IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So we celebrated promotion on the waterfront with passionate speeches from Steve Lansdown, Steve Cotterill and spent let little Oscar have his moment in the spotlight for being a little trooper, and the gas celebrate as the manager swears at the opposition and their striker gets his knob out. Yep, that's Bristol Rovers for you folks.

Classy club, eh!

So, what are we going to call them ?

They call us 82ers, because according to them, we have been a league club since 1982.

Using the same logic, they have been a league club since 2015.

Therefore, I propose the 15ers.

You are being a bit to rational.

We have this odd, delusional club, singing for some unknown reason a 1950's song and running around in quarters.

We are supposed to support them?

I honestly thought the open bus tour was a wind up....

But no, the poor sad ****ts have only been and gone and arranged one - a 45 minute "tour" from Warmley Railway Station (?) to Lawrence Hill roundabout, then on to their cabbage patch.

Impressive.

Sorry, I meant embarrassing.

Very embarrassing.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/a-date-for-your-diary-2463297.aspx

Why the hell was that other thread closed, they still have so much to give.

Judging by that-brief itinerary, Bristol truly DOES belong to us !

I thought they'd have the dignity to say "look, it's been a shit time in our history, we're coming out the other side now, let's do the whole bus tour celebration when we start properly moving up the league ladder, we're supposed to be a reasonable size football club FFS"

I underestimated their tinpotness.

• Like 1

Ha, brilliant OP in that thread, its sounds like its written by a 10 year old girl in a strop.....I get the feeling that angry little man has been crying inside everytime his club has been laughed at over the last 12 months. Not sure being the 'oldest' has actually done anything for them either except give them about 130 years of achieving nothing. I bet that dick shouts abuse at kids in the street wearing City tops.

Quite funny how he warns us about Lansdown walking away and leaving us up shit creek when Higgs has gone to 'Kneecap Finance' and borrowed a couple of million to allow him to gamble Rovers existence on a coin toss in Court.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1