IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Are those official club scarves? They look like the tat sold outside wembley, the second one could be wheeled out anytime a team in blue turn up.

Have a look at the scarves in the City shop next time! My gf wanted one at the Walsall game. The best was the identical one to that in red and white; and the worst a plain brown one with a small brown leather BCFC crest at one end.

I couldn't quite believe it, my 20 yo scarf had multi-colours and a nice crest, she had to buy one online from some bloke in Canada of all places (the scarf guy) and it was cheaper.

• Like 1

I've checked the schedule and I'm not seeing it listed.

Apparently tomorrow, Rinder is making a judgement for some bloke who got a Doris a kebab after a night in the pub and didn't even get cloth-tits, let alone inside tops.

He is expecting his fiver back.

He should have bought a voucher.

I've checked the schedule and I'm not seeing it listed.

Apparently tomorrow, Rinder is making a judgement for some bloke who got a Doris a kebab after a night in the pub and didn't even get cloth-tits, let alone inside tops.

He is expecting his fiver back.

Your use of the word Doris has just made me realise who you are!

What did they expect? Pirates steal your money and run off with it. It's in the job description.

I'm surprised that certain sporting clubs think that a pirate is an appropriate image for them.

• Admin

Absolutely nothing to do with it being a no win situation or having to prove something, it would be a good start to the season, full house instead of 2k or 3k.

And I'd be more than confident of racking up a few goals against that lot.

Another Barnsley or Bradford type performance/result would be very nice.

Walsall performance would suit me.

Just been reading the Gas forum, a lot of talk of 10 million quid in compensation from Sainsbury's.

Is that a contracted amount of compensation, a likely amount or just wishful thinking?

They seem to have a few people in the know regarding the court case. For example, one poster provided useful inside info on the judge;

"It's difficult for her. Sources I cannot reveal have told me that she has recently had a telephone call offering her free shopping for life and a seat in the House of Lords. On the other hand, last week she received a postcard offering 50p off the cost of a pasty when she purchases a cup of tea at an unnamed football stadium."

• Like 3

They seem to have a few people in the know regarding the court case. For example, one poster provided useful inside info on the judge;

"It's difficult for her. Sources I cannot reveal have told me that she has recently had a telephone call offering her free shopping for life and a seat in the House of Lords. On the other hand, last week she received a postcard offering 50p off the cost of a pasty when she purchases a cup of tea at an unnamed football stadium."

A desperate last throw of the dice? That could bankrupt them.

• Like 2

Just been reading the Gas forum, a lot of talk of 10 million quid in compensation from Sainsbury's.

Is that a contracted amount of compensation, a likely amount or just wishful thinking?

Say for one moment that is happening and that is a true figure. I think money like that will be their downfall. Yes they can pay their legal bills but if there is anything much left after paying other bills/loans etc it won't be enough to move. So they are stuck at the Mem. People will be calling for redevelopment. Their facilities are appalling, a couple of million will be easily swallowed up with nothing to show for in an ageing stadium like that, it was about to be bulldozed don't forget.

Will other clubs now be raising their prices for players if the Gas get some money, course they will. What about their current players and staff, I guess they were all on a bonus for getting promotion they might be looking for a bit more too, maybe not in their pay packet as they will be contracted but maybe better hotels away, training facilities etc.

They have always had money through transfers in the past, but always frittered it away, more so than us. I think the same will happen and the fans will get restless. It's one thing being down on our luck in the Conference but another being monied in League Two.

That is what we legal experts call wishful thinking.

What did they expect? Pirates steal your money and run off with it. It's in the job description.

I'm surprised that certain sporting clubs think that a pirate is an appropriate image for them.

It's not just their nick name that fits:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/rover

"A person who spends their time wandering: " from Bristol to Bath, back to a different part of Bristol, to South Glos?....

"they became rovers who departed further and further from civilization" 'nuff said, oxford dictionaries have obviously seen their players!

and

Word Origin

C14: probably from Middle Dutch or Middle Low German, from roven to rob (of a sports ground, either from local rivals as soon as they experience financial difficulties, or from a local rugby club).

• Like 1