IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Not particularly surprised. Said at the time it sounded like Sainsburys had some good angles and arguments, but didn't commit as not knowing the contract terms and what that required it was no more than a guess anyway.

That is a catastrophic result for them. How could they afford an appeal?

The longer they keep believing this....."Bristol Rovers is a fantastic football club, with a proud tradition and a fan-base envied by dozens of clubs higher up the football league, and which deserves a home that is fit-for-purpose.".......the more they will continue to struggle.

• Like 1

Lets all laugh at Rovers Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahajajajhahahahahahahahahhhahahhhahahah

I've sent Radio Brizzle a request to play Higgs & Co a certain Boomtown Rats song......

...followed by the Carpenters - Rainy Days & Mondays.

Second verse could've been written for Mr Higgs... (except we all know 'something' is always wrong when it comes to the Gas Disaster mob) ...

Equally the final verse - ' Hanging around nothing to do but frown rainy days and Mondays .... etc' - usually after the weekend results, today is a new low...

GOODNIGHT IRENE!

First, i think its appalling that big business can treat the little guys this way.

Second, couldn't have happened to a nicer club and if it had to be anyone i'm glad it was them.

Should wait and read the judgment before presumptions about how Sainsbury's have acted... after all the Court found they legitimately could terminate the contract.

Here is the slightly bizarre final paragraph. Mrs Justice Proudman seems to be anticipating an appeal thee so could be more to come.

*Photo won't upload so here is the wording:

"Accordingly I find that Sainsbury's must succeed because of the construction of Schedule 1 to the Agreement [2.11] which seems to me to be an insuperable barrier to the Club. If this is wrong (and I do not think it is), I find that the Club must succeed.

Edited by BrightCiderLife