IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Ah, no you are absolutely bang on. I was picking up on the 'done nothing wrong legally' comment in relation to dragging their heels. I suppose the point there is again it turns on the contract and really what it required of Sainsburys. Their delays could in the circumstances be reasonable, so no compo even if they were heel-dragging.

That's why predictions aren't really worth making, I'd say even of those who went along to watch. Simply because you really need to have the contract, read it cover to cover and get the themes and the essence of 'ok what did the parties actually agree to here' because the Courts will rarely infer or imply terms. Largely, it is what it is.

Explains why it's such a laborious task making judgment. If complex it's not a case of listening to what's presented in Court and getting a feeling. She may be painstakingly going through the contract, evidence of negotiations leading there, correspondence after etc. To a Rovers fan it might feel like it's taken ages but there's an unthinkable amount of work to do... And then write the damn thing, all the meanwhile juggling other cases.

You are correct. I know people that worked on the case and I can tell you that no one has a scooby which way this will go.

My inkling is that this is a messy case tho and I suspect neither party will get what they want in totality.

So has there got to be a winner here or could there be a compromise where both sides get to save face? I'm thinking to get this far, go through this court case, and that all avenues of mediation and negotiation have been explored, so winner takes all?

So has there got to be a winner here or could there be a compromise where both sides get to save face? I'm thinking to get this far, go through this court case, and that all avenues of mediation and negotiation have been explored, so winner takes all?

No compensation will be decide at this stage redm,

This case is about whether sainsburys can legally terminate their contract with the gas,

Yes and no money will change hands

No and they will have to go through another court case to decide compensation etc.......

This is just the beginning of a very long and drawn out process and don't be surprised if this rumbles on for a few years

Shoot me down if you wish, but will there ever be a day when rovers aren't discussed in so much detail on this forum?  I can't be the only one who feels sick of seeing their name seemingly glued to the pages of OTIB for almost 2 years now.  Sorry, I just had to say it and get it off my chest!!!

Shoot me down if you wish, but will there ever be a day when rovers aren't discussed in so much detail on this forum?  I can't be the only one who feels sick of seeing their name seemingly glued to the pages of OTIB for almost 2 years now.  Sorry, I just had to say it and get it off my chest!!!

Hopefully a day will come, the day they go bust.

Until then I'm enjoying the constant piss taking.

• Like 1

There's plenty of other threads to check in on. The one that is dedicated to them, to appease people who got fed up with several threads, quite clearly will contain detailed discussion. It's in the only place for it to go, the football section, because when there was a 'BCFC Only' forum people complained that there was no general football chat within.

Not really sure why you despair, or indeed compounded the despair by contributing to having the thread 'glued to page one of OTIB'...

And I'm not being funny, but in the past two years you've had the slide to relegation, them playing in the Conference and then this whole saga in between. God knows why you're surprised people are laughing and chipping in?!

Edited by Guest

• Admin

Hate seeing their name anywhere - but as 29AR alluded to, it's been one hell of a piss take the past few years!!

For those of us around for many years, will remember being on the end of stick (1990's) so it's nice to enjoy their current demise

• Like 2

Hate seeing their name anywhere - but as 29AR alluded to, it's been one hell of a piss take the past few years!!

For those of us around for many years, will remember being on the end of stick (1990's) so it's nice to enjoy their current demise

Indeed, for anyone at school in the late 80s early 90s it was a bloody nightmare and I attended one in north Bristol.

This is where my utter dislike for them stems from even though they continue to be pretty much irrelevant to us these days.

• Like 5

I like to think that I can learn something everyday, I don't close my mind off to many things. This thread has been a piss take yes, but for me has been an education about law, courts, business etc. Yes it happens to be about our lesser neighbours but could apply to any business, but as it has been about them I've taken an interest and people have answered the dumb questions I've asked with good grace, thank you.

It's your right not to be interested about them, but we really have tried to put all the threads in this one and people have posted in here too. Basically it's easy to avoid if you don't want to read or contribute, just don't click on it!

• Like 1

So it's likely to drag-on for months and months?

Again probably too many uncertainties to say anything is likely, for example internally both might not have any appetite to appeal any further or they may not even get leave to. But it doesn't take much creative thinking to see that this could rumble on as Monkeh says for significantly longer than months and months...

Again probably too many uncertainties to say anything is likely, for example internally both might not have any appetite to appeal any further or they may not even get leave to. But it doesn't take much creative thinking to see that this could rumble on as Monkeh says for significantly longer than months and months...

I would have thought this was unlikely though purely down to the fact that the gas are unlikely to be able to afford anymore litigation or take out any more Wonga loans. Unless you know of any lawyers prepared to do it pro bono :)

I like to think that I can learn something everyday, I don't close my mind off to many things. This thread has been a piss take yes, but for me has been an education about law, courts, business etc. Yes it happens to be about our lesser neighbours but could apply to any business, but as it has been about them I've taken an interest and people have answered the dumb questions I've asked with good grace, thank you.

It's your right not to be interested about them, but we really have tried to put all the threads in this one and people have posted in here too. Basically it's easy to avoid if you don't want to read or contribute, just don't click on it!

Come on though, don't you get fed up with seeing the words Basement ' ROVERS' in the first page every day???

I loathe them so much, I'd much prefer they didn't even exist.

Edited by reddogkev

Well I think I've made one prediction throughout, that we get a decision this week based upon the Guardian article, and that was wrong!

Not listed for tomorrow.

I would have thought this was unlikely though purely down to the fact that the gas are unlikely to be able to afford anymore litigation or take out any more Wonga loans. Unless you know of any lawyers prepared to do it pro bono :)

I know he loves charity but not even Bono would help the Gas. ;)

Indeed, for anyone at school in the late 80s early 90s it was a bloody nightmare and I attended one in north Bristol.

This is where my utter dislike for them stems from even though they continue to be pretty much irrelevant to us these days.

Bang on, if you don't know why we take the p*ss out of Rovers you are either too young to remember when they hand the upper hand in the derbies or you are so old you remember going to Ashton one week and Eastville the next. I went to school in East Bristol in the mid 80s to early 90s and it was relentless until the tide started to turn.

• Like 1

Bang on, if you don't know why we take the p*ss out of Rovers you are either too young to remember when they hand the upper hand in the derbies or you are so old you remember going to Ashton one week and Eastville the next. I went to school in East Bristol in the mid 80s to early 90s and it was relentless until the tide started to turn.

I am that old, and I love taking the piss out the the Gas. Doesn't mean I hate them though - I'm a grownup.

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 1

My boss is a gashead and earlier in the year he was talking to somebody about NLBR (as they were then) and I heard him mention that "I shouldn't talk about Rovers should I, BS2 Red hates them", quick as a flash I replied "I don't hate Rovers, I just feel sorry for them".

The look of pain on his face when he realised I pitied them was far better than saying I hated them.  :rofl2br:

And yes he refers to me by my forum username. ;) 

My boss is a gashead and earlier in the year he was talking to somebody about NLBR (as they were then) and I heard him mention that "I shouldn't talk about Rovers should I, BS2 Red hates them", quick as a flash I replied "I don't hate Rovers, I just feel sorry for them".

The look of pain on his face when he realised I pitied them was far better than saying I hated them. :rofl2br:

And yes he refers to me by my forum username. ;)

Whenever I get asked if I support City or Rovers, I used to say 'I think I remember a club called Rovers, didn't they used to play in the football league?' however now I just say 'I support City, I've never heard of Bristol Rovers' and that usually gets the response I'm after!