IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

But if they do that they might be in for a battle with the nimbys because losing the car parking would mean supporters parking around the streets on match days, and wouldn't the houses also generate extra traffic?

I'm sure they would, but imo (no planning experience) I doubt their opposition would be enough to stop an urban development for housing.

I'm sure they would, but imo (no planning experience) I doubt their opposition would be enough to stop an urban development for housing.

Correct but, would the removal of the existing car park have a detrimental effect on the licence for use as a sports stadium? I use the term stadium loosely.

Correct but, would the removal of the existing car park have a detrimental effect on the licence for use as a sports stadium? I use the term stadium loosely.

If it did then Rovers would hurriedly put out an appeal on the social media for someone with an appropriate license to help out on a casual basis.

• Like 1

Just seen this on Facebook (haven't seen it on here), I had to laugh! And they call us obsessed.....

Damn I can't upload the picture, but basically, on 11th December at the mem there's going to be an evening with...wait for it.....Dean Windass!

If I was an easily amused spaz-face, I'd be booking a ticket with a credit card, just incase the hosting company ceased trading and I wanted to claim my money back.

The possibility of building flats on the existing car park to fund redevelopment would cause a two fold problem. It's usual practice to build flats with one parking space per flat, so space would be needed for the flats and their parking. This, combined with a bigger stand would reduce parking for football to almost zero.

I believe Rovers previous plans for redeveloping the ground included building flats for students, without parking. This would reduce the problem, but is there much of a need for more student accommodation at Horfield?

Just seen this on Facebook (haven't seen it on here), I had to laugh! And they call us obsessed.....

Damn I can't upload the picture, but basically, on 11th December at the mem there's going to be an evening with...wait for it.....Dean Windass!

An evening with a journeyman ex Striker who never even had the misfortune to don the foetid quarters... Why?

Are they sponsored by a little village but have misspelt it? Pensford?

Could be cynical and suggest The Gas' dyslexic marketing manager saw a proof of the shirt with a generic 'sponsored' banner.

In reality I reckon if you check who prints their posters / programmes this year it'll be a backdoor deal with the print costs subsidised by the value of the sponsorship (i.e. not much.)