IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

Head in the sand time in a discussion about not filing the accounts.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14244/accounts Anyone else worried that our accounts haven't been published yet?

Couldn’t care less about our accounts or city!

As above, I couldn’t care less about the accounts. I find it amazing people get so worked up about every single detail, related to the subject. Especially when working off of assumption, rumour, hearsay or agenda driven garbage.

It`s because Wally`s so damned  nice they know he wouldn`t do anything underhand so there`s absolutely nothing to worry about.

And if there is a problem it will be us gurt dirty teds wot done it.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Head in the sand time in a discussion about not filing the accounts.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14244/accounts Anyone else worried that our accounts haven't been published yet?

Couldn’t care less about our accounts or city!

As above, I couldn’t care less about the accounts. I find it amazing people get so worked up about every single detail, related to the subject. Especially when working off of assumption, rumour, hearsay or agenda driven garbage.

That’s them all over tbh, may not even be anything wrong with the accounts, but any slight hint at bad things about to happen for them and they completely ignore it and brush it off.

On 21/04/2019 at 13:56, Downend2005 said:

If only Rovers had previous form for being relegated after a ridiculous and unrealistic set of results... oh wait

You're not wrong but when they went down to non-league that was relient on two unrealistic results, whereas this is relient on probably 10+ unrealistic results. If they win today, unless 22nd win away to 1st they're guaranteed to stay up. 

They had a really poor result today but there's too many teams below them to go down. Those teams seem to lose week in and week out so Rovers should be fine even if they don't get any points from their last 2.

Clarke-Harris has kept them up, without his 93rd minute winner last week they'd be in deep trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

they are still a poor team who will lose their one asset in summer i can not see them doing any better next season

Me personally I don't think they'll lose him. Yes they lost Bodin, Taylor and Harrison but taking them as individual cases Harrison's shit, Bodin only had 6 months left on his deal and Taylor had a low release clause. Unless they receive a lot of money for Clarke-Harris I don't think they'll sell him, and he's not on a short term deal because I remember when he signed the Coventry manager going on about the deal that he was offered by the sags was very good for League 1 standard and should see him out for a couple years. 

But it looks like they're going to have a squad clearout this season so it'll be interesting to see how they manage to find more non-goalscoring strikers. 

Plus I don't think Clarke-Harris' form will keep up next season in all honesty. They keep him and then he has a horrific season is what I think will happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

they are still a poor team who will lose their one asset in summer i can not see them doing any better next season

Didn't he just sign in Jan?

Would a bigger club pay a decent fee based on 4 months of football?

Can't see them ever competing at the top end of that league but it's also difficult to get relegated when half the league is piss poor.

3 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

Didn't he just sign in Jan?

Would a bigger club pay a decent fee based on 4 months of football?

Can't see them ever competing at the top end of that league but it's also difficult to get relegated when half the league is piss poor.

My thinking too. I don't think many Championship clubs would want him unless his form continued after the summer, and I don't think League 1 clubs would pay what Rovers/their manager would want for him

42 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Me personally I don't think they'll lose him. Yes they lost Bodin, Taylor and Harrison but taking them as individual cases Harrison's shit, Bodin only had 6 months left on his deal and Taylor had a low release clause. Unless they receive a lot of money for Clarke-Harris I don't think they'll sell him, and he's not on a short term deal because I remember when he signed the Coventry manager going on about the deal that he was offered by the sags was very good for League 1 standard and should see him out for a couple years. 

But it looks like they're going to have a squad clearout this season so it'll be interesting to see how they manage to find more non-goalscoring strikers. 

Plus I don't think Clarke-Harris' form will keep up next season in all honesty. They keep him and then he has a horrific season is what I think will happen. 

It’s interesting how the club won’t say how long his contract is, i wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s only a year with another small get out clause, he’s also stated that he wants to play in the Championship, I expect to see him at Wigan or PNE next year

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Me personally I don't think they'll lose him. Yes they lost Bodin, Taylor and Harrison but taking them as individual cases Harrison's shit, Bodin only had 6 months left on his deal and Taylor had a low release clause. Unless they receive a lot of money for Clarke-Harris I don't think they'll sell him.

Anything above £300k and they’ll snap anyone’s hand off, they always have sold at the first chance that comes up, they can’t afford to be turning down such fee’s at present either.

39 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

8516. From Spotland, 273; from Grotland, 8243 

Won’t  anyone listen FFS? THEY NEED A BIGGER GROUND. 

An update on their 10K average over last 5 games....

Charlton 8343

Luton 9037

Bradford 8417

Rochdale 8516

Barnsley ?

Average = 8579

Required for 50k over 5 games and thus 10K average - 15687

So you're right @Rudolf Hucker They DO need a bigger ground. ?

• Haha 5

Clarke-Harris is in the goal scoring form of his career at Rovers.

Before he signed for them he'd scored a grand total of 34 goals in 190 games spanning 8 years.

It's Rovers' great good fortune he's enjoyed such an improbable purple patch, but it's very unlikely to be maintained, or repeated for the rest of his career, so very doubtful it'll be enough to attract bids of any substance.

He's never scored more than 11 in a season and that's about the level he'll be at next term imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That can’t be true. One of their belters on the radio said. The players didn’t turn up today Geoff and in front of a MASSIVE crowd . ???

and another one said that they are just a couple of signings away from a top side ?

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How’s their ‘we are gonna get gates of 50k plus in total over our last five home games’ prediction working out?! ?

1 hour ago, cityal said:

An update on their 10K average over last 5 games....

Charlton 8343

Luton 9037

Bradford 8417

Rochdale 8516

Barnsley ?

Average = 8579

Required for 50k over 5 games and thus 10K average - 15687

So you're right @Rudolf Hucker They DO need a bigger ground. ?

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

how much can they  realistically get for a league one striker 500000 ?

In my personal view I'd be shocked if they let him go anything less than a million.

I mean they did manage to get something along those lines for Harrison, who having talked to an Ipswich friend of mine is dire. I disagree with the comment that they'd sell for £300k, I think in recent years they've only sold their best players in exceptional circumstances. I'm pretty sure their manager claimed he was one of the best strikers in the division and had worked with him at another club which is why he was signed so I do doubt that he'd let him leave for peanuts. 

Wouldn't be shocked if someone like Hull came in for him though. Of course it'd be vastly entertaining to do a Matty V2 but unfortunately I think the inbred sags might have learnt a lesson or two since then. 

No chance anyone will take him this summer. 

He's had one good half season in his career and his championship record is 9 in 50 whilst his league one record, before January, was 20 in 127, hardly inspiring... 

Teams will give him another year, see if he does anything of note and then the bidding war will start if so

Edited by JBFC II

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Clarke-Harris is in the goal scoring form of his career at Rovers.

Before he signed for them he'd scored a grand total of 34 goals in 190 games spanning 8 years.

It's Rovers' great good fortune he's enjoyed such an improbable purple patch, but it's very unlikely to be maintained, or repeated for the rest of his career, so very doubtful it'll be enough to attract bids of any substance.

He's never scored more than 11 in a season and that's about the level he'll be at next term imo.

We spent a fortune on mo eisa and he won't be doing much in the rest of his career