IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Reading the judgement I don't think rovers have any cause for appeal, the judgement seems to be correct and sainsburys did everything within the terms of the contract to get the store off the ground,

Rovers signed up to it they can't now say it's unfair, that should of been sorted before the contract was signed,

Incompetent at board level

this one made me laugh

I personally won't ever visit a Sainsbury's Supermarket or petrol station ever again. I hope 30,000 of you lot never do either.

They get better..

mjhgas

Reserve Team

star_yellow.pngstar_yellow.pngstar_yellow.png

c6fIyvbPPO3AI60KH0Wl.gif

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 201 posts
Post by mjhgas on 28 minutes ago
I'll be using my Nectar points on my last visit to Emersons Green.

I'll will also re-finance my car loan and change my car insurance.

Customer loyalty - they can **** off!

• Like 2

• Admin

Reading the judgement I don't think rovers have any cause for appeal, the judgement seems to be correct and sainsburys did everything within the terms of the contract to get the store off the ground,

Rovers signed up to it they can't now say it's unfair, that should of been sorted before the contract was signed,

Incompetent at board level

Agree with you on this, it is pretty clear cut reading the pdf of the outcome

I'll give it 6 months tops before people get fed up driving an extra 10-20mins to the supermarket each week and go crawling back to their local sainsburys.

If there is one thing in the human spirit you can rely on its laziness. 

And money - if its closer and/or cheaper that'll save a few pennies which will help them buy even more to stuff their faces.

• Admin

There is a guy on the Made in Bristol facebook page saying he's never going to shop in Sainsburys again, on the ITV Westcountry page says its' no problem as they'll be in league 1 next season playing City . . .. . nothing that odd with that maybe, but the idiot is pictured in a Liverpool kit !!!

I'll give it 6 months tops before people get fed up driving an extra 10-20mins to the supermarket each week and go crawling back to their local sainsburys.

If there is one thing in the human spirit you can rely on its laziness. 

I was going to argue with you about that statement, but I just can't be arsed

• Like 2

I can understand their frustration, but really I can only echo what others have already said. How on earth would a small backwater football club compete with one of the largest retail giants in the western world? As has been mentioned sainsburys provably contract a whole team of the slimiest lawyers going specifically to deal with these legal wrangles - particularly considering their experiencing continual decline in profits.

Furthermore, the UWE stadium was a complete con anyway. How can you call it the UWE stadium when only two UWE sports teams were allowed to use it for one game a year? It was always going to be the Bristol Rovers stadium @ UWE. And on that subject, a stadium that would be consistently half empty would send them the way of the likes of Darlington!

In all, whilst it is disappointing for Bristol that a second national class sports facility isn't being built, it is most pleasing that Rovers are definitely not getting one and will be spending another few years at Bristol premier non league standard cabbage patch.

Made in Bristol TV channel Facebook page, check out this beauty -

This shows that supermarkets are not about building communities they are about making huge profits. The way they have treated farmers over the years shows their true colours. Rotten to the core.

Made in Bristol TV channel Facebook page, check out this beauty -

This shows that supermarkets are not about building communities they are about making huge profits. The way they have treated farmers over the years shows their true colours. Rotten to the core.

They are no different then any other business, they want to buy cheap and sell high to make maximum profit,

While the farmers don't get treated well, but again it's the farmers fault, for everyone that refuse to deal with a supermarket another one will appear and undercut them,

If they all refused to sell to the supermarket then the problem wouldn't exist but they do

"Bristol Rovers is a fantastic football club, with a proud tradition and a fan-base envied by dozens of clubs higher up the football league, and which deserves a home that is fit-for-purpose.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Breaking-news-Bristol-Rovers-lose-crucial/story-26891154-detail/story.html#ixzz3fltB03Vm
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

The arrogance of their club is astonishing. Who exactly are these dozens of clubs higher up the league that are envious of Roverzzz prowed tradition and fan base?? They are basically implying that they have a prouder tradition and better fan base than every club in League One!

Laughable.

It's this kind of arrogance that will no doubt see them waste further money on an appeal, despite the fact that very few succeed in the Court of Appeal.

• Like 3