IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

In fairness though the blue few are not exactly famous for their ability to tell the truth

Quite, I can believe it this time though.

Surely it's not long until the Memorial Stadium is going to need some quite substantial repairs and upkeep, Wonga to repay, running costs...

Don't get me wrong I don't think we'll be looking at a collapse, but unless there's some angel in the wings or the Directors are willing to pump in some cash I can believe they'd be on the razor's edge of a Darlington/Stockport esque decline.

Edited by Guest

Surely it's not long until the Memorial Stadium is going to need some quite substantial repairs and upkeep, Wonga to repay, running costs...

Don't get me wrong I don't think we'll be looking at a collapse, but unless there's some angel in the wings or the Directors are willing to pump in some cash I can believe they'd be on the razor's edge of a Darlington/Stockport esque decline.

Fingers crossed then

Last time I went there for the rugby, I couldn't believe how tatty and dilapidated it all seemed. Even the "newer" stand looks grim.

• Like 1

Thanks  for that BCL.

Having followed this thread, and particularly the informed comments of the likes of 29AR and yourself, my instinct is scenario 3 (Sainsbury's win) is extremely unlikely, to the point we can basically rule it out.

A Rovers win, in the form of max. compensation, in your 'win big'  no. 3 scenario will be the most likely outcome, whether it should be, or they truly deserve it, or not.

Unfortunately they always somehow wangle their way out of the road to well deserved oblivion, whether it's fluking a promotion or stealing someone else's ground. Just when you feel their permanent demise must surely be happily inevitable they somehow find the extreme good fortune to wheedle their way out of it.

This won't be any different, just like before the play off final I'm resigned to them winning and coming out smelling of roses - anything else which leaves Higgs and co. stymied, and Rovers in permanent disarray would be too good to be true - but I've long ago accepted that it's simply not going to happen.

Maybe Monday the luck runs out.... :fingerscrossed:

I suspect it will a legal and financial compromise. If there was a clear breach of contract by either party I can't imagine it would have taken so long to arrive at a judgement. So no winners and no losers IMO. Though financially it will almost certainly hurt the ex non league team.

I suspect it will a legal and financial compromise. If there was a clear breach of contract by either party I can't imagine it would have taken so long to arrive at a judgement. So no winners and no losers IMO. Though financially it will almost certainly hurt the ex non league team.

I don't think there is much (or any) significance in the time taken, but I could be wrong.

It does seem we can rule out the contract expressly dealing with this scenario so she will be referring to the contract as a whole and evidence of negotiations and correspondence to try to ascertain what would the agreement have said if this was contemplated. Then marry that with the parties' conduct. BCL referred to the mounds of evidence submitted when he went along. She has/had a hell of a job and I've not responded to them (and I'm not directing at you) but remarks of an easy life and golf days for the judiciary, generally, are way wide of the mark nowadays

She was in Court in the interim too. In order to pay that case attention and give it a proper hearing she'll be carrying out research and reviewing documents in that case. One case had her in for a second hearing too so that could have been complex.

I gotta be honest I think she's delivering in pretty good time.

Edited by Guest

I don't think there is much (or any) significance in the time taken, but I could be wrong.

It does seem we can rule out the contract expressly dealing with this scenario so she will be referring to the contract as a whole and evidence of negotiations and correspondence to try to ascertain what would the agreement have said if this was contemplated. Then marry that with the parties' conduct. BCL referred to the mounds of evidence submitted when he went along. She has/had a hell of a job and I've not responded to them (and I'm not directing at you) but remarks of an easy life and golf days for the judiciary, generally, are way wide of the mark nowadays

She was in Court in the interim too. In order to pay that case attention and give it a proper hearing she'll be carrying out research and reviewing documents in that case. One case had her in for a second hearing too so that could have been complex.

I gotta be honest I think she's delivering in pretty good time.

errr......any chance of laymens terms or in a nutshell type thread please m'lud

errr......any chance of laymens terms or in a nutshell type thread please m'lud

Basically the judge hasn't been idle, or having it bang off.

She's been putting in the time to consider all aspects of the evidence and paying close attention to the contract details.

Then she's gone shopping!