IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They are worse then Liverpool when playing the victim card,

Give it 3 months and those morons would of twisted it to being lansdowns and city's fault, we would of funded the jr for trash and paid off sainsburys to pull the plug,

I was going to include the Liverpool similarity in my earlier ramble. It's completely true. They're always the victim. It's always someone else fault. TRASH, Sainsbury's, Wycombe, John Ward, blah, blah, blah. Until they see the elephant in the room they will continue to lurch form one disaster to the next.

And, it's funny you should mention this being our fault; there's Gash who genuinely believe that SL was behind the Trash campaign.:yes:

Thing is, this is about plan C already !

What happened to the student flats at the Minimal, seems like only yesterday they were all off to Cheltenham to choose their season ticket seats whilst their ground was to be developed!!!

I had forgotten that they were going to go to Cheltenham for a season while the Mem was redeveloped. :rofl2br:

Nobody will be interested in buying that mob, considering they are light years behind us already can you imagine the money it would take?

I would rather have some sort of infrastructure in place if I were buying a club, not just a rag ass bunch of part time players, a park surrounded by some marquees and a falling down stand on a war memorial site they can't shift, and a fan base with the average IQ of a dead dog.

• Like 2

Nobody will be interested in buying that mob, considering they are light years behind us already can you imagine the money it would take?

I would rather have some sort of infrastructure in place if I were buying a club, not just a rag ass bunch of part time players, a park surrounded by some marquees and a falling down stand on a war memorial site they can't shift, and a fan base with the average IQ of a dead dog.

and that's being generous 

With us I'm sure SL knew Sainsburys had started to go cold on the idea of buying AG so instead of doi g what the sags have done he kept that on the quiet came to a compromise over the AV site which I believe will see an academy built etc and came up with decent plans to develop AG. Thats the differwnce between us and them.

Ouch that was devastating. Good work

Their fanbase 'is envied by dozens of clubs higher up the Football League' though, so their own Club keep telling them :facepalm:

'There certainly haven't been any issues with how the team has been performing at late, having achieved promotion to League Two through the Football Conference play-offs last season'

Against part time opposition. Well done Bristol R*vers

Jeez....

With all the thousands boycotting Sainsbury's from now on I look forward to a very quick shop on Saturday.

Reading their forum I don't think many of them can actually spell 'Sainsbury's' let alone have the capability to hatch a decent plan to hit their profits.

I wonder if they're still adamant that 'Kid in the Riot', '29R' etc are just bullshitting jealous 'SHITHEADS' who haven't got a clue what they're talking about?

• Like 1

Reading their forum I don't think many of them can actually spell 'Sainsbury's' let alone have the capability to hatch a decent plan to hit their profits.

I wonder if they're still adamant that 'Kid in the Riot', '29R' etc are just bullshitting jealous 'SHITHEADS' who haven't got a clue what they're talking about?

SHEEDHEADS. Respect the local linguistics of South Gloucestershire.

With us I'm sure SL knew Sainsburys had started to go cold on the idea of buying AG so instead of doi g what the sags have done he kept that on the quiet came to a compromise over the AV site which I believe will see an academy built etc and came up with decent plans to develop AG. Thats the differwnce between us and them.

The difference is however Ashton vale wasn't wholly dependant on sainsburys money or the sale of Ashton gate

We could of built it and used Ashton gate for the rugby and the girls if we wanted too, lansdown being the successful business man is is didn't put all his eggs in one basket,

Higgs on the other hand got his money by being in the right place at the right time with cowlin,

He put all his effort into uwe believe because it's the massive Bristol rovers they'd get it no problem and people will be bending over backwards for them because of their arrogance and generally believe everyone owes them because of the massive fan base,

They've got exactly what they deserve, if Higgs is any kind of a man he would of resigned by now due to his massive incompetence,

He can remained owner without being chairman (like lansdown)

They need a massive reshuffle at board level to move them forwards again, how ever Higgs is to stubborn to leave and they will prob end up non-league again under him

Is short the gas are ******

• Like 1

this, all day long.

cant believe more hasnt been made of this. Im convinced this was the final straw on the vale.

this, all day long.

cant believe more hasnt been made of this. Im convinced this was the final straw on the vale.

It wasn't the final strew was the village greeners case having a very good change of success therefore we would of still been fighting it now if we didn't go to plan b,

That's the only reason sainsburys didn't even come into it

It wasn't the final strew was the village greeners case having a very good change of success therefore we would of still been fighting it now if we didn't go to plan b,

That's the only reason sainsburys didn't even come into it

There's no proof that Sainsbury's weren't, other posters are making an assertion about it that could well be true.

Taken from Slagchat...

"I have read lots today, fog was in so couldnt fire the panzers down here in Lulworth so lots of sitting about contemplating the future.
As with most of you I am gutted at todays outcome. Not so much the decision but the money spent getting to it and potentially putting our clubs future at risk. I was never fully comfortable with the supermarket going up on the mem site. I dont see the mem as a war memorial but share the view of the Royal British legion and English Heritage in that it is the gates that are the link to the sacrifice made by our cities sportsmen and didnt want them in a supermarket car park.
These gates should form the centre piece of our club. We are the custodians of this memorial and in my opinion we should show them the respect they deserve They should stand at the main entrance to a stadium that is a fitting memorial to those that paid the ultimate price. Even have a small image in one of the quaters on the shirt to remind our players of those that went before them. These gates could help with the rebirth of our club and give us a new ethos of community development based on sport.

So how do we do this. We are clearly in debt but we have a unique selling point that has never been promoted. Something that could really attract investors. We use the memorial as a sping board to secure a fitting memorial stadium, ensuring that the intended legacy is fulfilled. People dont always want to invest in a football club but to invest in a stadium dedicated to the countries fallen could be another matter. Especially if it is allowed to be used by the local community as the original memorial was intended.

With a proper modern pitch there is no reason why local sunday league teams couldnt use it. Four of five games on a sunday with differnt teams having their chance to fulfill a dream of playing at a top class venue would pull in families of players etc making it potentially cost neutral whilst at the same time giving back to the community.
The running track from the original UWE plans could be utilised freely by anyone who wanted a safe enviroment to maintain fitness with UWE physio students on hand to provide fitness tips, classes and nutritional advice promoting healthy well being. These are just a few things off the top of my head. Have lots more but i think you get the point im trying to make.
So who pays for the stadium? Well im guessing we as a club we could get 10 to 15 million for the mem if the land was sold for housing. This enables the rebirth of a purpose built Bristol MEMORIAL stadium on the UWE sight using the existing plans. So potentially half the money. That half secures a home for Bristol Rovers and makes them the main custodian of the stadium and the ethos it is based on.

Other money could come from charities such as Help for Heroes and the RBL by allowing the gym space to be used free of charge by injured servicemen exclusivley during the working day when gyms are generally quiet and not at their capacity as part of their rehab. The MOD could also contribute as this is a cheaper alternative to what is already an overstretched area of the forces. A reidential space could easily be put in the back of a stand to accomodate 15-20 soldiers.  Again Phsio students from UWE could benefit massivley from this all the while sticking to the roots of the stadium being a proper memorial. When not in the gym conducting rehab these forces personnel could have access to the university to attend courses for their transition to civilian street. A small residntial dorm/student accom could also be used for ex homless servicemen as a stop gap to helping them get back on their feet with career advice given through the UWE.  Chuck in companies like BAE systems  who sponsor these types of schemes and you could probably add another couple of million to the build cost. They would get free use of the confernce facilities which being next to MOD abbeywood would be perfect for procurement conferences etc.

Then theres the UWE. How much do they want this stadium. A few million from them towards the build costs and they would get more use than first proposed of the stadium.
National univerity sporting comps could be held here such as football rugby and hockey on top of the traditional wednesday afternnon sporting events held between unies. Clearly they already have use of the carpark but teaching space could also be free to use.

Both south glos and Bristol council could also get involved. The Bristol Memorial stadium would unlock 200 million of investment in south glos which will clearly benifit both councils. SGC in business rates and council tax etc and Bristol from the fact that regardless of living in south Glos most people shop in Bristol council areas adding to the local economy. They also have the cudos of enabling this project to get off the ground.

Add to that we we apply for football grants, national lottery and english heritage stating that we are building a new war memorial that has been enabled by the sell of the old site and true to the inscription on the gates, that is open for use by the community. This should see us over the line in terms of money for the build. If we are short we could even go to Steve Landsdown as owner of Bristol Rugby as he has the History of Bristol Rugby club to look after he would surely want to see the Memorial gates in fitting surroundings as an entrance to a Bristol Memorial Stadium. It would also keep City fans happy as so many of them have come out to show their disgust at the prospect of a supermarket taking over the memeorial site.

Anyone who helps with initial investment to build get to name a stand or enclosure. The stadium name has to have Memorial in it though. After all of this there probably isnt much room for extra non matchday income at first thought. But if the stadium is in constant use then money will be spent in retail areas. Weddings etc could still be held as well as conferences. Being an international class rugby stadium could also bring in revenue with finals such as the lesser european cup competition and the British and Irish Cup and Bath Rugby could also use for a couple of games a season. Concerts could also go ahead. An agreed percentage going back to charities that supported the stadium build. Clearly an annual rememberance service on rememberance sunday inviting local children, army regiments, and a major Royal etc to see what our club ethos is all about and how we support them.

We would also be debt free on moving in the ideal world with a new board with areas of expertise in football but also on implementing community intergration and working with the forces. We wouldnt have a mortgage and so all match day revenue would be ours, again with a percentage going to forces charities. No doubt we would see increased attendances as the Bristol residents start looking at us as a real community based club rebuilt on the ethos of the memorial gates, giving back to and supporting those that have made a sacrifice in service of their country. A new covenant would be written so that bristol rovers would always have a home but no matter what level we play at we would always have to honour our commitment to helping the local community and supporting the forces. All of this should enable us to be competitive upto championship level.

As a football club we would find a new found respect amongst fellow fans around Britain. Big Teams would want to play us in pre-seasons and away fans would come and spend their money knowing that a % goes to forces charities. 

So Nick. If you are reading this, feel free to give me a bell and ill help get your stadium built. Unfortunatley though, when it is you will be a fan just like the rest of us watching from the Royal British Legion end as the mighty gas attck the Help for Heroes end.

Anyway thats enough of my ramblings. Feel free to pick holes in this guys. Personally with the right leadership, i think it would be achievable".

• Admin

Reading all the comments about us and Sainburys before.

Wouldn't it be a nice theory if the Sainsburys CEO was so annoyed that they never got their new superstore on the Ashton Gate site, so in return thought that they'd take their anger out on any other sporting team that tried to use them again !

Taken from Slagchat...

"I have read lots today, fog was in so couldnt fire the panzers down here in Lulworth so lots of sitting about contemplating the future.

As with most of you I am gutted at todays outcome. Not so much the decision but the money spent getting to it and potentially putting our clubs future at risk. I was never fully comfortable with the supermarket going up on the mem site. I dont see the mem as a war memorial but share the view of the Royal British legion and English Heritage in that it is the gates that are the link to the sacrifice made by our cities sportsmen and didnt want them in a supermarket car park.

These gates should form the centre piece of our club. We are the custodians of this memorial and in my opinion we should show them the respect they deserve They should stand at the main entrance to a stadium that is a fitting memorial to those that paid the ultimate price. Even have a small image in one of the quaters on the shirt to remind our players of those that went before them. These gates could help with the rebirth of our club and give us a new ethos of community development based on sport.

So how do we do this. We are clearly in debt but we have a unique selling point that has never been promoted. Something that could really attract investors. We use the memorial as a sping board to secure a fitting memorial stadium, ensuring that the intended legacy is fulfilled. People dont always want to invest in a football club but to invest in a stadium dedicated to the countries fallen could be another matter. Especially if it is allowed to be used by the local community as the original memorial was intended.

With a proper modern pitch there is no reason why local sunday league teams couldnt use it. Four of five games on a sunday with differnt teams having their chance to fulfill a dream of playing at a top class venue would pull in families of players etc making it potentially cost neutral whilst at the same time giving back to the community.

The running track from the original UWE plans could be utilised freely by anyone who wanted a safe enviroment to maintain fitness with UWE physio students on hand to provide fitness tips, classes and nutritional advice promoting healthy well being. These are just a few things off the top of my head. Have lots more but i think you get the point im trying to make.

So who pays for the stadium? Well im guessing we as a club we could get 10 to 15 million for the mem if the land was sold for housing. This enables the rebirth of a purpose built Bristol MEMORIAL stadium on the UWE sight using the existing plans. So potentially half the money. That half secures a home for Bristol Rovers and makes them the main custodian of the stadium and the ethos it is based on.

Other money could come from charities such as Help for Heroes and the RBL by allowing the gym space to be used free of charge by injured servicemen exclusivley during the working day when gyms are generally quiet and not at their capacity as part of their rehab. The MOD could also contribute as this is a cheaper alternative to what is already an overstretched area of the forces. A reidential space could easily be put in the back of a stand to accomodate 15-20 soldiers. Again Phsio students from UWE could benefit massivley from this all the while sticking to the roots of the stadium being a proper memorial. When not in the gym conducting rehab these forces personnel could have access to the university to attend courses for their transition to civilian street. A small residntial dorm/student accom could also be used for ex homless servicemen as a stop gap to helping them get back on their feet with career advice given through the UWE. Chuck in companies like BAE systems who sponsor these types of schemes and you could probably add another couple of million to the build cost. They would get free use of the confernce facilities which being next to MOD abbeywood would be perfect for procurement conferences etc.

Then theres the UWE. How much do they want this stadium. A few million from them towards the build costs and they would get more use than first proposed of the stadium.

National univerity sporting comps could be held here such as football rugby and hockey on top of the traditional wednesday afternnon sporting events held between unies. Clearly they already have use of the carpark but teaching space could also be free to use.

Both south glos and Bristol council could also get involved. The Bristol Memorial stadium would unlock 200 million of investment in south glos which will clearly benifit both councils. SGC in business rates and council tax etc and Bristol from the fact that regardless of living in south Glos most people shop in Bristol council areas adding to the local economy. They also have the cudos of enabling this project to get off the ground.

Add to that we we apply for football grants, national lottery and english heritage stating that we are building a new war memorial that has been enabled by the sell of the old site and true to the inscription on the gates, that is open for use by the community. This should see us over the line in terms of money for the build. If we are short we could even go to Steve Landsdown as owner of Bristol Rugby as he has the History of Bristol Rugby club to look after he would surely want to see the Memorial gates in fitting surroundings as an entrance to a Bristol Memorial Stadium. It would also keep City fans happy as so many of them have come out to show their disgust at the prospect of a supermarket taking over the memeorial site.

Anyone who helps with initial investment to build get to name a stand or enclosure. The stadium name has to have Memorial in it though. After all of this there probably isnt much room for extra non matchday income at first thought. But if the stadium is in constant use then money will be spent in retail areas. Weddings etc could still be held as well as conferences. Being an international class rugby stadium could also bring in revenue with finals such as the lesser european cup competition and the British and Irish Cup and Bath Rugby could also use for a couple of games a season. Concerts could also go ahead. An agreed percentage going back to charities that supported the stadium build. Clearly an annual rememberance service on rememberance sunday inviting local children, army regiments, and a major Royal etc to see what our club ethos is all about and how we support them.

We would also be debt free on moving in the ideal world with a new board with areas of expertise in football but also on implementing community intergration and working with the forces. We wouldnt have a mortgage and so all match day revenue would be ours, again with a percentage going to forces charities. No doubt we would see increased attendances as the Bristol residents start looking at us as a real community based club rebuilt on the ethos of the memorial gates, giving back to and supporting those that have made a sacrifice in service of their country. A new covenant would be written so that bristol rovers would always have a home but no matter what level we play at we would always have to honour our commitment to helping the local community and supporting the forces. All of this should enable us to be competitive upto championship level.

As a football club we would find a new found respect amongst fellow fans around Britain. Big Teams would want to play us in pre-seasons and away fans would come and spend their money knowing that a % goes to forces charities.

So Nick. If you are reading this, feel free to give me a bell and ill help get your stadium built. Unfortunatley though, when it is you will be a fan just like the rest of us watching from the Royal British Legion end as the mighty gas attck the Help for Heroes end.

Anyway thats enough of my ramblings. Feel free to pick holes in this guys. Personally with the right leadership, i think it would be achievable".

He's got it all sussed out, easy peasy!

IPgas is a smart cookie ?

"

Post by lpgas on 3 hours ago
If I was Higgs I would definitely appeal. I have often wondered how we know the judges are "fair?" For all we know she may have shares in Sainsburies

The amount of illiterate people on that site astounds me, Sainsburies? What?