IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

We should have some shirts made up. Fair play sainsburys.

Is it too late now for BS to introduce another strip for this season..

' Carrier bag' ORANGE would be my colour choice..

Mr Highs (sorry I mean Higgs :) ) face it, you've been Tango'd ... and the future ain't looking too bright!

Edited by WhistleHappy

There ma be a little bit of wriggle room there for the Gash but then that surely leaves it open to an appeal by Sainsburys should the Gash appeal and win. Then it will go on ad infinitum.

From here the next step is the Court of Appeal and then if any party wants to appeal that decision the next and final stop would be the Supreme Court, so there is a final step. Of course there could be Sainsburys v Bristol Rovers (No. 2) on a different legal matter but relating to the same contract

From here the next step is the Court of Appeal and then if any party wants to appeal that decision the next and final stop would be the Supreme Court, so there is a final step. Of course there could be Sainsburys v Bristol Rovers (No. 2) on a different legal matter but relating to the same contract

You have a much better understanding of the legal process than me; how long do you believe it would take for the Gash to launch an appeal and get it to court?

I have to say, 29AR, your knowledge of these matters has been very helpful throughout this case.

Cheers ! :chant6ez:

• Like 1

You have a much better understanding of the legal process than me; how long do you believe it would take for the Gash to launch an appeal and get it to court?

No idea really pal. As the good post Big Brother copied across said with Court vacation it may not be any time soon. This hearing was fast tracked and depending upon how UWE respond to this there may be no need to fast track the next (if any)....

Just back from the court. 

7-8 Gasheads in attendance, 1 sh*thead, and Alistair Durdan. No other representation. 

The verdict was passed down - literally from the judge in the form of a report. The Sh*t had just finished training for the bar, so he gave us all a steer on the outcome. Basically she finds in Salisbury favor. A guidance on Schedule 1 (2.11) was given that she felt that this clause was not satisfied. The clause relates to planning permission for the buyer (Sainsburys) had to obtain, and from my quick assessment involved the stop dates that were not met. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3580/high-court-decision-due-monday?page=8#ixzz3flacamWl

My only glee in this is that the mem remains this day a sporting venue. Kind of makes me wonder if Karma is true. My wish is that one day the mem returns to being a ground dedicated to the rugby players of Bristol. Its hard to see Bristol returning but my hope is that Rugby somehow gets its mitts back on the ground. I see this decision not a kick in the teeth for Bristol in anyway but a result for at least today for the mem

• Like 1

"There is little doubt that the Agreement is tortuously, laboriously and in some respects badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it. However I have to decide what it means."

Watertight indeed.

Edit: Ill refer you Tom to a big thread about moderators ;-)

Edited by Sydneybcfc

Just back from the court. 

7-8 Gasheads in attendance, 1 sh*thead, and Alistair Durdan. No other representation. 

The verdict was passed down - literally from the judge in the form of a report. The Sh*t had just finished training for the bar, so he gave us all a steer on the outcome. Basically she finds in Salisbury favor. A guidance on Schedule 1 (2.11) was given that she felt that this clause was not satisfied. The clause relates to planning permission for the buyer (Sainsburys) had to obtain, and from my quick assessment involved the stop dates that were not met. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3580/high-court-decision-due-monday?page=8#ixzz3flacamWl

Okay I would pay extortionate amounts of money to see the 15'ers faces in court when the judge gave the verdict.