along, who was just after a visa for the UK.

I had one like that and am just waiting for the paperwork to arrive that confirms I now own 80% of the Nigerian oil industry. I`ve used my life savings and I`ve remortgaged my house to pay the processing fees but I reckon it will be worth it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had one like that and am just waiting for the paperwork to arrive that confirms I now own 80% of the Nigerian oil industry. I`ve used my life savings and I`ve remortgaged my house to pay the processing fees but I reckon it will be worth it.

Would you like to add an investment in Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd to your portaloo ?

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hmm, maybe I missed a trick, I did receive a similar email myself several weeks ago, I screenshot it and put it on FB, quite a few of my 'friends' urged me to comply and send the requested processing fee and bank account details, I was a little busy at work and forgot, seems I may have wasted a huge opportunity............

• Admin
25 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Would you like to add an investment in Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd to your portaloo ?

I found a small cloth bag in the loft, it has a couple of Victorian pennies in it, a farthing, a thrupenny bit, a silver sixpence and a couple of French coins.  Not sure of the value, but I'd happily donate them to ensure the gift keeps giving for a few more days.......

40 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Sorry Bert, I`m only interested in genuine investments that will provide me with a good low risk return so it`s the Nigerians I`m afraid. I will of course alert Nicholas to any other similar investment opportunities that I should happen to hear about so he can clean up too. 

He could of course send out e-mails along similar lines in his own right as a solution to the club`s financing problems - lets face it, it`s the only thing he`s not tried yet!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think you've been conned. You can't own 80% of the Nigerian oil industry as I've already bought the shares. They amount to, 65% from the crown Prince, 25% from the crown Princess and the other 7.5% from the crown post office of Nigeria. Double check who the email was from as I've already got the share certificates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think you've been conned. You can't own 80% of the Nigerian oil industry as I've already bought the shares. They amount to, 65% from the crown Prince, 25% from the crown Princess and the other 7.5% from the crown post office of Nigeria. Double check who the email was from as I've already got the share certificates.

Huh! Sez you! My communication is from the desk of Mr Sunday Okobe who is the Minister for Oil and Other Stuff and I think you`ll find he is beyond reproach. If my documents were from so called `royalty` I`d be very suspicious.

I think it`s you who`s fallen for the oldest trick in the book mate - I`ll give you a wave from my private helicopter which will be bringing me to Ashton Gate in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Huh! Sez you! My communication is from the desk of Mr Sunday Okobe who is the Minister for Oil and Other Stuff and I think you`ll find he is beyond reproach. If my documents were from so called `royalty` I`d be very suspicious.

I think it`s you who`s fallen for the oldest trick in the book mate - I`ll give you a wave from my private helicopter which will be bringing me to Ashton Gate in the not too distant future.

Pha! Your helicopter won't have any oil, as I'll have it all. They sent me a sample with the share certificates. Admittedly, it was a little runny and a funny shade of yellow but, hey, a sample's a sample. I think it was crude oil.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

Damn you Rich, it looks like I may have been had after all. Still, I`m sure the bailiffs will be sympathetic to my plight and understand that anyone could have fallen for such a sophisticated ruse.

I shall be writing a very strong letter to Mr Okobe demanding an explanation as I`m sure he will be as surprised as I am at this alarming turn of events.

As I am now a wealthy oil baron, I am willing to fund your court costs against Mr Okobe should you decide to take the matter further. Just send me your bank details and I'll deposit enough money into your account  for your expenses as well. PS. don't send them in an open reply, PM me the details so nobody can see them and exploit you.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Some people have all the luck.

"Once we win our legal battle with Sainsbury's we will be able to resolve all of those positions and return the to an even keel and go on and build our new stadium".

Eggs in one basket springs to mind,or in their case basket case.

• Like 1

Rovers Takeaway Latest.............. Events took an unexpected twist this afternoon but, speaking from Winford Orthopaedic Hospital, Chairman Nicholas Higgs said it was simply a typing error and he expected to be up and about within a few days. Meanwhile a no fly zone has been imposed over central Jordan and the Golan Heights but this is not expected to impact local businessmen taking the p*ss because most of them wear thobes. However, as a precaution, householders in the Horfield and Bishopston areas are being advised to stay indoors with their windows and doors closed in case there is a gas leak. So, with news that work is expected to start as early as April it's back to Peter O'Hanraha-handjob in the UWE erection special studio, over to you Peter.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Rovers Takeaway Latest.............. Events took an unexpected twist this afternoon but, speaking from Winford Orthopaedic Hospital, Chairman Nicholas Higgs said it was simply a typing error and he expected to be up and about within a few days. Meanwhile a no fly zone has been imposed over central Jordan and the Golan Heights but this is not expected to impact local businessmen taking the p*ss because most of them wear thobes. However, as a precaution, householders in the Horfield and Bishopston areas are being advised to stay indoors with their windows and doors closed in case there is a gas leak. So, with news that work is expected to start as early as April it's back to Peter O'Hanraha-handjob in the UWE erection special studio, over to you Peter.

This thread is so boring it's getting irritating!

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

"Once we win our legal battle with Sainsbury's we will be able to resolve all of those positions and return the to an even keel and go on and build our new stadium".

Eggs in one basket springs to mind,or in their case basket case.

The 15ers  have more chance of winning the lottery than beating Sainsburys!! Odds are now 45 million to 1

On 16 February 2016 at 21:30, Rich said:

Are they all IN CAPITALS?