IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Plan b is getting housing on part of the Mem car park as I stated a few weeks ago. Then I'd guess trying to flog the rest of the site for retail. Would still surely give them a shortfall in funds to move to UWE unless of course they get investors on board.

Not if the plans are heavily scaled back I guess.  

Many years ago the Rovers hierarchy were paranoid about Peter Manning muscling his way into their club. Another feared figure was John Pontin of the JT Construction Group. You see they knew that once the Society of Merchant Venturers gained control the heart and soul would be ripped from Rovers and what was once a football club would soon become a cosy dining and hospitality venue for the very important people who control business in Bristol. So while Stephen has repelled the boarders and is busy putting sport first Nicholas is finally throwing in the towel. And it is a very large white one.  

Many years ago the Rovers hierarchy were paranoid about Peter Manning muscling his way into their club. Another feared figure was John Pontin of the JT Construction Group. You see they knew that once the Society of Merchant Venturers gained control the heart and soul would be ripped from Rovers and what was once a football club would soon become a cosy dining and hospitality venue for the very important people who control business in Bristol. So while Stephen has repelled the boarders and is busy putting sport first Nicholas is finally throwing in the towel. And it is a very large white one.  

Ed Ware and John Laycock are both Merchant Verturers, so are people looking in the wrong directions re. CS?

• Like 1

The pikeys were coming out with "Accrington Stanley? Who are they?" quotes before Saturday's game. Honestly, what goldfish like memories these sags have.....Accrington Stanley members of the football league since 2006.....Bristol Squatting Rovers.....oblivion 2014.....members of the football league since 2015. Bristol Rovers who are they?

Exactly!

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed this in the Darrell Clarke interviews...........

"LIKE I SAID......"

So Darrell? How did the game go today?

"Welllllllll, like I said the lads didn't really turn up today, like I said, we need to get a bit smarter, like I said, but we'll come good like I said, it's like I said really, like I said".

Has anyone else noticed this in the Darrell Clarke interviews...........

"LIKE I SAID......"

So Darrell? How did the game go today?

"Welllllllll, like I said the lads didn't really turn up today, like I said, we need to get a bit smarter, like I said, but we'll come good like I said, it's like I said really, like I said".

He likes what he said,and he said what he likes 

Like I said (Raised left eyebrow) I think that the lads played well tonight (Switch to right eyebrow) but like I said there are 46 games in a season (switch back to raised left eyebrow), but like I said, it's up to us to show this league that we are up for the fight like I said, (switch back to raised right eyebrow), and like I said it's like I said really...(Huge frown).

Higgles Flies Undone

Relish the exploits of hot air ace Nick Higgles as he battles enemies around every corner

Marvel at his doggedness

Wonder in amazement as it all unravels and he is left exposed yet still manages to bale out with his pockets stuffed full of cash

Also starring Group Captain Sexstone as Uncle Fester

Higgles Flies Undone

Relish the exploits of hot air ace Nick Higgles as he battles enemies around every corner

Marvel at his doggedness

Wonder in amazement as it all unravels and he is left exposed yet still manages to bale out with his pockets stuffed full of cash

Also starring Group Captain Sexstone as Uncle Fester

I think of him as more of a kamikaze than a higgles.

UK's Biggest Indoor Big Screen at Ashton Gate

The new Sports Bar & Grill at Ashton Gate will not just have the UK's biggest indoor big screen but also a Michelin starred chef cooking there during the Rugby World Cup.

...in other news ....

Nick Higgs opens New Media Centre at the Memorial Stadium

img_1191.jpg?w=487

Mind you, Rita's kebabs will be available...

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:13pm oldie and Right Brain like this. QuotePost by gasincider on Sep 14, 2015 at 2:13pm
The last paragraph of NH's Evil Post article today makes for interesting reading.

'We are very grateful to MSP for allowing us to restructure the loan, and when we have to pay it back it will be resolved. The club is in no different financial state than it has ever been in. We are no better or worse off than a lot of other clubs'.

Sorry Nick, but if you look back at the accounts raised as you came on board in 2008, our total debt has now increased fourfold. That's before we mention that we are still one division lower in the same time period.

But more to the point, what part of 'the club is in no different financial state than it has ever been in' am I missing here?

Out total debt is now at the same level as the value of the stadium site. In other words we are only a heartbeat away from administration.

As for the MSP loan, the restructuring probably entails the loan no longer having to be repaid at the end of the year, but is now open ended as we don't know if and when the appeal will be heard. Somewhere NH also states that 50% of the loan was to clear the mortgage on the stadium. NO IT WASNT. The mortgage was just under a million according to the accounts. The loan from MSP is for £2.6 million again according to the accounts. Still, what's £600k between lenders?

As long as we continue to repay the 14% interest charged on the loan (that's £30k per month to you and me) they will be happy.

Good business if you can get it. (Bank rate 0.5%)

What also concerns me is not knowing if we are repaying the loan on time. All our other debts are accumulating interest as opposed to being paid off, so if this loan is the same, how much do we now owe MSP Nick?

Heaven help us if we lose the appeal whenever it is heard.

• Like 1

"Plan b" will be uglier than Holloway.  

A 12000-15000 seater stadium with a running track on the UWE site according to their forum. The pikeys will own just 1/3 of it and pay rent to the other owners. They have to give 2/3 of everything to the others and give up all the car parking money (£1M pa supposedly).

They are screwed! :P

Edited by ciderup

A 12000-15000 seater stadium with a running track on the UWE site according to their forum. The pikeys will own just 1/3 of it and pay rent to the other owners. They have to give 2/3 of everything to the others and give up all the car parking money (£1M pa supposedly).

They are screwed! :P

their forum is utterly wrong I'm sad to say

• Like 1