IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Are we not better than asschat?

@Miah Dennehy is a good and welcome poster and certainly makes me laugh with his self-deprecating posts touched with humour when they are doing alright. 

@bodin also he doesn’t stop short of admitting their shortcomings, he’s bloody volunteered them. He talks about run under coughlin no more than we talk about our winning/unbeaten run under LJ a few weeks back. 

Sorry, not sorry, this will be unpopular but it’s bloody embarrassing the reception these guys are getting. They aren’t idiotic posters or magnanimous, they seem good guys. You all want to moan about reception on ‘aaschat’ but give these guys pelters. @bodin even said bath city have a better ground, he’s not here giving it the big ‘un. I think he does overstate ‘deserve’ a tinge but we all look at our own with Rose-tinted. 

I ain’t driving them to Wembley - cheers Sunderland - but don’t drive them away and then say ‘oh but we can’t talk on asschat’ and then claim some my farts don’t stink attitude. 

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

Overheard a sag in the pub last night, saying that if they could get Banksy to do his thing on their stands they could make enough to fund a new stadium. I had to put him straight. I said you're talking shite.

Everybody knows that Banksy doesn't paint on Canvas. 

.....and he ain’t a gashead either....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bodin said:

It’s simple business, why would Duane Sports want to keep hold on a slowly deteriorating asset....

You came on here, strutted about like you owned the place whilst obviously taking great delight in correcting people on their spelling - then you post ‘Duane Sports’.....good grief....even us ‘teds know it’s Dwane Sports - a company registered in the Channel Islands - which makes a mockery of your fans’ pathetic ‘tax dodger’ insults aimed at Steve Lansdown, a local guy who has contributed more to Bristol, and the local economy, than your entire fanbase added together....perhaps it’s time you just buggered off....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

12 hours ago, bodin said:

The difference is i've used our form since Coughlan took over. Whereas Johnson has been at City for years and you've picked and chosen. You've also got a history under Johnson of poor spells in the second half of the season. The whole point is I don't think we need a club rebuild we just need a few players here and there, and there will be players of good quality available for limited funds, whether that be free agents, non-league stars of perhaps loanees. The infrastructure is obviously a problem but it's only a matter of time until the Al Qadis are forced out. They seem to have a great squad and with players like Nathan Ake and David Brooks in their team they could reap high profits in the future on some of their players, hell, Chelsea were willing to bid £50m for Wilson apparently before they went for Higuain. I have some mates who are City fans and we talk about performances and what not.  To take it back a few years I remember us getting in a lot of loan players in our first season in League 1. Particularly, Chelsea duo Charlie Colkett and Jake Clarke-Salter. Colkett was a great young player, seem to remember in the Chelsea youth team he was the main player that used to assist Tammy, but he struggled for game time so went back in January. Clarke-Salter was injured the majority of the time and when he finally played he was awful, got turned inside out by Lee Gregory. Somehow he's managed the eredivisie.  The ground is awful, especially the pitch last season which was atrocious. But in all honesty we always seem to have a good atmosphere, well whenever I go at least. Of course that might be mocked by City fans but I think it's true, although not a testament to our supporters really, more down to the standing conditions. But there's plenty of fans who are following clubs who are performing much better in League 1 who have awful fans. Fleetwood springs to mind. I think in the short term the quality in our squad (you may point to our position but that was down to the lack of quality in one area), might save us for a next couple of seasons. But in the long term I am worried, although I don't think we'll be competing at the bottom of League 2 anytime soon, in my opinion. No problem mate, always happy to help. But hit me up next time you want to have an actual footballing debate rather than going "argh his a gazhed yur shite." That's completely different though, firstly Nottingham Forest have won 2 European Cups, something Notts County won't ever achieve, and secondly I don't think we've got the potential to be the biggest in our city. "Ipswich are understood to be paying an initial fee of £750,000, rising to £1m with bonuses." How is losing to a non-league teams more of a justification of where our club should be or deserves to be more than the size of our fanbase? The lack of quality of a team isn't a justification of where a team deserves to be. Donca ster, who although high in the league have lost to Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in recent weeks, and when we play them they'll probably be 7 without a win given they lose to Blackpool tomorrow. Even Bat h have a ground we can only dream of at this ra te. Where did I take anything out of context? I didn't say it so what's the point, there's plenty of football fans from all clubs who are uneducated on things other than their club. No No and I haven't implied anything differently. It's simple business, why would Duane Sports want to keep hold on a slowly deteriorating asset. They were hoping we'd get UWE and go up in value but now that won't happen why wouldn't they sell. I don't mean "forced out by the fans," I mean it won't be long before they want to get rid of Rovers.  I've only ever heard two songs about Bristol City at the Mem, "if you all hate Bristol City clap your hands." And "we're coming for you." Which I heard once when we went up. There's plenty of songs, but even if there weren't how would you know? Or do you visit the Mem frequently? Our atmosphere is nowhere near that of most Championship clubs and I haven't denied as such, but going up to grounds like Coventry and Fleetwood, two stadiums with awful atmospheres, makes me think subjectively that Rovers' atmosphere is good. And by good, I mean mid-table League 1. I'm not going "da mem is like camp nou" which is what you're implying I'm saying. I literally haven't said any different, you're a much better run, bigger, better supported and more backed club than us and I haven't said any different.  There are a lot of good players in Non-League, i'm not talking about 30 year old Billy Bricknell at Chelmsford, I'm talking about players that were let go maybe a bit too early by top Prem clubs who were signed at non-league level and have made their way up. Look at even us at an example, Taylor was non-league, Bodin was released by Northampton who were mid-table League 2. That's two examples, but there's young players in non-league who more than show that they're worthy of a step up. Sign a couple players and hope we can unearth a gem. That's because Tammy was liter ally Chelsea's best young player, why wouldn't they? Sweeney and Telford both performed, so did Bola. Hell, not even the Prem is needed to be honest. Lumley and Bonham were both outstanding signings from the Championship on loan. I'm not, I haven't denied my club in the long-term is in a state, but our quality is much better than our league position makes out for imo. If Clarke-Harris keeps performing we'll be fine, and I can't see any reason why not. I t is but i'm actually quite surprised at how well Rotherham has done, I know they're in the relegation zone but last season they definitely didn't deserve to go up from the 46 game season. I think most predicted them to finish rock bottom. Have I said once we're a big club? I didn't say we had a divine right, but usually bigger crowds means more revenue which means more money to spend which means more quality. Of course no one has an inherent right to it, but all it shows is our board is ineffective and can't do their job. We can't sell out, but yet only 5 clubs in the league given average attendances could. We have a mid-table League 1 fanbase, average attendances show that. Our crowds really aren't terrible for a city as big as Bristol, I can't think of one team who share a city with as big a quality gap as City and Rovers have and the lower team isn't miles off in terms of popularity. Can you? Have I implied likewise? Genuinely look anywhere, have I implied whatsoever that City aren't miles ahead of Rovers? Also McGeady really isn't shit at Championship level, he was great at Preston and Sunderland Championship-level. Ipswich are going down and he'll likely play a lot more given he's a League One level striker, so we'll receive the bonuses then? You're using a couple of FA Cup upsets to justify that our club should be much lower than it is, which makes no sense. Every club has FA Cup upsets, when Chelsea lost to Bradford did they deserve to be in League 1? The fact is FA Cup upsets occur because they're still professional footballers and with enough passion they can beat teams that field weakened sides. But consistently they can't, hence why they're so poor. Any team can lose to any team because it's 11 v 11. City lost to Wigan last season ffs

Dear Mr Bodin

Sorry to disappoint you but looking at the content of your last few emails, there is absolutely nothing there that is likely to make you an "OTIB Gashead Legend"

On the other hand, a few well chosen words from Jake's Dad a few years ago and his name will live on for years to come and he has become a Gift Spunker extraordinaire ....

jakesdad.thumb.jpg.0a2488a4ac8fae4c51d6b29108303af4.jpg

Can you see where you are going wrong now?

In my opinion, this is what the Dustbin Thread is intended for, so maybe if you could try just a little bit harder .....

• Haha 1

On 10/03/2019 at 21:07, bodin said:

Point 1: Coughlan has been in charge of Rovers for 14 games, with a record of 6 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. Based on points per game that was enough to get 5th in League 1 last season. I think it's fair to say that's long enough to judge that a honeymoon period hasn't taken place. 

Point 2: Holmes-Dennis. A left-back who replaced Lee Brown, he was Championship standard and was a regular for Huddersfield when they went up. But with injuries and new left-backs he was loaned out to Portsmouth, where he played 1 game and got injured for the season. So he got sold to Rovers in the summer, Rovers were quite smart (for once) to make the fee dependent on appearances, so if he got injured they'd have only played pennies. And honestly, since he's come into the team he's been phenomenal. Quality wise, he's too good for Rovers. I don't think he's worth £10m obviously, but the issue with Taylor and Bodin were Taylor had a release clause and Bodin's contract was very short. Holmes-Dennis has a long contract, the same applies with Jonson Clarke-Harris, I think he's a great player. 5 goals in 6 games since we signed him. Very similar style-wise to Jason Roberts. For the record, having kept track of the most promising young players in England for quite a while, I think exactly the same for Jay DaSilva for you. He'll reap a lot of profit in the future if you choose to sign him permanently. 

Point 3: I disagree. Do I think it's a certainty? No. Of course not, because anything can happen in football. But I think it's very likely that Rovers will stay up. Scunthorpe and Walsall both look to be on awful form, Rochdale and Bradford have new managers. Plus, it's extremely close at the bottom. If Rovers win their game in hand we go up to 13th place. Accrington have been on awful form recently too. Rovers have given me enough good performances against teams a lot better than us to be confident we can beat the much worse ones we still have to play. Rochdale, Wimbledon and Bradford specifically. 

Point 4: Our lack of quality this season has come from our inability to finish chances and score goals. This was our main problem earlier in the season. Our strike force consisted of Stefan Payne, who is a target man who is frankly useless and had a very poor mentality. Gavin Reilly, who misses a lot of sitters and is very inconsistent. Alex Jakubiak, who isn't a goalscorer but is a good workhorse. And Tom Nichols, who has never scored much but this season has been great in terms of providing assists. So we signed Jonson Clarke-Harris and going forward we look a completely different team. He's bringing out the best in Nichols as he has someone to play off of, and he can dominate centre-backs, like he did yesterday against Scunthorpe, even their manager said it. The point is our league position is down to the lack of quality that we didn't have but now we appear to have. 

Point 5: Sunderland have George Honeymoon and Aiden McGeady, two players who not only are too good for League 1, but should probably be playing in the Premier League. And they're not an okay League 1 team, if they win their game in hand they're 1 point off of second place. They're one of the best League 1 teams and it should be expected that the team in 3rd place beat the team that's battling relegation. 

Points 6 and 7: You also lost to Birmingham who are in 11th place, and 3 defeats in 4 games is a huge contrast to the 13 game unbeaten streak you went on. Johnson has a history of poor performances in the second half of the season, I mean after the Manchester United game last season I was shocked because you seemed so poor. And a team that was considered certain promotion candidates finished in 11th place. And the whole point isn't you lost to Leeds, but knowing many City fans Leeds weren't that good and City players seemed not bothered. And that's a lot more worrying than a close 1-0 defeat.

Point 8: My point is you don't need high numbers in attendance levels to be a successful team. I see it every week in here pointing to the 8,000 or so attendance of Rovers fans. And although I completely disagree with the fans who think we're a huge club who should be Championship level. I think our attendance levels and our fanbase is far too big for the standard of football we've competed in in recent years. Our club is too big for League 2, as demonstrated by our average attendance would be the 2nd best in League 2, even in League 1 it's 9th. And it's better than clubs like Doncaster, MK Dons, Burton etc. who have all had sustained periods of time in the Championship. 

I think infrastructure wise we're years behind some other clubs, but I think we deserve better, however much you may disagree. But i'm optimistic, and our recent form tells me we'll stay up and I think we have the capacity to grow next season as we have a very good core of players.

Cling on to the dream my friend, cling on .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Dear Mr Bodin

Sorry to disappoint you but looking at the content of your last few emails, there is absolutely nothing there that is likely to make you an "OTIB Gashead Legend"

On the other hand, a few well chosen words from Jake's Dad a few years ago and his name will live on for years to come and he has become a Gift Spunker extraordinaire ....

jakesdad.thumb.jpg.0a2488a4ac8fae4c51d6b29108303af4.jpg

Can you see where you are going wrong now?

In my opinion, this is what the Dustbin Thread is intended for, so maybe if you could try just a little bit harder .....

never fails to raise a smile!!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s their excuse right there....’we’d have taken massive numbers cos it’s what we do....but it was a bit rainy...’

I expect their home gate to be affected on Saturday too.Bloody cyclists even when south of the river...https://betterbybike.info/event/https-betterbybike-info-event-bikeability-level-1-course-for-children-7-10-5

Edited by Loon plage
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I expect their home gate to be affected on Saturday too.Bloody cyclists even when south of the river...https://betterbybike.info/event/https-betterbybike-info-event-bikeability-level-1-course-for-children-7-10-5

Surely the away end will be full of troublemaking 'teds though as we don't have a game? 

20 hours ago, bodin said:

I've only ever heard two songs about Bristol City at the Mem, "if you all hate Bristol City clap your hands." And "we're coming for you." Which I heard once when we went up. There's plenty of songs, but even if there weren't how would you know? Or do you visit the Mem frequently?

Our atmosphere is nowhere near that of most Championship clubs and I haven't denied as such, but going up to grounds like Coventry and Fleetwood, two stadiums with awful atmospheres, makes me think subjectively that Rovers' atmosphere is good. And by good, I mean mid-table League 1. I'm not going "da mem is like camp nou" which is what you're implying I'm saying.

I have been to the Mem and I have heard it with my own ears. Totally obsessed with City is an understatement when it comes to Rovers tunes. I bet you were “Singing the blues” on Saturday with the other 5 (and 20,000 locked out). 

Perhaps the most memorable one for me was the day you beat Lincoln City 5-2 in the playoff semi final. Your winning chorus was “Are you watching Ashton Gate?”. A mate of mine is completely neutral, a rugger head from Bath and he said he was going to watch the match. He recalled 1 minute 26 seconds into the game before your lot were singing about “da shit”. He thought I was joking about how obsessed Sags are with a City until he saw it with his own eyes and agreed. 

The whole beginning of this Bristol Rovers Dustbin thread came about as a result of Sags obsession with City in the first place. 

If I had to spend my whole time stood up freezing my bollocks off getting drenched with only a bit of canvas above my head then I guess I would have to sing loudly as I could just to stay alive.

I haven’t suggested that the Mem is like Camp Nou, it’s more like Scout Camp. There are enough tents anyway.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely the away end will be full of troublemaking 'teds though as we don't have a game? 

you're right; a football free Saturday, I'm looking forward to visiting a 1970's style Chernobyl tented refugee camp. It'll only cost a fiver as I know Bert who's on the disabled gate entrance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Rammed full of obsessed Ted’s singing Ted songs and then waiting outside for the Rovers fans, just like they were on that awful day in 2014 when Mansfield ended their 92 year association with the Football League. If it isn’t the fault of Ted’s then it is Wycombe, who should have had a points deduction, even though Sags had stormed all over their pitch ruining it, breaking hoardings and singing songs about staying up and celebrating their impending doom. Oh, THE GIFTS!?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2019 at 22:06, bodin said:

Since Coughlan took over Rovers have 23 points in 14 games. I'll do the maths, that's 1.64 points per game, over a 46 game season that's 75 points. Last season that would have been enough to finish 5th in League 1, which is a place in the Playoffs. We're 36 games into the season so far, so such form would expect 59 points, which would be enough to be 6th at the moment, also in the playoff spot. Hence since Coughlan took over we've experienced playoff form. 

We're a "1 measly point outside of the relegation zone." Except we have a game in hand and if we win that we go all the way up to 13th, comfortably clear of the relegation zone. Also, if you're mocking the club size of the team we've beat then we beat Blackpool 4-0? So what's your point? And if you're mocking the fact they're a poor team, why wouldn't a team below another team in the league celebrate a win against that team? It's not even a one-off because we've done it multiple times in recent weeks but oh well. 

But it isn't 75 points. Nobody goes a season with consistent form throughout. 

This is your good patch. Over a season your manager would also have a bad patch. 

If you want 75 points in a season you need to average well over 2 points a game at certain periods. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

1. I can’t believe that Ipswich will have agreed to pay any bonus based upon signing a player who has helped them achieve relegation. If you think that you’ll get a penny extra from Ipswich for Harrison then you’re going to be disappointed. 

2. My question was based solely upon your incoherent use of English. I mentioned nothing about your team and FA Cup upsets, numerous though they are. 

The bonus isn't optional, the bonus will be paid for if he scores a certain number of goals whatever league they're in. Hence unless he's sold we'll get the extra £250k

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, the Millers tried a couple of years before and were rock bottom all season. They did know what to expect this time around but have done extremely well considering how pathetic they were the last time they were at this level. 

They were awful the season they went down, even in League 1 I was surprised they finished so high, we beat them at the Mem.

22 hours ago, Rich said:

As you state, Rovers have been on a good run, that's what happens in football, other teams have been on poor runs, it changes, be watchful not cocky. Your real honeymoon period with the new upgraded coach was December. Narrow defeat in the first match at Sunderland, followed by three wins on the bounce. Honeymoon over and back to a little less dynamic form, still ok but not as good. Next Thirteen games inc cup and you pick up five more wins but, only three were league wins.  In the last ten league games you've averaged 1.4 per game since the start of Jan, with most points coming in this month. I suggest you hope for March results, as opposed to Jan and Feb and games against clubs in turmoil like Blackpool.  Good Luck.

Form does change, but our form is showing no signs of changing. Out of those 10 games there's 3 of which Rovers could've got more points, as in, 3 of those games was probably a poor result. Shrewsbury draw 1-1 at home, Wycombe loss 1-0 at home and a draw away at Accrington 0-0. Considering Accrington is our bogey team by far, I'd say that's only 2 poor results. We got 2 draws against teams that were in the top 6, a 4-0 win against Blackpool and haven't lost an away game since Coughlan's first game. We have games against all 4 of the teams that have the highest odds of going down. And if anything Blackpool should've been more fired up as Oyston was out. The fact is, even a 1.4 point per game form (including many tough games) is more than good enough for us to stay up, especially considering the fact that now we seem to have a prolific goalscorer.

22 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Do you field a weakened team to ensure an annual FA Cup upset every year then? 

The majority of the time I believe.

22 hours ago, wood_red said:

So from February in 2016 when appointed we played 16 games and gained 24 points which kept us up. From February 2017 we played 18 games and got 26 points which is consistent to the season before. Now last season after playing a different way with the high pressing game, we had a nightmare as every player was knackered and shot to pieces. We gained 16 points from 17 games. So take last season out and we have not been that far off play off form from February onward in the other 2 seasons.

I think that is correct anyway!

Yep, was good in his first spell after he was appointed. Which he should have been given Cotterill was underperforming. In his second season you were in 11th place in gameweek 19. Albeit a bit earlier than the midway point. You then had a spell of 8 losses in a row, 8! Which put you in 20th in gameweek 27, you then collected 8/27 points from your next 9 games. You then picked your form up a lot, but you did have a humilating loss 5-0 to Preston and you finished 17th. And then you had last season

21 hours ago, 54-46 said:

I think you’ll find he’s French. 

Typical racism from a Sag. Disgusting. 

The French are not a race to be fair.

21 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

In the main your fans act like your a big club is what I meant. 

There maybe the odd gem found in non league but you have to have a semi decent scouting network to find them and as you have volunteer coaches I can’t  see that you would  put much money into it. 

Mcgeedy was regarded as a bad apple by many Preston fans and mainly came off the bench for Sunderland . 

In regards to fan base % to population , your average attendance is poor and you can’t use the excuse that not many other teams sell out either as Chernobyl only holds about 11,000 doesn’t it ? 

No, I don't think a lot of Rovers fans see us as a big club. But the idiots who do are very vocal. 

You don't even need that good of a scouting network, invite a few players down to trial, hell the Nike Academy and V9 have spit out a lot of good players recently.

McGeady still scored 8 goals for Preston, and 7 for an awful Sunderland team, despite being on the bench.

Name me one team that has a rival who is as considerably better than us as City is to Rovers where the bottom team's fanbase is big.

21 hours ago, Swede said:

sags taking things out of context as usual to suit their own vivid imagination. The Loftus Cheek Man City comment was a sag phoning in to Radio Bristol after Saturday's game. I'd get your facts right.

Where did I take anything out of context? I didn't say it so what's the point, there's plenty of football fans from all clubs who are uneducated on things other than their club. 

I know you didn't say it but you used it anyway to try and put over your point and despite my putting you straight, you are still labouring the point.

I used it? How? My point was all fanbases have uneducated fans.

20 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

@bodin You don't own a computer shop do you ?

Unfortunately not

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

What do you mean upset?

Unexpected result

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief.....another verbose and boring post.....why do you bother? 

Is quite fun debating with the fans who aren't going "yur a gazhead yur stoopid."

17 hours ago, 29AR said:

Are we not better than asschat?

@Miah Dennehy is a good and welcome poster and certainly makes me laugh with his self-deprecating posts touched with humour when they are doing alright. 

@bodin also he doesn’t stop short of admitting their shortcomings, he’s bloody volunteered them. He talks about run under coughlin no more than we talk about our winning/unbeaten run under LJ a few weeks back. 

Sorry, not sorry, this will be unpopular but it’s bloody embarrassing the reception these guys are getting. They aren’t idiotic posters or magnanimous, they seem good guys. You all want to moan about reception on ‘aaschat’ but give these guys pelters. @bodin even said bath city have a better ground, he’s not here giving it the big ‘un. I think he does overstate ‘deserve’ a tinge but we all look at our own with Rose-tinted. 

I ain’t driving them to Wembley - cheers Sunderland - but don’t drive them away and then say ‘oh but we can’t talk on asschat’ and then claim some my farts don’t stink attitude. 

Thank you. To be honest deserve isn't even a thing anymore since finance now has such a big impact. The majority of clubs deserve to be somewhere else. Whether better or worse

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You came on here, strutted about like you owned the place whilst obviously taking great delight in correcting people on their spelling - then you post ‘Duane Sports’.....good grief....even us ‘teds know it’s Dwane Sports - a company registered in the Channel Islands - which makes a mockery of your fans’ pathetic ‘tax dodger’ insults aimed at Steve Lansdown, a local guy who has contributed more to Bristol, and the local economy, than your entire fanbase added together....perhaps it’s time you just buggered off....

Severely misspelling absolute and misspelling Dwane Sports, a Sports company owned by a Jordanian family, are very different. I've never said anything about Lansdown? Your argument is consisting of "a couple Rovers fans said this so you must also think it!" I could only dream of Lansdown as an owner.

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Cling on to the dream my friend, cling on .

Am desperately

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I have been to the Mem and I have heard it with my own ears. Totally obsessed with City is an understatement when it comes to Rovers tunes. I bet you were “Singing the blues” on Saturday with the other 5 (and 20,000 locked out). 

Perhaps the most memorable one for me was the day you beat Lincoln City 5-2 in the playoff semi final. Your winning chorus was “Are you watching Ashton Gate?”. A mate of mine is completely neutral, a rugger head from Bath and he said he was going to watch the match. He recalled 1 minute 26 seconds into the game before your lot were singing about “da shit”. He thought I was joking about how obsessed Sags are with a City until he saw it with his own eyes and agreed. 

The whole beginning of this Bristol Rovers Dustbin thread came about as a result of Sags obsession with City in the first place. 

If I had to spend my whole time stood up freezing my bollocks off getting drenched with only a bit of canvas above my head then I guess I would have to sing loudly as I could just to stay alive.

I haven’t suggested that the Mem is like Camp Nou, it’s more like Scout Camp. There are enough tents anyway.

How many times have you been to the Mem? Because if it's only once or twice, do you think that's anywhere near a suitable sample size for 203 games that we've played since the Lincoln game? It still seems quite ironic considering your forum is called "One team in Bristol" and you have 977 pages on your Bristol Rovers thread in the last 3 and a half years. Around 3/4 of a page on this thread every single day for 3 and a half years?

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

But it isn't 75 points. Nobody goes a season with consistent form throughout. 

This is your good patch. Over a season your manager would also have a bad patch. 

If you want 75 points in a season you need to average well over 2 points a game at certain periods. 

3 months seems an awfully long time for a good patch is all i'm saying, and even a bad form under Coughlan in the previous part of the season would see Rovers considerably higher in the table. 

• Sad 1

To illustrate my point as I could just be an optimistic gashead and since Rovers are 1 point above the relegation zone they'll still go down. 

Here's two websites that use statistical models to predict as accurately as possible where teams will finish: They give Rovers between 8-15% chance of being relegated. And predict Rovers to finish 15th/16th

https://experimental361.com/2019/03/10/e-ratings-update-league-1-10-mar-2019/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/league-one/

36 minutes ago, bodin said:

To illustrate my point as I could just be an optimistic gashead and since Rovers are 1 point above the relegation zone they'll still go down. 

Here's two websites that use statistical models to predict as accurately as possible where teams will finish: They give Rovers between 8-15% chance of being relegated. And predict Rovers to finish 15th/16th

https://experimental361.com/2019/03/10/e-ratings-update-league-1-10-mar-2019/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/league-one/

If statistics actually worked with football results, I would win the pools every week. Unfortunately for me and you they don't.

53 minutes ago, bodin said:

How many times have you been to the Mem? Because if it's only once or twice, do you think that's anywhere near a suitable sample size for 203 games that we've played since the Lincoln game? It still seems quite ironic considering your forum is called "One team in Bristol" and you have 977 pages on your Bristol Rovers thread in the last 3 and a half years. Around 3/4 of a page on this thread every single day for 3 and a half years?

I’ve seen enough to know how obsessed with City your fans are. Outside of this I have heard your fans more concerned about how “da shit” are getting on rather than care about how their own team is getting on.

I think it probably was born out of your clubs original “City relegation party” threads / Facebook groups. 

This thread has gone on for so long because you belters keep serving us up with gifts aplenty.

I’ll list a few....

Celebrating staying up at Wycombe and going out of the football league the following week.

Being sent down by a guy wearing a Rovers away shirt.

Barrow, Bath, Chesham, Barnet

Horse punching

Thousands locked out

6th richest club in England 

Boob cricket 

Punching Braintree players in the back of the net

Santa’s Grotto

Condemned Pasty Shack

Championship ready sprinklers

Hello! Unlucky the shit.

Watertight Sainsbury’s contract

Evolution not Revolution (These things take time)

Two divorces 

The family club with a horrendous record of banning orders 

Tents 

The colony (Game changer)

White plastic chairs

The pipe dream stadium

Always the victim 

Dean Windass worship

Doncaster United

£10 Million Snake

The list is endless.....

Tinpot bunch of belters. ?