IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Have to say that while some will revel in this news, I can't help but think that I would never trust the justice system when it comes to corporate issues like this.

Celebrating this would feel like celebrating justice for those with the biggest wallets.

However, if true justice has been served then that is good news and I'm off to Sainsburys.

Do you really class them as rivals? I'm of the opinion that in the long term, it would be better if Bristol only had one team, I wouldn't expect any hardcore sags to swap sides if they were to go under, but long term, it would help with support and sponsorship.

If we started having 100+ page threads about other teams I'd probably agree, or sell out for a 1st round JPT game, but we don't. We're far enough ahead that realistically do we lose out on any sponsorship?

Sorry i'll take the piss out of r*vers at any opportunity, but this is frankly a terrible decision for our City.

**** em, they laughed like **** when we got told we could not build the new stadium.

They also were moving out of the City of Bristol don't forget!

• Like 1

From their forum:

Presumably then there is no compensation or anything, despite the clear shenanigans of the Sainsbury's management in this whole debacle.
It really does seem then that a big company can lie and pretend to be wanting to do one thing whilst all the time doing the complete opposite!

Perhaps we now need to find a way to mobilise the whole football supporting public to stop using Sainsbury's.

Yeah the whole football world is going to change supermarket because the 15ers can't manage to draw up a decent contract.  :rofl2br:

Oh how they laughed about Ashton Vale ...

Always sad when things don't work out, they really shouldn't have laughed at us, because we always had a bloody good plan B.... The reality can be viewed in real life right now, its happening.

Oh dear sadly the Gas only have Gas bills to pay and crumpled paper plans to wipes their asses with.

What are the Gas options now then??.... Maybe rent out the Mem to a circus and chat up Bitton with a view to a groundshare agreement in South Glos.?

Should wait and read the judgment before presumptions about how Sainsbury's have acted... after all the Court found they legitimately could terminate the contract.

I think we all know they dragged their heels and didn't do much to aid with the process, i'm pretty sure Sainsbury's basically admitted in court they could've told rovers much earlier they wanted out etc etc.

The rovers statement (albeit slated to their side) states that Sainsbury's acted in bad faith and i'd probably agree.

However.... That said i'm not arguing they did anything illegal and a judge has ruled they didn't but its an example of the moral flexibility of big corporations who are only looking after share price and not doing whats 'right' or 'fair'.

As i said, hilarious who it happened too!

Their club statement in post #1360 is just so funny. So Sainsburys let Bristol down? They managed to get 'proud' in there, but clearly a typo and they 'deserve a home that is fit for purpose'

The gift that just keeps giving...and giving

Henburygas proven wrong yet again, that guy is worse the kachina

Actually, I think his latest post might have a semblance of truth.

Didn't the Wonga type company have the ground as security against their loan? Wasn't the loan used to fund the legal costs?

Think the ground is, therefore, at risk unless the Directors stump up the cash.

Sorry i'll take the piss out of r*vers at any opportunity, but this is frankly a terrible decision for our City.

But does Bristol really need 2 20k+ stadiums?

With 27k AG and a new arena you have to ask yourself do we need a 3rd venue? 

I agree Bristol has been severely held back but i fail to see really what 2 20k+ stadiums unless both teams are playing at least championship football.

Without questions Sainsbury's acted in bad faith, agree with the other posts about the big boy shitting on the little boy as usual.

Karma for 82 and Ashton Vale

:clapping:

We could have been in much the same situation only our people saw the way the retail market was going and swerved the problem, well done and Thankyou. The Gas took a gamble against the Bigger Boys and lost. They were happy to jump into bed with them and must face the consequences of now being kicked out.

Meanwhile we are tearing down a stand they can only dream about having.

• Like 1

Here is the slightly bizarre final paragraph. Mrs Justice Proudman seems to be anticipating an appeal thee so could be more to come.

*Photo won't upload so here is the wording:

"Accordingly I find that Sainsbury's must succeed because of the construction of Schedule 1 to the Agreement [2.11] which seems to me to be an insuperable barrier to the Club. If this is wrong (and I do not think it is), I find that the Club must succeed.

There ma be a little bit of wriggle room there for the Gash but then that surely leaves it open to an appeal by Sainsburys should the Gash appeal and win. Then it will go on ad infinitum.

Have to say that while some will revel in this news, I can't help but think that I would never trust the justice system when it comes to corporate issues like this.

Celebrating this would feel like celebrating justice for those with the biggest wallets.

However, if true justice has been served then that is good news and I'm off to Sainsburys.

I can appreciate and understand why you would feel this way. To play devil's advocate if you agree a deal and part of that deal includes termination dates, to not give effect to those would commit you to an agreement you never agreed to be bound by in the very first place. There's plenty of reasoning for a cut off term - protects against equipment and price inflation, wage inflation, tying up your money etc. To not give effect to them it is unfair if it was part of the bargain.

Equally I can understand 'well yeah, but what about someone dragging their feet'. Well.... why didn't you have a contract term protecting against that? Is that then a different deal... was a termination date really a get out clause anyway and that was part of the deal agreed?

They might appeal but unless they can find new evidence it not get them very far will it? I guess they are basically potless now and have loans and legal bills to pay or extend. Got to feel a tiny bit for their fans but will enjoy seeing smug lardyarse Higgs face the music.

Not necessarily. It's quite different from a criminal process whereby evidence is put to a jury and they decide the facts, which are then presumed to be correct. Because its a case of interpreting provisions etc they may be able to convince an appeal court that a term had a particular effect without new evidence.