IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Good grief that is one tinfoil hat conspiracy theory right there.

I do like that they deserve to be a Championship or Prom side because of the size of Bristol, and that they should follow the likes of Cardiff and Brighton. Not sure if he realises that they 

Fair enough, I'm sure they could rent the Withdean for a few years !

Interesting comparison between themselves, St Pauli in Hamburg and Union Berlin. Both of the German clubs have redeveloped stadiums, nothing like the dump in BS7.

They want to do a 'Cardiff or Brighton', both of those are in 1 club cities and Brighton paid £93M to build the Amex while Cardiff sold their original stadium site to developers to fund their part of the CCS but, I repeat, they're in a 1 club city. R*vers are up to their eyes in debt to the value of the site so that's not an option.  IF the muppets in BS7 had the funding (clearly they don't have a penny to scratch their arses with), they would get a stadium at some point. If they want something for nothing from the council, yes, we will ask for the same amount of money as we live in a 2 club (for now at least :) ) city and the council have to be seen to be fair to both. 

Always the victim that lot and want something handed to them for nothing. The rest of the world pays their way but not them. Always everybody elses (our) fault.

Finances are always overlooked on their forums, they can't afford a new stadium, simples! 

Sod them! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So let me get this straight, some rovers fans think SL is corrupt and is preventing them having UWE. So its ok when rovers tried to steal our stadium of us like they did with the rugby. Dopey fecks!

Yep. SL, even though he has a multi Billion £ business empire plus a successful multi Million £ sporting company to run, spends all his time worrying about what a crappy little team at the bottom of the 3rd tier, in a crap stadium with falling crowds, that are all getting old, is doing, all because he was turned down 40 years ago when he offered to invest.

Seems credible! ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yep. SL, even though he has a multi Billion £ business empire plus a successful multi Million £ sporting company to run, spends all his time worrying about what a crappy little team at the bottom of the 3rd tier, in a crap stadium with falling crowds, that are all getting old, is doing, all because he was turned down 40 years ago when he offered to invest.

Seems credible! ?

I believe the term used for such credibility in the Oxford Dictionary is #gaslogic.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just read that thread. If you ever needed anymore proof that they are the most deluded paranoid bunch of morons in football. It’s concreted right in that thread 

Just because they're paranoid it doesn't mean that we're not out to get them.

Perhaps it's true that SL does have a cunning plan to shut them down.  Wouldn't that be lovely.

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Perhaps it's true that SL does have a cunning plan to shut them down.  Wouldn't that be lovely.

Agent Wael? :whistle:

In all seriousness, we would be better off if they did go 'pop'. The party might leave a fair few of us needing medical treatment though. ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Where have you been posting CM? Surely not on their forum?

No mate. Just the details of the winning streak. No mention of the Sags whatsoever. I might has well had urinated on and then burnt a Rovers shirt. Can’t mention City at all without them steaming in. Would have understood it better had I said “Haha **** Off Gas”, but I never mentioned them at all. You know what they are like though? Dishing it out when they win a game and we lose, but as soon as we post one thing positive about our club they’re off. They have a completely different mentality altogether. 

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

No mate. Just the details of the winning streak. No mention of the Sags whatsoever. I might has well had urinated on and then burnt a Rovers shirt. Can’t mention City at all without them steaming in. Would have understood it better had I said “Haha **** Off Gas”, but I never mentioned them at all. You know what they are like though? Dishing it out when they win a game and we lose, but as soon as we post one thing positive about our club they’re off. They have a completely different mentality altogether. 

You would have thought they would shut up given how well we're going wouldn't you? 

Their level of delusion is insane. Maybe you’re just shit?

If Wael and his cronies had been covertly placed in charge of our club in order to deliberately sabotage and destroy us he wouldn't be doing things much differently than he is doing now. He raised fans expectations with a pack of lies,consistently sold our best players without replacing them, allowed us to function for several seasons without a real striker and that situation looks as though its about to continue with the transfer window closing tonight,and allowed one of the best managers in lower league football to leave. I know it has been joked about but I wouldn't completely rule out Lansdown being involved what else could explain their inexplicable behaviour.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8020/uwe-stadium?page=2#ixzz5fPoyo5vi

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

WOW :facepalm:

I see this belter still hasn't realised that it was his own tinpot outfit that pulled the plug on UWE not the other way around?

I know, it's great isn't it.

They had a deal despite the 'enemy' being part of the discussions, but clearly this is corrupt.

Won't be long until they claim the council are responsible, even though they have never turned down any application they have made for redevelopment.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You would have thought they would shut up given how well we're going wouldn't you? 

They are getting 2008itis I think? The very thought of the bankrupt 82ers possibly reaching the Premier League is a step too far. They must be feeling sick to the pit of their stomachs already and you can notice the colour draining from their faces everywhere. You can see the fear setting in as it did back then. I think going up would be the final straw for many Sags and they’ll have a TOTEal meltdown. They’ll turn on Wally and they will start getting funny with Ted’s entirely without any provocation whatsoever. But then, come the beginning of the following season they’ll all be chirping and be putting their money on us being relegated, they will love every second of it and will be posting all kinds of jibes. They’ll have new hero’s like Aguero to invite to their annual 2nd May reunion parties where they all get their ageing tote ends out for a mutual tug.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

UWE_Stadium_Bristol_Rovers_Independent_Fans_Forum_-_2019-02-13_00.10.33.png

Rovers Independent forum.

To be fair, I see that Bamber Gasgroin replied :

Well, you called out what you perceive as a conflict of interests, I countered by pointing out that whilst your 'Plant' was still in place an agreement was reached between Higgs and UWE, that agreement was acceptable as a basis for our present owners to purchase the club, so I'm struggling to see what your point is?

Taylor himself is a side show, but it shows where we are when removing a player who barely makes their bench is enough to scupper us completely.

We can challenge what's happening in BS3, all it takes is vision and investment. You can't spend your entire life blaming other people for your own failure, or maybe you can....

Followed up by PHilton :

I’m with you Bamber. Higgs was comfortable with his business partners so not sure what the objection is now?

Our new friend, or maybe not so new, wants somebody to take up his gauntlet but that’s not the way it works here. You either stop dropping hints and tell the whole story or you are wasting your time.

Watola always told the board that Bristol Rugby wouldn’t be missed very much in terms of finanace. Rovers couldn’t afford to finance the women’s team so it was salvaged by Filton College. A previous board pissed off Filton College which allowed Bristol City to jump in and attach their Academy there and subsequently take over the women’s team.

All I See is us screwing it up and City taking advantage.

Worryingly rational Gassers there...

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

So if Bristol sport only bought Taylor to stop them getting promoted and Went to meetings to stop the UWE stadium happening and they have in actual fact got money because Hamer said it wasn’t an issue....what’s the excuse for not completing the training ground? 

"We would have had the training ground but Bristol Sport bought up all of the grass seeds and so we can't plant any"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unan said:

Their level of delusion is insane. Maybe you’re just shit?

If Wael and his cronies had been covertly placed in charge of our club in order to deliberately sabotage and destroy us he wouldn't be doing things much differently than he is doing now. He raised fans expectations with a pack of lies,consistently sold our best players without replacing them, allowed us to function for several seasons without a real striker and that situation looks as though its about to continue with the transfer window closing tonight,and allowed one of the best managers in lower league football to leave. I know it has been joked about but I wouldn't completely rule out Lansdown being involved what else could explain their inexplicable behaviour.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8020/uwe-stadium?page=2#ixzz5fPoyo5vi

They really, really love a conspiracy theory don't they? Wouldn't be a surprise if the Fewers believed the earth is flat....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Me too buster i used to play for raleigh sports in the fed leauge.

Hartcliffes manager then was a real gent called Bob berkshire.

He also used to pick the federation of boys clubs side.

I played for Dave Lea at Raleigh too mate. Remember the Fed League well. I got picked for Fed side once but was inable to play. My Raleigh years were 1987 to 1990. I played in one Federation Cup Final against Hartcliffe

24 minutes ago, Malago said:

Would love that to be true, but more than likely just plain old paranoia.  

Now if I had SL's money it wouldn't bother me to buy them out, bleed them dry then kick them out, then restore the land to playing fields for local people, ensuring that no gypsies can access the land, whilst ensuring that there was caveat on the deeds that Nothing bigger than a potting shed could ever be built on said land.

54 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So let me get this straight, some rovers fans think SL is corrupt and is preventing them having UWE. So its ok when rovers tried to steal our stadium of us like they did with the rugby. Dopey fecks!

If they aren't blaming us fans it's our bloody owner! TAKE SOME BLOODY RESPONSIBILITY!

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Agent Wael? :whistle:

In all seriousness, we would be better off if they did go 'pop'. The party might leave a fair few of us needing medical treatment though. ?

Haven’t drunk myself into a comatose state for many years, the day they go bust and end up in the lower echelons of nonleague could well be the next time ????

• Like 2