IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Watched that ep and it put me off the British one it just doesn't work,

They are both pretty crap, and to be honest they must have run their course by now, but you are right, the British one is toe curlingly cringe-worthy....  Where did they dig those numpties up from?  just a bunch of arses looking for a quick bit of fame.

Is there any realistic danger of the Gas not being able to fulfill their fixtures this coming season? Or is the court case with appeals going to rumble on for years and they can carry on trading? When do the Wonga type people want their money back or are they happy to let it be dragged out as interest on the loan stacking up all the time?

I know there are pages and pages on here but I haven't always kept up with things or fully realise what's going on. What I need is a Dummies Guide to Football Clubs in the Poo type thing

Is there any realistic danger of the Gas not being able to fulfill their fixtures this coming season? Or is the court case with appeals going to rumble on for years and they can carry on trading? When do the Wonga type people want their money back or are they happy to let it be dragged out as interest on the loan stacking up all the time?

I know there are pages and pages on here but I haven't always kept up with things or fully realise what's going on. What I need is a Dummies Guide to Football Clubs in the Poo type thing

Don't really think your question can be answered until the outcome of the court case is known.  It really does literally all boil down to that IMHO.  

Lose that and they will be in serious trouble...Win it and all's fine in their little world populated by sky pixies.

Don't really think your question can be answered until the outcome of the court case is known.  It really does literally all boil down to that IMHO.  

Lose that and they will be in serious trouble...Win it and all's fine in their little world populated by sky pixies.

Thankyou. I was wondering if the court decision was going to be made before the start of the season as if the season started and they lost how long would it be before they collapsed and what would happen to all the points the other teams took off them. I haven't heard any mumbles about them not being allowed to start the season

If any team fails to fulfil its fixtures, then all the results are expunged from the record - in effect the league retrospecitvely becomes a 23 team league from the beginning of the season.

Not quite sure how that works with the ruling that all the final fixtures must be played at the same time though - it could potentially give an advantage if the team due to play them on the last day of the season was in the running for one of the promotion/playoff/relegation slots, but I can't see any way to avoid that

Unfortunately RedM uncertainty is what surrounds all this so there's few yes or no's to the questions.

Personally I wouldn't have thought Rovers would be unable to fulfil fixtures. I think they probably would find a knight in shining armour if/when needed if it truly looked like they were going to the wall. But I wouldn't scoff at anyone suggesting otherwise.

Re Court case again this is covered in uncertainty. It could rumble on for years and years but only if the defeated party gets permission to appeal. For that amongst other things they will need to convince Judge Proudman (who heard the case) that they have an arguable point of law re the decision and that there is a reasonable chance of success on appeal. The higher up the Courts system you go the more difficult this can be. If they don't convince her they can petition the Court of Appeal to hear the case. If they do that process will repeat, so if you want to appeal you ask for permission from the Court of Appeal and if they refuse then you go to Supreme Court and ask them to hear the case. There are deadlines for this process and so within a few weeks of the judgment being released it will be known for certain if this is going to appeal or not.

The Court case won't directly impinge their rights to trade, but whether they can commercially is another matter. To be honest there's probably only a handful of people who could answer this and that would only be predictions and projections so again, possibly.

As for Wonga I don't know the date but I have in my mind repayment is due later this year. Again, they might not call in the debt or they might agree a refinance package with Rovers or Rovers could arrange a new package with another lender. You'd expect Rovers are already preparing for this eventuality if there is a danger they may not be able to repay.

Thankyou. I was wondering if the court decision was going to be made before the start of the season as if the season started and they lost how long would it be before they collapsed and what would happen to all the points the other teams took off them. I haven't heard any mumbles about them not being allowed to start the season

Don't think there is any current financial issues for them to worry about.  Wembley final, decent sized crowds last season, season ticket money will be in the bank...they'll be fine. 

Don't think there is any current financial issues for them to worry about.  Wembley final, decent sized crowds last season, season ticket money will be in the bank...they'll be fine.

Not true they are a loss making company the prize money they get for this last season wouldn't even be half of what they got last season

Their gates only picked up towards the end of the season they averaged about 5.5 -6k over the course of the season remember their break even figure is 9k that they admitted theirselves,

Their future is riding on uwe again that's been said in a court of law

Thanks for your replies everybody. Seems there are lots of twist and turns yet. All I know is that I wouldn't like to be a Gas fan right now, the highs of a promotion at Wembley must be a distant memory compared to their immediate future.

Not true they are a loss making company the prize money they get for this last season wouldn't even be half of what they got last season

Their gates only picked up towards the end of the season they averaged about 5.5 -6k over the course of the season remember their break even figure is 9k that they admitted theirselves,

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes).  However, my point still stands.  They have no immediate financial concerns.  

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes).  However, my point still stands.  They have no immediate financial concerns.

Their last financial report stats that the position is cause for concern (so is ours but we have a billionaire they don't)

Honestly if you ask the sensible itk gas heads they all say uwe is shit or bust,

If it doesn't happen they will be in administration they won't fold tho

The other thing to bear in mind is that over the summer months they still have all the expenses normally associated with running a club but hardly any of the income as there are no fixtures. In the 3 months between Wembley and start of the season they could easily have blown through all of that. Season ticket money usually helps to tide clubs over but they were very late to the game releasing theirs. Part of me wonders if that was deliberate for cash flow management.

I think the Wonga loan is the key. Normally if a club / business goes into administration the creditors only get a very small percentage of the money owed, if they are lucky. If they are unlucky they get nothing. There are also rules that state which type of creditor gets paid first, if there is anything to pay. How things develop also depends on whether the directors of the company apply for voluntary administration or whether a creditor beats them to it. This is where the Wonga loan comes in. We know its secured against the ground, but how would it be affected by the club going into administration? Could Mr Hicks have some cunning plan up his sleeve, or might Wonga get in first and call in the receivers?

As for fulfilling the fixtures, if Rovers went into administration and kept Wonga happy, it would mean a points deduction, but they could keep playing.

Of course, if Rovers get some dosh as a result of the court case, everything in the garden is rosey and it's onwards and upwards.

I think the Wonga loan is the key. Normally if a club / business goes into administration the creditors only get a very small percentage of the money owed, if they are lucky. If they are unlucky they get nothing. There are also rules that state which type of creditor gets paid first, if there is anything to pay. How things develop also depends on whether the directors of the company apply for voluntary administration or whether a creditor beats them to it. This is where the Wonga loan comes in. We know its secured against the ground, but how would it be affected by the club going into administration? Could Mr Hicks have some cunning plan up his sleeve, or might Wonga get in first and call in the receivers?

As for fulfilling the fixtures, if Rovers went into administration and kept Wonga happy, it would mean a points deduction, but they could keep playing.

Of course, if Rovers get some dosh as a result of the court case, everything in the garden is rosey and it's onwards and upwards.

football creditors first ie players, everyone else gets what is left

So wonga would be on that list

The compelling thing about it is the bank refuse to lend them more money hence wonga that tells you all you need to know

football creditors first ie players, everyone else gets what is left

So wonga would be on that list

The compelling thing about it is the bank refuse to lend them more money hence wonga that tells you all you need to know

Wonga would actually be one of the very first to be paid.

As they have a charge over the Mem when the Mem comes to be sold they would be the first paid out of those proceeds. Then proceeds would go to fees for selling the Mem and what's left would then go in to the pool for other creditors, including employees.

Agree entirely with the final sentence.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but the fact that the gas dominated Evil has been pumping out stories about how attractive an investment the sags are, makes me suspect the club has had a sight of the findings of Judge Prowedman and the news isn't good.

Softening them up for the bad news I think it's called.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but the fact that the gas dominated Evil has been pumping out stories about how attractive an investment the sags are, makes me suspect the club has had a sight of the findings of Judge Prowedman and the news isn't good.

There are strict rules when you get a draft judgment about disclosure and acting in reliance on the judgment before it is in the public domain but if they can satisfy themselves that they are not falling foul of that - we would've done this anyway - could be right.

Edited by Guest

In the past if they wanted to bury a bit of bad news or take back some limelight from us if we had good news they would spout out plans for a move or stadium redevelopment...they can hardly do that right now can they!

Only gossip, but the wife of a friend works in the offices at the UWE, heard that the powers that be are no longer interested in the Rovers relocating there. In fact it's fairly common knowledge there that they want an end to this asap. They want to develop the site for educational use, not footie.

Edited by Frenchay Red