IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

In a minority I know. I want to laugh. I really do. Its them over the road.

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

You're right.

You are in the minority.

• Like 4

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

You always were all heart....not a bad thing....

Fact is I never used to dislike them with the vehemence I now do: but there was the way they robbed the Rugby Club, the 90's and their loud mouthing, the Grecian way they think the world owes them.

As for their true fans; I don't wish to see their club go bust, just wither, wither and wither as they plummet through the leagues until they reach The Downs, their natural home.....

• Like 2

Santas Grotto survives!!! Has anyone else noticed that the sags seem to attract the less educated of supporters?

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains and tbh if I look at it objectively then Bristol keeps a professional football club instead of losing it to another county.

However they have got exactly what they deserve. Been plucky for far too long.

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains

I wonder how much longer the war memorial will last though?  From what I gather, Rovers secured their Wonga loan with the stadium, if they go into administration I am not sure that the loansharks will care about preserving a war memorial, they will be looking to sell as quickly as possible in order to get their money. 

I know. I know.

Screwed over by who?

Sainsbury's are legally entitled to break the contract.  This was decided in a court of law.

The fault should lie firstly with the morons at Rovers who signed a "watertight" contract, but which it later transpires was " ...tortuously, laboriously and in some respects badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it...".  And with Higgs for his constantly bullshitting throughout the entire process despite all the warning signs that Sainsbury's were pulling out.  Up until very recently it was a case of "partners" and "dotting the I's and crossing the T's".  Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  When AV went belly up for City we had a plan B - redevelop AG.  Rovers have no plan B and amazingly despite all the warning signs about Sainsbury's intent have allowed PP at the Mem to lapse.

There an amateurish outfit who've had their fingers burnt; they haven't been screwed over.

I'd have some sympathy for Gash fans if they could see this, but they can't.  They all think its Sainsbury's fault when Rovers are at least equally to blame for this whole mess.  Higgs is trotting out the line that they've been screwed over to hide is own shortcomings and the Gash are lapping it up.

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 3

Screwed over by who?

Sainsbury's are legally entitled to break the contract.  This was decided in a court of law.

The fault should lie firstly with the morons at Rovers who signed a "watertight" contract, but which it later transpires was " ...tortuously, laboriously and in some respects badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it...".  And with Higgs for his constantly bullshitting throughout the entire process despite all the warning signs that Sainsbury's were pulling out.  Up until very recently it was a case of "partners" and "dotting the I's and crossing the T's".  Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  When AV went belly up for City we had a plan B - redevelop AG.  Rovers have no plan B and amazingly despite all the warning signs about Sainsbury's intent have allowed PP at the Mem to lapse.

There an amateurish outfit who've had their fingers burnt; they haven't been screwed over.

I'd have some sympathy for Gash fans if they could see this, but they can't.  They all think its Sainsbury's fault when Rovers are at least equally to blame for this whole mess.  Higgs is trotting out the line that they've been screwed over to hide is own shortcomings and the Gash are lapping it up.

They are worse then Liverpool when playing the victim card,

Give it 3 months and those morons would of twisted it to being lansdowns and city's fault, we would of funded the jr for trash and paid off sainsburys to pull the plug,

• Admin

Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  

Thing is, this is about plan C already !

What happened to the student flats at the Minimal, seems like only yesterday they were all off to Cheltenham to choose their season ticket seats whilst their ground was to be developed!!!

They are worse then Liverpool when playing the victim card,

Give it 3 months and those morons would of twisted it to being lansdowns and city's fault, we would of funded the jr for trash and paid off sainsburys to pull the plug,

I was going to include the Liverpool similarity in my earlier ramble.  It's completely true.  They're always the victim.   It's always someone else fault.  TRASH, Sainsbury's, Wycombe, John Ward, blah, blah, blah.  Until they see the elephant in the room they will continue to lurch form one disaster to the next.

And, it's funny you should mention this being our fault; there's Gash who genuinely believe that SL was behind the Trash campaign. :yes:

Not sure how much cash he has, but in all Carey fairness from the Judgment we know (and this seems to have largely been ignored) that Higgs personally underwrote half a million quid for the stadium.

I wouldn't necessarily assume he will not put his hand in his pocket, but appreciate why that seems unlikely.

..Ere.. you have been reading too many of my posts!!