IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So when are the gypsies going to hear about sainsburys?

It doesn't help but the answer is simply once the Court is ready. Whether that is tomorrow, next week, next month or November it's a case of wait and see.

There is no ITK re the Court's next step, and if there is disclose it at your peril, so anything you read or hear it's a safe bet that it's probably guess work unless official.

Edited by Guest

Provisional list for 30 June is out.... no mention of it.

What does this mean for UWE's patience I wonder...

That it has ran out and the ground isn't happening in the meantime rovers win the case and are left homeless while Nick ***** off to Italy with all the money

How a rugby supporter viewed the deal.

Re: Mem redevelopement delayed

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)

12 September, 2013 08:03

Yes, you are right BD, Rovers had ended up playing another season at the Memorial Ground (and come on people it is the Memorial Ground, not 'Stadium' and certainly not the 'Mem').

BristolWelsh, I'm sorry but the acquisition of the ground by Rovers was questionable. I've gone over it a few (!) times but the Chairman (and a couple of others who made loans to the club) refused to let the shareholders of the club see the accounts at the first AGM (and only AGM I think), we were never informed of the deal that essentially gave one party the right to take control of the one physical asset for a nominal sum, he inserted that clause into the deal, and he was a shareholder in Rovers. Then, before you could say 'undeclared conflict of interest' he calls in his loans, puts us into receivership thus activating the clause that allowed Rovers to gain control of our Ground. Plus he recovered all his money from the sale of the Combination ground.

And as for WB's Deed of Trust, that has long been a hopeful rumour but has never been shown to actually exist. I think it is entirely mythical or it would have been produced long before now.

Anyone seen the front page of the Evil Post this morning? It's the Post so I don't believe it for a 2nd but allegedly Nicholas wants to sell Rovers to American investors... will post a link when I find it... :laugh:

Edit: Link here. http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-attracting-interests-American/story-26798512-detail/story.html

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 1

Anyone seen the front page of the Evil Post this morning? It's the Post so I don't believe it for a 2nd but allegedly Nicholas wants to sell Rovers to American investors... will post a link when I find it... :laugh:

Edit: Link here. http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-attracting-interests-American/story-26798512-detail/story.html

I guess Nicholas foray into the middle Eastern Arab Sheikh market drew a blank so he now trying for the rich US market. Honestly it's April Fool's Day every day with regards to the saggers.

• Like 1

Why would Piggs be looking to sell?  They have a "watertight" contract with Sainsbury's that is just about to pay out, a new cash cow ground in the offing,  a huge fan base, the best pitch outside the premier league and have just finished second in the conference.  Why would he possibly want to sell when things are looking so rosy?  

I was oing to

I was going to post that they will all now be giving it big about how they are going to be huge and in the prem in a few years but then I remembered that they say that already.