IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

???????????? Nearly 1000 pages of ?????.

I’ve been thinking ? maybe of producing a book for Christmas based upon some absolute gems from this legendary thread.

Title choice could be interesting....

”Tinpot Bristol Rovers - The gift that keeps on giving”

or

”NOT the 6th richest club in England”

or

”BR15FC - From Ragass to Ratshit”

or

”Ted’s In The Away End”

or

”There’s only one Colin Daniel”

or

”Dissolution not Evolution”

or

”Bristol Rovers - The Family Club - Loved By All”

or

”Locked Out”

or

”BR15FC - England’s biggest Campsite”

or

”Watertight Down”

any more suggestions?

“From ‘Unlucky da Shit’ to ‘Oh Shit!’”

Today, I found an old Evening Post dating from Monday 14 November 1983. I’m attaching the match reports on the Bristol Rovers v Burnley match, which was played at Eastville. Observe the attendance and the comments of the “Fan of the Week”; note how, even back then, they were being awarded dubious penalties. Read also the report about the abuse meted out to the Burnley manager, John Bond. 

Nothing much has changed in almost 36 years - apart from the emergence of the Gap. Back then, they were in Division Three, finishing 5th that season; we were in Division Four and were eventually promoted in 4th place. 

I think that I only kept the paper because  my mates and I drove up to Darlington to watch our 1-0 win.32CEA28F-D49B-4025-B889-0735A15AF824.thumb.jpeg.f5605641262ca5af8f506cbca5d797f3.jpeg18293F91-E68F-4765-BFA2-07E3A3365B42.thumb.jpeg.6efaa70f64939585213a33380564993a.jpeg

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Today, I found an old Evening Post dating from Monday 14 November 1983. I’m attaching the match reports on the Bristol Rovers v Burnley match, which was played at Eastville. Observe the attendance and the comments of the “Fan of the Week”; note how, even back then, they were being awarded dubious penalties. Read also the report about the abuse meted out to the Burnley manager, John Bond. 

Nothing much has changed in almost 36 years - apart from the emergence of the Gap. Back then, they were in Division Three, finishing 5th that season; we were in Division Four and were eventually promoted in 4th place. 

I think that I only kept the paper because  my mates and I drove up to Darlington to watch our 1-0 win.32CEA28F-D49B-4025-B889-0735A15AF824.thumb.jpeg.f5605641262ca5af8f506cbca5d797f3.jpeg18293F91-E68F-4765-BFA2-07E3A3365B42.thumb.jpeg.6efaa70f64939585213a33380564993a.jpeg

So they only had 7,000 at their spiritual home, that they loved so much. 

I suppose that shows some level of improvement, now that they get nearly 8,000...! And that’s in a worse group than they had then..! ?

I wonder if we’ve managed to keep pace with their bid to conquer world football..? Anyone know what our crowd was on the weekend with side of this date and compare to Saturday...?! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So they only had 7,000 at their spiritual home, that they loved so much. 

I suppose that shows some level of improvement, now that they get nearly 8,000...! And that’s in a worse group than they had then..! ?

I wonder if we’ve managed to keep pace with their bid to conquer world football..? Anyone know what our crowd was on the weekend with side of this date and compare to Saturday...?! 

5/11/83     City 1 v Doncaster United 2 :cool: 5,963

26/11/83   City 2 v Chesterfield 0  5,835

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He's obviously going "all in" with the 15ers. Expect investment news very soon.including a new Tottenham Totterdown-style stadium.

I understand solicitors for Mr Wael Al Qadi have written to Tottenham Hotspur alleging copyright infringement over their use of the slogan “this is my club, my one and only club”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most of the value of the club was in the form of goodwill and that is now something in short supply.

It's always someone elses fault though and when they go under, they will probably blame it on not being able to play in Europe because of BREXIT.

Probably no longer a going concern.  Certainly a concern and surely going though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I read with interest the comment made by the then chief executive about opposition managers being too lazy to walk around the pitch. I see they were very much the family club back then as well. Obviously it hadn't occurred to him that not all visiting managers remember to include wellies when visiting the Wembley that was Eastvile

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

5/11/83     City 1 v Doncaster United 2 :cool: 5,963

26/11/83   City 2 v Chesterfield 0  5,835

Oh.. look at that... our growth has just about bettered theirs, assuming there’s likely to be around 20,000 at Ashton Gate this Saturday. 

I’m impressed, yet surprised, tat we reflect so well, against the 6th richest club in England..! 

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Mr Hani Al Qadi has been deposed as Chairman of the Arab Jordan Investment Bank.

Has he?

I know Jordanian banks all sound the same but I thought it was the Jordan International Bank in which they have a big a shareholding and they (Hani and Samer) are still on the Board of that one.

https://jordanintlb.com/index-8.html

Happy to be corrected Bert.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Has he?

I know Jordanian banks all sound the same but I thought it was the Jordan International Bank in which they have a big a shareholding and they (Hani and Samer) are still on the Board of that one.

I dunno about any of that but someone doesn't appear to be happy with him......

?:dunno:

11 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Has he?

https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/people/1855817-hani-abdul-qader-abdullah-al-qadi

Same bloke ?

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Oh yes, fair enough.

Also this:

Arab Jordan Investment Bank Key Developments

Arab Jordan Investment Bank Announces Executive Changes

May 1 17

Arab Jordan Investment Bank Co has appointed Hani Abdul Qadir Al Qady as its chairman. The appointment is effective from April 27. Qady has replaced Ibrahim Hammoud Al Mazyad. Currently, Qady serves at Arab Jordan Investment Bank Co as its general manager and chief executive officer. He also serves at Mediterranean Tourism Investment Co as managing director.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=9264027

So if he has got the push that was shortlived - two years.

I can't see anything about his having been given the push but @bert tann is usually an accurate source so I will put it down to slow publication like the Rovers' accounts.

On 03/04/2019 at 14:55, Major Isewater said:

A local pub for local people.

I have told this story before but it merits a repeat. 

An American guy wanted to book a room in a pub in the Highlands and when he arrived he gets talking to the landlord. 

It was all very jovial, the yank explained to all in the bar that he was researching his family tree and he had roots in the town.

The whiskey flowed and stories were exchanged.

As the night grew to a close the landlord asked his guest for his passport to check him in.

When he saw the name on the passport he threw the guy out on the street. 

Apparently , over 600 years ago his clan had betrayed the landlord’s clan to the English ! 

Now what makes this story more interesting is that it was my Scots friend , Howard who told it to highlight the small mindedness of his fellow countrymen. Needless to say he no longer lives there.

Hmmm.

Whiskey, in the Highlands?

That is probably the reason he was thrown out!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Oh yes, fair enough.

Also this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=9264027

So if he has got the push that was shortlived - two years.

I can't see anything about his having been given the push but @bert tann is usually an accurate source so I will put it down to slow publication like the Rovers' accounts.

Quoting myself but having had a gander at the share performance since his appointment I wouldn't be surprised:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/arab_jordan_investment_bank-stock

AJIB.jpg

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was there,too !

• Like 1

In the absence of the 2018 I thought I'd take a stroll back to their 2017 accounts to see what financial position we're expecting.

At 30 June 2017 the debt to Dwane Sports secured over the ground was £8.6m.

The ground is valued at £11.1m but is recorded at £2.4m so stated net assets of -£9.9m should be revised to real net assets of -£1.2m.

2017 headline loss was £3.0m but includes a £1.0m of write-offs and depreciation so in cash terms £2.0m.

Roll that forward without making any assumptions about interest on the debt or whether the London office was included in the year to 30 June 2017 and the expectations are:

30 June 2018 (the one currently due) - £2m loss

Debt £10.6m, net assets -£3.2m

30 June 2019  - £2m loss

Debt £12.6m, net assets -£5.2m

The debt facility has a cap of £15m.

If that's the case for June 2018 and there's nothing unexpected in the accounts then it isn't a particular story; nor would be similar for the current year which won't be published for another year.  With a £15m debt cap no breach looks likely in the next twelve months so there shouldn't be a problem in giving the directors' guarantee of support.

The likeliest reason for the late publication is going to be poor admin IMO.  Though with Bert's news, or more directly the decline in the share price of the bank and therefore dividend, which wasn't looking too healthy to the end of 2017 prior to the big decline in the share price, there may be a concern about advancing that debt finance up to the £15m limit advised when the going was good.  Or that may be small potatoes and it's either poor administration by the club's back office or Companies House just not uploading them yet after the quarter end rush.  They're not marked as overdue yet despite the filing date having passed.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/arab_jordan_investment_bank/financials

It's anyway something to look at whilst waiting for Saturday's game.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Quoting myself but having had a gander at the share performance since his appointment I wouldn't be surprised:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/arab_jordan_investment_bank-stock

AJIB.jpg

Wow.....what are the odds!

That share price graph mirroring rovers form over the past 30 years

AJIB.jpg

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1