IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They expect to win but not get a full amount. The money will be spent on the Memorial Ground.

But then who knows, only the judge I guess.

I've been told, by a totally unreliable source (a gashead) that Aldi or Lidl are waiting to step in if Sainsbury's falls through. No idea if there's any truth in it, nor do I really give a s**t but said gashead (yes, there are still a few) seems confident that this is their plan 'B'.

I've been told, by a totally unreliable source (a gashead) that Aldi or Lidl are waiting to step in if Sainsbury's falls through. No idea if there's any truth in it, nor do I really give a s**t but said gashead (yes, there are still a few) seems confident that this is their plan 'B'.

No chance Aldi or Lidl will pay 30 Million for the Mem.  Even if they did, It would leave a significant funding gap. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 1

I've been told, by a totally unreliable source (a gashead) that Aldi or Lidl are waiting to step in if Sainsbury's falls through. No idea if there's any truth in it, nor do I really give a s**t but said gashead (yes, there are still a few) seems confident that this is their plan 'B'.

They wouldn't pay the same big bucks as Sainsburys if they were.

And, of course, there's the Wonga loan to repay.

I've been told, by a totally unreliable source (a gashead) that Aldi or Lidl are waiting to step in if Sainsbury's falls through. No idea if there's any truth in it, nor do I really give a s**t but said gashead (yes, there are still a few) seems confident that this is their plan 'B'.

Typical delusional gashead. Lidl have applied for planning permission to build a store on the old Ford garage on Muller Road. As this is only approx 1/2 mile away, nobody is going to want to build a supermarket on Filton Avenue.

Typical delusional gashead. Lidl have applied for planning permission to build a store on the old Ford garage on Muller Road. As this is only approx 1/2 mile away, nobody is going to want to build a supermarket on Filton Avenue.

I wonder is ikea need a storage depot?

I get the rivalry but why anyone would want a supermarket chain to win a court case against a football club is beyond me. I hope Sainsburys lose. 

I'd completely agree if it wasn't for the memorial ground. It is a memorial and so should remain a sports pitch and ground. I'd never wish the gas to go bust

That rather blows what I was told out of the water then! Obviously more gas fuelled bulls**t. Quelle surprise.

Out of interest, would the Wonga loan be classed as 'associated costs' therefore paid by Sainsbury's if the gas win in court? If not, there must surely be a funding shortfall even if they did win?

That rather blows what I was told out of the water then! Obviously more gas fuelled bulls**t. Quelle surprise.

Out of interest, would the Wonga loan be classed as 'associated costs' therefore paid by Sainsbury's if the gas win in court? If not, there must surely be a funding shortfall even if they did win?

I very much doubt it,

The reason for the loan isn't public knowledge but at a guess it was to cover running costs til the end of the season, there were a full time pro club at non-league level but still budgeting for league football,

The difference in terms of finances between the two leagues is massive, think prem and championship just on a much smaller scale

I very much doubt it,

The reason for the loan isn't public knowledge but at a guess it was to cover running costs til the end of the season, there were a full time pro club at non-league level but still budgeting for league football,

The difference in terms of finances between the two leagues is massive, think prem and championship just on a much smaller scale

That makes perfect sense Monkeh but I thought the loan was taken in order to pay for the court case making it an associated cost? I'm probably wrong, as usual tbh.