IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Any sign of a conclusion to the court case this week? It must be close to the point that UWE will pull the plug anyway if they don't get a clear response from Piggsy.

The first sign will overwhelmingly likely be its listing. If we hear of anything sooner then there's a danger someone, somewhere may have committed a contempt of court.

Any sign of a conclusion to the court case this week? It must be close to the point that UWE will pull the plug anyway if they don't get a clear response from Piggsy.

It's not on tomorrow's provisional list.

I'm not sure if the link has been posted by anybody before or not but if anyone wants to check listings you can go to https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-chancery-judges. The final list for the next day usually appears just after 4:30

From memory I read somewhere that the deadline for Rovers / UWE ends at the end of June, in two weeks.  I guess if that's correct then higgs will be praying for it to time-out because that would let him off the hook of having to deliver a stadium: he can blame sainsburys.

I'm still very suspicious of the June date. It just sounds a bit too fishy. Why June, why tolerate until June, why tolerate litigation but not wait for the answer, what if 15ers get a decision but leave to appeal is granted, what if the order is for compensation which is insigificantly short of build costs (would they allow attempts to secure funding?) etc.

If there is a deadline of June to bring everything to a close and be ready with the first JCB on 1 July, as 15ers suggest, then you have to wonder why. I can only really think of either UWE just want to draw a line in the sand and so an arbitrary date has been agreed or there is some financial issue (increased costs, who's covering, stage payment) and they can't agree who is funding this.

If June is what the 15ers suggest it is it's hard to think how this could possibly be resolved on time. For instance, imagine you have responsibility for this for Sainsbury's and tomorrow the decision lands on your desk (15ers win) and your secretary tells you Higgs is on the phone. Of course you pick up the phone 'Hi Nick, I need to get feedback from the lawyers as to what this decision means and to consider our position. Obviously I want a conference with our barrister, partner solicitor and in house legal team. We want to use the same barrister as he has all the background and knowledge - its unreasonable for us to brief another. Unfortunately everyone is very busy at the moment with other matters and our barrister is working on another case that's been in his diary for a year. But good news is we've scheduled our con for the earliest possible date on 2 July. I'll call you on 3rd and update, ta ta for now'.

Edited by Guest

Assume the June date is to do with how long it will take to get the ground built in time for next season?

So if it goes later it would mean leaving it to the season after?

Has a team ever moved grounds mid season??? 

I thought it was something to do with a deadline from UWE - or am I misremembering...?

Last season Coventry moved back to the Ricoh from Northampton

I thought it was something to do with a deadline from UWE - or am I misremembering...?

I am pretty sure that it was reported as a UWE-imposed deadline after which UWE would pursue other uses of the land ear-marked.

What I find remarkable is how seemingly patient UWE have been up until this crossroads. To get through all of that and then impose a deadline for a date which it's a helluva stretch to expect this to be totally resolved by just makes no sense.

Edited by Guest

The UWE is dead and won't happen the sooner those thick inbreds realise this the better

This cas is about Higgs getting his investment back before he ***** off to Italy nothing more nothing less

Agreed, I can't see there is any way that they will manage to go through with the UWE plans.  They will be at the Mem for quite a while yet and I am actually looking forward to reading about whatever their next bullshit harebrained scheme is!

• Admin

Being pedantic (but I guess of necessity, practice of the law needs to be pedantic) surely "it is vital for the club to know by June" means the start of June? If what was meant was "by the end of June" wouldn't this have made this clear to avoid ambiguity or specified "by July"?

I agree, that is exactly how I read it.

Guess as written above, it's all about lining pockets now

That's relatively polite! not here for a bitch, but look forward to playing you in league 1 season after next. You will have a shiny new stadium - we won't. 

Now come on, how many times have we heard that old chestnut rolled out by you deperate sags over the past, what, 10 / 12 years? Its the only glimmer of hope for the future you have

You have sneaked promotion through the play-offs into the basement league, you will not be getting a new stadium and you will be staying at the dilapitated mem which if your lucky will get a lick of paint or maybe a new tented roof, you are in the most precarious financial position probably in your history which will only get worse once the new stadium bubble bursts and you are financing the running of the club through finance through loan sharks

If I were you, rather than concering myself with what my neigbours are doing, I'd be more concerned I had a club support the season after next!

Now come on, how many times have we heard that old chestnut rolled out by you deperate sags over the past, what, 10 / 12 years? Its the only glimmer of hope for the future you have

You have sneaked promotion through the play-offs into the basement league, you will not be getting a new stadium and you will be staying at the dilapitated mem which if your lucky will get a lick of paint or maybe a new tented roof, you are in the most precarious financial position probably in your history which will only get worse once the new stadium bubble bursts and you are financing the running of the club through finance through loan sharks

If I were you, rather than concering myself with what my neigbours are doing, I'd be more concerned I had a club support the season after next!

Surely that's not a serious comment?  I'll bite though. Think about this: which club is more likely to fail in the division they just got promoted to - the club that ran away with their division and ended-up with 99 points and won a cup on the way and which will be backed financially next season (City) or the club that won promotion through a play-off final penalty shoot-out and will struggle financially next season (rovers)? I know which I'd put my money on.

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are  prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot... 

• Like 1

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are  prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot... 

Prowed