IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Colin :shocking:

He's not looking for a long term gig.  Relegation firefighter is his calling now; 9 months a year off and then come in for March, April and May and pick up a nice sum for keeping someone up.

However, Harry Redknapp, that's one I could definitely see - if dopey goes. 

14 minutes ago, Hello said:

viable replacements for who? Clarke at Rovers?

if Clarke got the Leeds job (I think he would be mad to take it, as I think a better opportunity will come his way) I reckon he would recommend Mikey Harris.

Or maybe Marcus Stewart will take over

Really? Surely these "wealthy" owners would want a bigger name than Marcus Stewart!

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

Stewy would be a 'cheap' internal move but in this case a might be about continuity and keeping the squad together. An outsider coming in might upset things

also why I say Clarke might recommend Mikey Harris who followed Clarke at Sailsbury. He is at Pompey as U18 coach at the moment, but perhaps would want the move and again maybe more a continuity appointment

Probably your best bet in all honesty - assuming that your happy to consolidate for a season and not continue the march to Prem and European glory. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Post reporting a formal offer made to talk to Clark.

He's done a fantastic job, deserves a chance higher up, but I can't help but think Leeds is a huge mistake.

Whilst I don't like the bloke; I agree, particularly when you bear in mind the imbeciles he was working for under Piggs' tenure.

He comes across as his own man, and I think the Leeds fans would identify with this, as somebody who would stand up to Cellino when the going gets tough (as it surely will, if this move takes place ?).

Some classics on their forum.

Apparently DC wouldn't go to Leeds for the money.....

Quite agree, if I had spent my life in the lower echelons of the football pyramid I would be sure that the salary Salisbury paid me would leave me financial secure for the rest of my life, before I was able to add to my property portfolio by being Rovers assistant manager and then being their non league manager would have just meant spare car for my ever growing Faberge egg collection.

Bloke would be doing well if he ever earned 50k in a given year.

• Like 1

Interesting to see if he does go where that'll leave them.

Would imagine Dopey would have got more from the side with less investment than a new manager will, but if the squad is already heavy with non league players following the decision to offer them all new deals, could take several transfer windows for someone to build a squad they are happy with.

Assuming of course that Wally has any money.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Interesting to see if he does go where that'll leave them.

Would imagine Dopey would have got more from the side with less investment than a new manager will, but if the squad is already heavy with non league players following the decision to offer them all new deals, could take several transfer windows for someone to build a squad they are happy with.

Assuming of course that Wally has any money.

Singing players from non league doesn't mean they are non league. They proved this season they're amongst the best in league two. Whether they can step up or not is a different matter, I'm sure some will with ease and others will struggle. Just because everyone is being offered a contract doesn't mean it's on better terms than their current one and I'm sure some will turn it down and leave like we saw with Balanta and Monkhouse last season. 

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

If he gets it, all we will hear from the blue few is how they are "prowed" of him and not in any way gutted that he bailed at the first opportunity.

Not too may viable replacements around right now.

Replacement for Clarke?  It's obvious - John Terry as player manager with Ryan Giggs as first team coach. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Singing players from non league doesn't mean they are non league. They proved this season they're amongst the best in league two. Whether they can step up or not is a different matter, I'm sure some will with ease and others will struggle. Just because everyone is being offered a contract doesn't mean it's on better terms than their current one and I'm sure some will turn it down and leave like we saw with Balanta and Monkhouse last season. 

What, like Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle...

• Like 3