IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

It certainly won't be a 'not sure' that's a given, but it might not be as cut and dried as a yes or no.

You are quite right if you look at it black and white, based upon reports, Sainsburys brought the case and asked the court to confirm the contract has lapsed. But I thought I read that Rovers have launched a counter claim for damages in the instance that the contract is not binding. If that is the case then it brings in the wider issues around conduct in the instance the contract doesn't exist.  

That's why I'm not sure there is too much really in Sainsburys taking the case and not Rovers. All that really means is Sainsburys filed their papers before Rovers did, not to be confused with Rovers not suing Sainsbury's. Why Sainsbury's filed first might be something of interest...

Ah OK, I didn't realise there was a counter claim, although it makes sense in the circumstances. So it turns out the law isn't all that straightforward then. Who knew?!

Any local pubs showing the game live?

Gut feel on this one will be some compensation to Rovers, but way below the cost of the ground.

Complete guess, and we will see!

I am pretty sure that under contract law you can only claim your losses so it will be all or nothing for Rovers and if it's nothing then Sainsburys will have won and can claim their losses in court costs against Rovers and they don't come cheap.

So, apologies for asking something that is likely covered somewhere in this thread, but if this whole thing goes against the blue few on Monday; what is the likely impact on them as a club?

I figured it might be good to get some kind of approximated summary here now that everything is reaching a head.

Guessing it's probably not a apocalyptic as suggested (and perhaps hoped) by some, but equally I'm aware that they seem to have placed a significant number of their eggs into this basket, so am interested in how that plays once the judgement is handed down.

Sorry if it has been covered; just a lot of (very interesting, don't get me wrong) legal information here, so wondered about the impact beyond that.

So, apologies for asking something that is likely covered somewhere in this thread, but if this whole thing goes against the blue few on Monday; what is the likely impact on them as a club?

I figured it might be good to get some kind of approximated summary here now that everything is reaching a head.

Guessing it's probably not a apocalyptic as suggested (and perhaps hoped) by some, but equally I'm aware that they seem to have placed a significant number of their eggs into this basket, so am interested in how that plays once the judgement is handed down.

Sorry if it has been covered; just a lot of (very interesting, don't get me wrong) legal information here, so wondered about the impact beyond that.

Fingers crossed they go bust, then bang goes their only 'jibe' BCFC82LTD

Fingers crossed they go bust, then bang goes their only 'jibe' BCFC82LTD

True, but that jibe has been easily countered by the presentation of the fact that we have won more since 1982 than they have since 1883.

A 100 year head start and yet they are still firmly in our shadow

• Like 2

True, but that jibe has been easily countered by the presentation of the fact that we have won more since 1982 than they have since 1883.

That's exactly what I tell them but Gashead being a Gashead still can't grasp that, just be nice to put it to bed once and for all. :fingerscrossed:

According to the Tony Watola it could be catastrophic apparently

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Club-tells-court-catastrophe/story-26533487-detail/story.html

Edited by Guest

I'm sure Tony Watola and the club have some robust contingency plans in place should the case go against them.

Oh - wait a minute - he was the chap who didn't plan for relegation to the conference and it took him totally by surprise.

What's 1883 got to do with anything - they're the 15ers, aren't they?

• Like 1