IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, RedRoss said:

If this violence is anything to do with football. What a stupid embarrassment from both sides. 

Grown men fighting over a football club has always cringed me out. 

Completely agree, but like @Bar BS3 says there is no mention of it being football related. 

8 minutes ago, daored said:

Completely agree, but like @Bar BS3 says there is no mention of it being football related. 

‘On a hot night in Bristol some testosterone-fuelled idiots confirmed they can’t hold their drink by brawling in the street’ doesn’t make for much of a story though.

11 hours ago, RedRoss said:

If this violence is anything to do with football. What a stupid embarrassment from both sides. 

Grown men fighting over a football club has always cringed me out. 

And trying to justify it and revel in the glory of it is just as bad, worse probably.

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So no mention of it even being. Football related, let alone City v Rovers. 

7 hours ago, daored said:

5 hours ago, Super said:

So where did the city-rovers link come from?

Definitely City v Rovers related, though the Post story will obvs not say that as they prob wouldn’t know at that time. 

However, pretty easy to see from the video who’s involved. There’s a photo of 40 gas outside the White Hart at top of Park Row. The fight is outside the Cooler on Park Street. The earlier gas photo can easily be checked vs the video and you can recognise many of them. You don’t see many of the City faces on the vid but you do hear the CSF chanted, therefore very easy to summise this was City v Rovers. 

Many of the gas lads will be easily recognisable from the video (I can name 5 of them) so I’d guess a few bans will be dished out. Plus the couple in A&E will be identified! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Definitely City v Rovers related, though the Post story will obvs not say that as they prob wouldn’t know at that time. 

However, pretty easy to see from the video who’s involved. There’s a photo of 40 gas outside the White Hart at top of Park Row. The fight is outside the Cooler on Park Street. The earlier gas photo can easily be checked vs the video and you can recognise many of them. You don’t see many of the City faces on the vid but you do hear the CSF chanted, therefore very easy to summise this was City v Rovers. 

Many of the gas lads will be easily recognisable from the video (I can name 5 of them) so I’d guess a few bans will be dished out. Plus the couple in A&E will be identified! 

Any idea how it all come about?

If you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows - if you go looking for it - Gas scum got what they deserved. God I hate them!

Out of our league in more ways than one! A few early am door knocks to come for them also! 

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, harrys said:

Any idea how it all come about?

I’d have thought that was obvious. 

The City lads were jealous of Rovers’ incredible wealth, their surge towards the premier league and envious of the UWE stadium project. 

We (they) had nothing to reply to in the face of their gloating, so they gave them a slap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d have thought that was obvious. 

The City lads were jealous of Rovers’ incredible wealth, their surge towards the premier league and envious of the UWE stadium project. 

We (they) had nothing to reply to in the face of their gloating, so they gave them a slap. 

Thought as much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

40 gas fans? So their entire home crowd? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry said:

However, pretty easy to see from the video who’s involved. There’s a photo of 40 gas outside the White Hart at top of Park Row.

Where's the Vid/photos Harry ? All I can find on the Post site is the first basic report.

Update

there were 6 males arrested on the night, they have been released under investigation for further enquiries and collection of evidence.

this disorder was in relation to football violence between Bristol city  and Bristol rovers “ fans” .

there is clear and indisputable evidence that is the case.

enquires are ongoing 

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2018 at 15:18, SimonR said:

Whoever is making their kit these days it has looked really cheap and crappy for the last three years, I mean even by their standards obviously. Last seasons kit looked like it came from a sunday league pub team.

Never forget this abomination ....with the world renowned sponsor ‘Snack Box’ as well....I remember Danny Baker ridiculing it saying they are the only club sponsored by the refreshment van in the corner of the ‘stadium’!

20C69EC4-272D-4B76-BEC5-5CBD04116BAD.jpeg

32 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Whenever I read a reference to "males" from our PC colleague, it strikes up an image of David Attenborough whispering at the camera while creeping through the undergrowth and gawking at some chimps or something. I presume she is referring to male human personages?

Yes I am! That has made me laugh though