IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

In all fairness

40k for a one off match doesnt mean that much

If you got that every week then you could call it incredible

So by the same token 26k for a one off match doesn't mean that much either?

In all fairness if we reached the prem I could see us easily pulling in crowds of 30k + each game and easily 40k for the big ones if we had the capicity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-33324808

Higgs trying to create intrigue? Makes me believe, as someone has posted earlier, he's already learned that the Sainsbury's verdict won't go in his favour and he's trying to put some upbeat story out to his many thousands of followers before they shortly get to learn the devastating truth that the contract wasn't watertight after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-33324808

Higgs trying to create intrigue? Makes me believe, as someone has posted earlier, he's already learned that the Sainsbury's verdict won't go in his favour and he's trying to put some upbeat story out to his many thousands of followers before they shortly get to learn the devastating truth that the contract wasn't watertight after all.

The spokesman said the board of directors had "made no secret of their intention" to secure investment in the club.

"If a potential buyer were to approach us with the right offer, made for the right reasons, we would obviously consider this offer," he said.

"At this moment in time there has been no offer. However, this situation may change in the future."

He said the club had a "very clear, ambitious plan to move the club forward" and was "actively looking for new directors with expertise".

They have a "very clear, ambitious plan to move the club forward"?  :rofl2br:  :rofl2br:

"We can see why Bristol Rovers is one of the clubs they were interested in talking to. We have an incredible fan base which is the envy of many clubs.

This makes us an attractive proposition for potential investors."

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3537/hope-higgs-talks-american-investors?page=2#ixzz3eYfjmB26

Jesus Christ, we can see where the sags get their delusion from......straight out of the mouth of Piggsy!!

The massive support base that has only seen them have an average attendance of over 7.5k once since 1979...?!

I think Higgs and co have been taking lessons from Rudolph Hess school of propaganda.  Along with "if you shout a lie loud enough it becomes the truth" they are now using similar diversionary tactics as well. At the end of the second world war the Germans spent a small fortune on making a film that celebrated what they considered to be one of the great military campaigns in their history. they encouraged every citizen to go and see this film whilst the allies were breaking through the front lines and heading towards Berlin. 

It seems to me that this suggestion (which is all it is) of investment from lands far away, is their version of the same tactic, designed to make the unwashed forget about the imminent disaster coming from the courts.

• Admin

And all this talk is off the back of an American being invited to a game and then telling the Post, he hasn't made an offer, no offer is imminent & if he's honest, there's 10 other clubs he's looking out instead. It really was the biggest nothing happening here story of the Summer for the Post.

• Like 1

• Admin

They have a "very clear, ambitious plan to move the club forward"?  :rofl2br:  :rofl2br:

It's a fairly simple plan.

1. Find a billionaire

2. Sell the club.

But they do have a backup plan.

1. Find a consortium of millionaires.

2. Sell the club.

If these both fail then they are stuck with this last plan.

1. Default on loan payments.

2. Enter liquidation.

At what point does Geoff Dunford get his money back?

Doesn't he own something quite important in all of this?

He was paid back when they took out the wonga style loan, I think?

This is a strange one to me. That someone who has vested so much of his life to RagAss is prepared to see them take out a Wonga styled loan to repay him his dues, with all of the associated risks, just doesn't ring true to me. I'm certain that Dunford hadn't put all of his wealth into the club, so why would he have allowed the club that he loves to put themselves into such a perilous position?

Perhaps he knew the likely outcome of the Sainsbury's case was likely to go against them resulting in inevitable administration and the risk to his investment? I guess we'll know soon enough.

As the old saying goes "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story". The result of the court case, one way or the other, should help clarify the situation a bit. ( I stress " a bit")

He's a right ******* spanner old Piggsy!!

Reckon he rolls up to these potential investors telling tales of huge crowds and how Roverzzz are going to rule the world.

Then one of them google a picture of the gorund...

memorial-ground-bristol-rovers-fc-south-

Funny how their 26,000 at Wembley has morphed into 35,000? It will be 50,000 soon no doubt!

Enough close season now, I am officially bored. :blink:

I thought the official Gas following for that match was somewhere around 467,547... Just what i heard. No wonder that Samuelson bloke is marginally interested with a fan base that big i mean imagine if it was around the sort of 26k figure at Wembley? He would have said something like 'i am more interested in taking over Devizes Town'

It's a fairly simple plan.

1. Find a billionaire

2. Sell the club.

But they do have a backup plan.

1. Find a consortium of millionaires.

2. Sell the club.

If these both fail then they are stuck with this last plan.

1. Default on loan payments.

2. Enter liquidation.

Summed it up perfectly, Ian.

Apparently Alexis Tsipras is joining as finance director.

• Like 2

The man behind this supposed 'takeover' is a certain Chris Samuelson - well worth a Google.

I work in Bracknell with a load of Reading fans, they fell of their chairs when this came out, he played a bit part in getting that dodgy Russian involved with Reading that they are still struggling to recover from. Sounds like a perfect fit for me, put that final nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

To be fair, if I was a rich American I'd invest my money in Rovers:

They have a huge fan base, with great potential to grow even bigger

They could have a great new stadium, somewhere near Bristol

They have their famous (not quite unique) quarters

They are nicknamed the pirates

They even have league status

They only have several million in debts

How could there possibly be a better football club to invest in?

erm, actually, I've a few other clubs to consider for my investment........