IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Here's the irony: this thread isn't dedicated to your club; it's dedicated to taking the piss out of your club. That you post upon it, believing it to simply being  dedicated to your club, is the irony.

It doesn't exist so that we can be reasonable in our attitude to your club; it exists so that we can denigrate and laugh at every curious decision your club takes; so that we can marvel at how well your fellow fans believe that they are perceived by the supporters of other teams (present company excepted) up and down the country. Stay and enjoy the fun by all means but don't expect a fair hearing from other forum members who frankly, don't give a shit about your club unless we can turn it to our amusement.

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

You can't see the irony?  Jeez. :facepalm:  Your club deserves you.

My apologies, in terms of the meaning of irony it's always confused me. Ever since "isn't it ironic" was a hit song when in fact none of it was ironic. Just one of those things. I see your point now :laugh:. 

It just seems this thread has a lot of irrational piss-taking. But if that's what this thread is meant for then fair enough.

Not to say there isn't a lot of rational criticism on here, of course. Rovers are a comedic club a lot of the time. If anything I look at a club like Yeovil or Chesterfield or Leyton Orient and say at least we're not them right now 

Edited by bodin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bodin said:

My apologies, in terms of the meaning of irony it's always confused me. Ever since "isn't it ironic" was a hit song when in fact none of it was ironic. Just one of those things. I see your point now :laugh:. 

It just seems this thread has a lot of irrational piss-taking. But if that's what this thread is meant for then fair enough. 

You seem a decent guy, but if you're looking for rational conversation on Bristol Rovers on a Bristol City forum then you won't find one!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bodin said:

Not to say there isn't a lot of rational criticism on here, of course. Rovers are a comedic club a lot of the time. If anything I look at a club like Yeovil or Chesterfield or Leyton Orient and say at least we're not them right now 

Many of your fellow supporters believe irony to be a taste obtained when licking railings. Now you’ll be able to correct them! ;)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bodin said:

My apologies, in terms of the meaning of irony it's always confused me. Ever since "isn't it ironic" was a hit song when in fact none of it was ironic. 

The song ‘Ironic’ was ironic because it was called ‘Ironic’ but did not feature any examples of irony.

FTG Pop Pickers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

You seem a decent guy, but if you're looking for rational conversation on Bristol Rovers on a Bristol City forum then you won't find one!

That's true, it's the same on Gaschat too. Some people way too keen to try and get a heads-up on City fans when in reality you're a bigger and better run club than us and have been for a while, but Gaschat will focus on a badge and an U23s game Vs Nottingham Forest to try and win for once. It's embarrassing in that case because in reality we've got nothing to mock you for, although I was hopeful we might in 2013-14 when you were in a relegation battle for a lot of the season but picked it up and then finished mid-table only to dominate the league the following season, whilst we got relegated to the Conference, laughable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bodin said:

That's true, it's the same on Gaschat too. Some people way too keen to try and get a heads-up on City fans when in reality you're a bigger and better run club than us and have been for a while, but Gaschat will focus on a badge and an U23s game Vs Nottingham Forest to try and win for once. It's embarrassing in that case because in reality we've got nothing to mock you for, although I was hopeful we might in 2013-14 when you were in a relegation battle for a lot of the season but picked it up and then finished mid-table only to dominate the league the following season, whilst we got relegated to the Conference, laughable. 

You can’t be gas mate. You are calm, considered and talk sense.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s a day that doesn’t come round too often for me, but it happened today....City win away, Jags win away, Gas lose at home....that is the Holy Trinity for me....and the liquor tastes very smooth as a result! 

I nearly went to it!  Ended up going to the Isle of Arran for the day though, I must be getting old.

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

That's true, it's the same on Gaschat too.

Hard to say, no one from any other club stays too long. I may not like, or disagree with what you other team interlopers say on here, but the forum is a better place for the different opinions. gAss chat just seems to be , fans ego stroking and trying to avoid dissenting voices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

All of my family bar 3 key ones are City fans to be fair. My Rovers influence comes from my dad who's a massive Rovers fan and great granddad who was a huge Rovers fan. And my great granddad on the other side was a professional footballer before the war and played for Rovers. Literally every single other member of my family are City fans, makes family events interesting when one of the teams is on awful form (usually Rovers unfortunately for me!). 

• Haha 1

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Morton vs Thistle would have been a much better day out - and the mighty Jags only dicked ‘em 0-3! Never too old to go to the match!

Old enough to get talked into day tripping rather than football though. I was struggling to get away with 2 football days in a row on a weekend away with the wife!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Fickle fans.

Despite a great run under ‘the cock’ they are still just about in a relegation fight. Could do with their fans packing out their tiny stadium to get them over the line.

Still can’t get over 8k Gas at home.

BBD5E898-E826-45DB-88BC-B05A4B6FA5D4.jpeg

Presumably not from row M..

3 hours ago, bodin said:

I agree with your reasoning and once I have kids I'll probably follow suit, but all I'm saying is I wouldn't be the first to criticise anyone for going to away games if I didn't go, no matter how many away games I've gone to. 

Also I really don't see the irony, if you could tell me the irony of posting on the section of a rival fans' forum dedicated to my club, then go ahead. 

And no I'll make sure I don't post on page 999. Although I would say i've been responsible for 5 pages so oops! But we've given you a lot to take the piss out of in recent years. Although the length of this thread does surprise me, because we've generally been pretty good since the thread started, with the exception of this season, although I imagine the majority of this thread will be focused on past-years, one off events and Gaschat posters and Taylor and the Al Qadi family. I'm sure if this thread was around for 2013/14, the thread would've hit 1000 in a couple weeks!

:rofl2br:

Fvck me your easily pleased aren’t you! Then again looking at your history I’m not all that suprised, even a postage stamp is too big for your honours list.

This thread continues like it does because your club, and your fellow loyal and true make yourselves a laughing stock on a weekly basis, the only club in the country who release a statement following the Brexit vote to reassure the masses presumably that it wouldn’t effect the foreign multi million £ signings that are coming? Evolution wasn’t it? And you quite clearly have to most deluded set of fans on the planet that think you are somewhat unique, that deserve so much better, that you have Premier League class support, make up lies about anything BCFC just to make yourselves feel better, have a weird obsession of asking your opponents fans whether they prefer yourselves or City? just plain fvcking weird that, and just believing anything you get told from whoever’s running your club, when it’s clear as day to anyone else outside of a fewers bubble that’s its plain bullshit to shut you up for another 6months.

6 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

True, but he doesn't seem to understand that this thread is here to laugh at the sags.

He shouldn't be cluttering it up with consideration and sense talking.

If he wants to do that let him start a bodin thread and let us get on with the piss taking.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

:rofl2br:

Fvck me your easily pleased aren’t you! Then again looking at your history I’m not all that suprised, even a postage stamp is too big for your honours list.

With how shit Rovers have been for the last decade, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that back to back promotions and 3 finishes in League 1 (hopefully with 0 relegations) is good for Rovers' standards.

It's easy to say "Ooh you're easily pleased." But football success is subjective, your club have been successful in recent years, but couldn't the fans of Manchester City or Chelsea or Bournemouth say the exact same thing to you, no? 

Not going to respond to the rest of it as of course as a rival fan you're going to say Rovers have the most deluded fans in the world, any rival fan would say the same thing about their rivals. 

So yes compared to you our success probably shite, but yours is compared to other clubs so don't see that as much of an argument. Hell, in Scotland there's a team called Fort William who are on -7 points this year. Yes, MINUS 7. They must celebrate whenever they get a draw. At least I'm not a Fort William fan is the motto I think i'll live by!

Edited by bodin
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 16/03/2019 at 16:48, Port Said Red said:

8343 today, good luck with that 10k average for the rest of the season saggies.

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

9037. They really need a bigger ground.

I thought I'd keep track of the sags 10K average over final five home games of the season "target"

Charlton 8343

Luton 9037

Bradford ?

Rochdale ?

Barnsley ?

-----

Average so far - 8690

Average required in remaining games - 10873

I hadn't realised they play Barnsley on the last day of the season -  I REALLY like the look of that fixture especially if the sags need something - Would be sweet to see Cauley Woodrow relegate them while they spew their bile at him in their tented swamp ?   ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bodin said:

With how shit Rovers have been for the last decade, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that back to back promotions and 3 finishes in League 1 (hopefully with 0 relegations) is good for Rovers' standards. - This is my point about you being easily pleased, two promotions yes but from 2 (1 NON LEAGUE) divisions, if we were ever to go that far down, I’d be trying to forget those days, certainly wouldn’t be calling it ‘good’.

It's easy to say "Ooh you're easily pleased." But football success is subjective, your club have been successful in recent years, but couldn't the fans of Manchester City or Chelsea or Bournemouth say the exact same thing to you, no? - Point being here is we don’t scream to other clubs (like yourselves) about how ‘we’re coming you’ to them after stringing 2 wins together. 

Not going to respond to the rest of it as of course as a rival fan you're going to say Rovers have the most deluded fans in the world, any rival fan would say the same thing about their rivals. - Whether your our rivals or not surely even you (seem pretty level headed for one of them) can see how ridiculous the majority of your supporters make you look with the constant drivel they come out with? Example - This ‘loyal and true’ bollox, and how great your away following is, your support is shite for the size of Bristol and no better than any other clubs in L1.

So yes compared to you our success probably shite, but yours is compared to other clubs so don't see that as much of an argument. Hell, in Scotland there's a team called Fort William who are on -7 points this year. Yes, MINUS 7. They must celebrate whenever they get a draw. At least I'm not a Fort William fan is the motto I think i'll live by! - Here’s 1 of your fans main problems (and you have a few) their ambition is to catch BCFC nothing else, they continue to focus on our results, if the ‘teds’ lose that’s their weekends made up regardless of your own result. Bar admiring and wanting to follow the way a club goes about progressing ie Swansea of a few years back, I for one don’t compare BCFC up to any club, so until you fewers start concentrating on what’s happening at (or not in your case) your own club instead of comparing yourselves to the likes of us then you’ve no hope, and let’s be honest I really do think the majority of your lot don’t realise how far behind us you actually are. Imo unless you get some serious investment then you’ve got no hope of surviving at Championship level if you ever did fluke promotion.

43 minutes ago, cityal said:

I thought I'd keep track of the sags 10K average over final five home games of the season "target"

Charlton 8343

Luton 9037

Bradford ?

Rochdale ?

Barnsley ?

-----

Average so far - 8690

Average required in remaining games - 10873

I hadn't realised they play Barnsley on the last day of the season -  I REALLY like the look of that fixture especially if the sags need something - Would be sweet to see Cauley Woodrow relegate them while they spew their bile at him in their tented swamp ?   ??

Last minute winner from Cauley, all the Ted’s in that away end going mental....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Last minute winner from Cauley, all the Ted’s in that away end going mental....

We didn’t need a last minute winner Wycombe, the first time they got relegated to the basement..! 

... and it wasn’t just “ ‘Teds” in the away end. There were a few Swindon in there, taking the piss, aswell..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We didn’t need a last minute winner Wycombe, the first time they got relegated to the basement..! 

... and it wasn’t just “ ‘Teds” in the away end. There were a few Swindon in there, taking the piss, aswell..! 

Apparently they could tell it was ‘they gurt Ted’s cuz dey woz going mental after the goal and at fall time’ 

Not like a club’s fans to celebrate their side scoring or winning now isit. They kick off as Colin sent them down, but as it makes them look bad they try and shift the blame onto us, the odds on them going down that day we’re long, not sure anyone thought they’d actually achieve it (only in the relegation zone for 50 odd mins mind). 

FTG

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s a day that doesn’t come round too often for me, but it happened today....City win away, Jags win away, Gas lose at home....that is the Holy Trinity for me....and the liquor tastes very smooth as a result! 

Same for me except that for some reason that I've long since forgotten, I follow Alloa and a Partick loss today would have been great. Still as the only part time team in the Scottish Championship, Alloa are putting up a great fight. Last season Brechin got 5 points or something and didn't win a game all season...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Apparently they could tell it was ‘they gurt Ted’s cuz dey woz going mental after the goal and at fall time’ 

Not like a club’s fans to celebrate their side scoring or winning now isit. They kick off as Colin sent them down, but as it makes them look bad they try and shift the blame onto us, the odds on them going down that day we’re long, not sure anyone thought they’d actually achieve it (only in the relegation zone for 50 odd mins mind). 

FTG

Wasn’t there for the Mansfield game. I was for the Wycombe game a few seasons earlier though, the first time they dropped into the basement. 

3 hours ago, cityal said:

Someone tell Barnsley to leave their strip at home and ask if they can request to wear Rovers second strip, please? ?

Edited by East End Old Boy
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn’t there for the Mansfield game. I was for the Wycombe game a few seasons earlier though, the first time they dropped into the basement. 

Only ever had the misfortune of stepping foot in that place once,  when Lambert score that goal they still jizz about today, ridiculous queues to piss in a hole in the floor so just pissed all over their gazebo instead. How that thing passes health and safety I’ll never know. Still they like it and makes them unique don’t you know, and could never be like ‘da shit’ chucking all this money around and having a soulless all seater ground, but yet ‘we’ve got our stadium’ they chanted when we last met, funnily enough a soulless ikea flat packed 18k all seater infact, they couldn’t wait to get it built (still waiting btw) and surpass them teds, then along comes Wally the Middle Eastern billionaire (who turns out to not actually have a pot to piss in) that makes them the 6th richest club in the country so they all crowed about, you’ll still find plenty of them who still believe Wally has all this money to burn but ‘he doesn’t want to spend it’ so they really do want to be like us but only when it suits them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bodin said:

It is irrational, much of it, but in there you'll always find some well thought out humour. At least occasionally.

On the other hand, Ive read the badge thread on gaschat. It has all the humour of an very angry 10 year old. It makes no sense. None of it has any balance in it whatsoever which, in my view, makes the club and its fans seem even smaller and bitter than ever. The badge is a bit marmite but it's just a badge. 

The diatribe on your site is equivalent of a sensible and cerebral discussion on morality descending into "oh **** you then", only without any of the cerebral bit. People without the ability to articulate. 

Gaschat suggesting we've only been around since 2012 is a particularly sad effort and has the comic quality of Bernard Manning performing stand up in a mosque. 

Your refusal to accept City fans on gaschat is also very small minded and says more about the people running the forum than the City fans visiting. Ask yourself why OTIB manages Gas visits here. And it has nothing to do with our higher league position and the trappings of SLs cheque book. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1