IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just back from the court. 

7-8 Gasheads in attendance, 1 sh*thead, and Alistair Durdan. No other representation. 

The verdict was passed down - literally from the judge in the form of a report. The Sh*t had just finished training for the bar, so he gave us all a steer on the outcome. Basically she finds in Salisbury favor. A guidance on Schedule 1 (2.11) was given that she felt that this clause was not satisfied. The clause relates to planning permission for the buyer (Sainsburys) had to obtain, and from my quick assessment involved the stop dates that were not met. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3580/high-court-decision-due-monday?page=8#ixzz3flacamWl

I love the fact that despite the fact the City fan was explaining to them what was happening, they are still 'sh*t'

Sums them up, if the person was there to take the piss I'd get it

******* morons

• Like 2

I've had a bit of a read over the judgment and it all turns on whether had to appeal the planning permission to get one inline with that both sides agreed in the agreement. The way the contract worked was that if after a year from the date at which the last of all the planning permissions (at UWE and for the new store) those permissions were not adequate (the contract specified the terms both sides needed to make it viable) the contract could be terminated. The hearing hinged on whether Sainsbury's had the right to terminate as both sides agreed that what they did to terminate was valid, Rovers just said S weren't right to do so. The reason Rovers said that was because Sainsbury's didn't appeal the planning permission to change it and instead let the clock run so that the year would elapse and the contract terminate. The contract specified in what circumstances Sainsbury's were obliged to appeal, the most important of which was that if Planning Counsel (an expert lawyer in such matters) said it had a 60% or better of succeeding they had to appeal. In his opinion the chances of success were only 55%. Therefore, Sainsbury's were not obliged to appeal and were within their rights not to. As the contract made this clear, failing to appeal does not amount to bad faith at law (what we each may think of it is for us to decide) and Sainsbury's had the right to terminate which they did. They acted in accordance with the rights they agreed with Rovers. Costs and leave for appeal were both adjourned so there is still more to come but nothing quite as significant as this. After Tesco took the Tote End and Sainsbury's took the UWE I don't know which I prefer! I feel a new song should we ever play again after all their talk of boycotting various supermarkets: "We're Bristol City, we shop where we want!"

• Like 7

After Tesco took the Tote End and Sainsbury's took the UWE I don't know which I prefer! I feel a new song should we ever play again after all their talk of boycotting various supermarkets: "We're Bristol City, we shop where we want!"

BCL........ I really love you!

• Like 1

Can we now have a two day limit for further comment on Rovers and get back to focussing on our own club and what real football is all about. Silence about Rovers could be as deafening as the million comments made over the past 14 months!

And not laugh at the drawn out fall out, ending in administration. I think you over estimate their chances of this not getting much, much worse.

Remind us of that...?

What did he tweet

"Haha u SHITHEADS a change is coming UTG"

I believe it was along the lines of predicting a positive week on and off the field for Bristol Rovers caveated with no inside knowledge.