IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I love the fact they constantly harp on about SL suddenly leaving and leaving the club in financial poo. Almost like they are praying to Almighty God for it to happen. We'll got one thing to say SORRY for not being taken to court by a multinational and therefore SORRY for not having the threat of administration axe above our heads. And SORRY because you getting promoted to the basement didn't take the shine off our greatest season in 60 year's.

My days.....

• Like 3

He says 'sorry you'll never get rid of us' as if they'd just been promoted into the same division as us, not just been promoted two divisions below us back into the football league all whilst conveniently forgetting it's been 14 season since we last shared the same division and also that the last time we played them we beat them.

Yep he's a bona fide gashead, that boy! They've only been a football league club for five minutes and look at them go already.....

Edited by redfred
  • Like 1

Not bothering to read it but does he mention they only took 26000 fans for their biggest game in their history, with their chairman publicly stating he expects AT LEAST 40,000 to attend?

I doubt it mind ;)

Ok I craved, I read it.

Here's my sorrys

SORRY for taking tens of thousands more than to Wembley, we know how much attendances mean to you.

SORRY for our redevelopments at Ashton Gate, must fill you with envy seeing UWE crumble.

SORRY for being Bristols oldest based team, and being Bristols oldest league club.

I'm sure there's 26,000 many other sorrys. But three will do for the time being.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

The odd sensible one pokes their head in now and again - 

Are you for real?

They have just won promotion to The Championship at a canter!

We on the other hand, despite how much of a great day it was winning at Wembley, struggled to get out of The Conference and back into the basement!

They are light years ahead of us both on the pitch and off of it with a billionaire chairman.

If we fail to win the court case and without huge investment we always will be.

Why post such utter drivel? 

By all means laugh at their absurd hyperbole and their nonsencial delusions of grandeur, but lets leave it there, eh?

As a point of fact, both Bristol City and Bristol Eastville Rovers turned professional in 1897, the year both clubs joined the Southern League. The claim that the are the oldest professional club in Bristol is another lie.

Get your facts straight Malago

I have it on the authority of Samuel Woodroffe Hollis himself that Rovers turned professional on the Tuesday but City had to wait till the Thursday because of a panic in south Bristol caused by the strike at WD & HO Wills factory which later became known as "the non-smoking gun dispute". 

This is all documented in "I was Bristol's oldest professional" by Dame Irene Higgs.

A masterpiece published by Wymans booksellers but now sadly out of cash.     

• Like 1

• Admin

As a point of fact, both Bristol City and Bristol Eastville Rovers turned professional in 1897, the year both clubs joined the Southern League. The claim that the are the oldest professional club in Bristol is another lie.

No they base it on their rewriting of history that we were only formed in 1982.

However, I believe we worked out previously that even on those terms we have had more success since 1982 than they have since 1897!

• Like 1

Also, City first joined the Football League in 1901 and Rovers joined in 1920.  

Of course since then Rovers have become non-League and so have only been members of the Football League since 2015.

• Like 2

Also, City first joined the Football League in 1901 and Rovers joined in 1920.  

Of course since then Rovers have become non-League and so have only been members of the Football League since 2015.

So we've been continuous members of The Football League for 114 years and they've been members for about 114 hours.

• Like 6

I've noticed that they are doing a open top tour according to their website of NORTH Bristol.  

North Bristol...where in North Bristol is this tour going....From Kingwood to Lawrence Hill.....So East Bristol then!

What a strange little club they are, they don't even know the area of the city they are touring around.

I've noticed that they are doing a open top tour according to their website of NORTH Bristol.  

North Bristol...where in North Bristol is this tour going....From Kingwood to Lawrence Hill.....So East Bristol then!

What a strange little club they are, they don't even know the area of the city they are touring around.

That area is of course home to solely non City fans! Ridiculous, trying to calculate your fanbase by historical geography is great when you're succesful, however the new generation of Bristolian football supporter is more likely to be a Chelsea fan, or a succesful local club.........COUGH, COUGH!

Nowhere NEAR the centre of Bristol then !   Not wanted or needed.

Can you come up with an original thread to keep us amused during the season of the living dead ?

We're waiting in anticipation for your contribution .

Can you come up with an original thread to keep us amused during the season of the living dead ?

We're waiting in anticipation for your contribution .

Nothing as amusing as this one I'm afraid.

All I've got is:

Favourite type of weather

Best Bristol postcode

If you could murder a forum member and get away with it who would it be

Best Bristol City player hairstyle

Favourite road in Bristol

Have you ever caught/headed a ball at a match from the crowd?

You turned up to a game at the round time/day/ground

Bristol City football dreams

Have you ever wanted City to lose

Your second team

Stats will get the death of football

Nothing as amusing as this one I'm afraid.

All I've got is:

Favourite type of weather

Best Bristol postcode

If you could murder a forum member and get away with it who would it be

Best Bristol City player hairstyle

Favourite road in Bristol

Have you ever caught/headed a ball at a match from the crowd?

You turned up to a game at the round time/day/ground

Bristol City football dreams

Have you ever wanted City to lose

Your second team

Stats will get the death of football

Now that 's more like it ,bags of raw material to work with .The close season will positively fly by !

An open top bus tour for finishing second in the conference?  Jesus wept.  Talk about desperate.