IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

..if I had a grand-dad worth a couple of Billion I'd support whatever team he supports too,  anything to keep the old boy happy, gotta protect the inheritance innit!

(just a bit if luck the old chap chose BCFC - RESULT!!! :) )

He didn't. JL chose City, SL was just just indulging his son at the start.

Edited by richwwtk

According to the methane snorters, the new Gate is a 'meccano kit gone wrong' and 3 stands just 'glued together'.

At least one knows his place as he shut them right  up!

How very insightful. That's probably because that's essentially what it is.

The 'meccano' type construction, as used in the London sky scraper 'the cheesegrater', is becoming favoured because it's sustainable and means the structure can be maintained and altered much more simply. It's also much quicker to construct meaning we can have that new ground in what seems a shockingly quick amount of time and it saves massively on labour costs and fluctuations in raw material prices during a longer construction process .... You know like those ever-rising UWE costs...

:facepalm:

Edited by Guest

According to the methane snorters, the new Gate is a 'meccano kit gone wrong' and 3 stands just 'glued together'.

At least one knows his place as he shut them right  up!

Probably because every Christmas when they were young they wanted a Meccano set but just got an orange and a piece of coal. The bitterness and sense of injustice never goes away and they spend their whole lives with a false sense of entitlement.

Why is there a huge thread on their forum referring to a takeover? Is there even any substance to it?

You of all people should know about this.

The consortium is apparently headed by Mr Wael Al-Qadi who's family control the Arab Jordan Investment Bank. He is on the board of the Jordanian FA and Vice Chairman of FIFA's Asian Football Development Project.

Talks got off to a shaky start when Nicholas insisted on speaking to Mr Jordan and it took Colin all morning to convince him that Jordan is a country not a person. Then, when it's official title of "The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan" was revealed Nicholas caused uproar when he said he "don't want nothing to do with drug dealers". But calm was restored after the consortium paid for lunch.

Much common ground was exposed and Nicholas was impressed with the fact that in 2012 Jordan was forced to take a $2 billion loan from the IMF and their total debt stood at $22 billion. He thought he could get a better deal for King Abdullah II from his friends at MSP Capital.

The sticking point appears to be the naming rights for the stadium because the Jordanians are keen to raise their profile in the Stoke Gifford/ Frenchay area but are concerned that the current name, "UWE" is much too close to that of their Arab competitors 'UAE".  Nicholas  looking for a whacking great pay day also raised a few eyebrows though this may only be a sandstorm in a tea cup.

More info to come as soon as I hear back from my man in Ammangotsfield. 

• Like 11

Probably because every Christmas when they were young they wanted a Meccano set but just got an orange and a piece of coal. The bitterness and sense of injustice never goes away and they spend their whole lives with a false sense of entitlement.

Our new stands would look like mecanno to a sag. That's because all new buildings at their place arrive ready assembled on the back of a truck.

• Like 2

A piece of coal? Lucky buggers :grr:

Meanwhile on Gaschat:

Wally Walters
Reserve Team

**** Notts *****! They are a nothing joke of a club, even their near neighbours barely a few hundred yards away think they are irrelevant.

They are a nothing club, it's forest who matter around that way. They will never go anywhere accept down. Forest on the other hand got better stadium better set up better fans. County are just a poor excuse and live in their neighbours shadows and will for ever.

ummm at the risk of getting hammered, the last couple of lines can be very much applied to us.

It all can.

• Like 6

Meanwhile on Gaschat:

Wally Walters
Reserve Team

**** Notts *****! They are a nothing joke of a club, even their near neighbours barely a few hundred yards away think they are irrelevant.

They are a nothing club, it's forest who matter around that way. They will never go anywhere accept down. Forest on the other hand got better stadium better set up better fans. County are just a poor excuse and live in their neighbours shadows and will for ever.

ummm at the risk of getting hammered, the last couple of lines can be very much applied to us.

It all can.

Ha.

Looks like one of them has spat the dummy out over that and started spouting the same tired, boring "we're the most loyalist, loudest fans ever" rubbish. Funny because I know Gasheads who complain the atmosphere at the Mem is often poor and their fans are just as fickle as every other club.

• Like 1

Ha.

Looks like one of them has spat the dummy out over that and started spouting the same tired, boring "we're the most loyalist, loudest fans ever" rubbish. Funny because I know Gasheads who complain the atmosphere at the Mem is often poor and their fans are just as fickle as every other club.

Our fans are much louder and much more supportive than 82s
They don't support they only make noise when they've scored.
Yes their stadium is bigger but it looks like kids Lego from various different toys thrown together and the atmosphere most of the time is terrible I've been told by many shitheads.
Our blackthorn end is louder than any of their stands.

HaaHaa, spoken like a true loser!

Our fans are much louder and much more supportive than 82sThey don't support they only make noise when they've scored.
Yes their stadium is bigger but it looks like kids Lego from various different toys thrown together and the atmosphere most of the time is terrible I've been told by many shitheads.

The average response from a spitting horse puncher, having the displeasure of watching one of them on sky for about half an hour you could literally hear a pin drop, or in their case the scraping of white plastic chairs. 

I saw a comment on twitter the other day from a Coventry fan basically saying apart from scoring a 98th minute winner all their fans did was stand up and politely applaud. Wild fans, those 2015'ers.

• Like 1

Our fans are much louder and much more supportive than 82sThey don't support they only make noise when they've scored.

:laugh:! I heard the Newport fans were singing 'Is there a fire drill' to the super fans today! :thumbsup:

Meanwhile on Gaschat:

Wally Walters
Reserve Team

It all can.

Sags criticizing Meadow Lane. They could only dream etc....

Henbury Gas
Fans' Favourite

Posting Level
Next Level in 4 posts
7 hours ago QuotePost by Henbury Gas on 7 hours ago

11 hours ago peterpirate said:

12 hours ago banjogas said:
The budget ihas to be the same.

People from the outside looking in see the crowds of 7,500 and think we have pots of cash. 

The reality is the money is paying off the loans.

The club has so much potential in the correct hands, needs a complete overhaul from top to bottlom.
totaly agree the club is ran by ******* lining their own pockets,if we hadn't of gone back up and had the hope of the uwe in the background Higgs would of been on his toes and if he was so confident of getting the uwe he would of used his own cash and not the clubs,no it won't effect the budget? What a load of bollocks,I would love to know what our budget really is....feel sorry for dc I bet he puts up with a load of sh** from the board and so frustrated that he's 3 or 4 signings away from a team pushing for top 3 where we should and deserve to be
All Your posts are starting to sound like a Ted - give it a rest and support YOUR local team be it Blue or Red 

Henbury Gas
Fans' Favourite

Posting Level
Next Level in 4 posts

People from the outside looking in see the crowds of 7,500 and think we have pots of cash. 

The club has so much potential in the correct hands, needs a complete overhaul from top to bottlom.
totaly agree the club is ran by ******* lining their own pockets,if we hadn't of gone back up and had the hope of the uwe in the background Higgs would of been on his toes and if he was so confident of getting the uwe he would of used his own cash and not the clubs,no it won't effect the budget? What a load of bollocks,I would love to know what our budget really is....feel sorry for dc I bet he puts up with a load of sh** from the board and so frustrated that he's 3 or 4 signings away from a team pushing for top 3 where we should and deserve to be
All Your posts are starting to sound like a Ted - give it a rest and support YOUR local team be it Blue or Red 

Nah, I'm thinking what a pants attendance for a team that's doing well in a league they just got promoted to. Plus I'm sure Newport bought a lot down..

Edited by Iron Man

8 hours ago 
Post by bs14gas on 8 hours ago

10 hours ago hpgas said:
Brought a friend to their second Rovers game - the first was v. Eastleigh 6 months ago. Oh dear. 

She loves the idea of Rovers but after two disastrous dates how many chances will Rovers get? 

This was my first home game of the season - atmosphere v poor versus the away games (Luton, Mansfield etc). Friend was disappointed at lack of vocal support and wondered why people went (esp. given the high prices) and didn't get behind their team. The best I could suggest (politely) was that when you have gone to hundreds of games rather than two the excitement fades a bit, and that away games are better. This was at 1-1. 

I'll be at Cambridge for the next episode. Can't wait to see what happens next....
She must be amazed so many, pay so much, for so little! Atmosphere flat, low expectations and frustration. Home form now a real issue. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4109/disaster#ixzz3pZShef7f

Henbury Gas
Fans' Favourite

Posting Level
Next Level in 4 posts

Ha Ha! - What a deluded bellend! The only place you deserve to be is non-league, and the sooner you get back there the better.

8 hours ago 
Post by bs14gas on 8 hours ago

10 hours ago hpgas said

This was my first home game of the season - atmosphere v poor versus the away games (Luton, Mansfield etc). Friend was disappointed at lack of vocal support and wondered why people went (esp. given the high prices) and didn't get behind their team. The best I could suggest (politely) was that when you have gone to hundreds of games rather than two the excitement fades a bit, and that away games are better. This was at 1-1. 

I'll be at Cambridge for the next episode. Can't wait to see what happens next....
She must be amazed so many, pay so much, for so little! Atmosphere flat, low expectations and frustration. Home form now a real issue. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4109/disaster#ixzz3pZShef7f

no, no, no, no....this must be a lying, jealous SHIDHEAD!!!

We all know that Gasheads are the loudest, loyalist most super-dooperist fans in the whole World as confirmed by the idiot that Cider_boy quoted below...

Love this quote....

I wouldn't have thought so....:blink:

I'd think the opposite actually.

image.jpg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

Hang on a minute. Is that not a garden shed to the left of the container? 

This is what potential investors are looking for in committing cash to a project... clear signs of growth and improvement.

I think we should be worried... if a second-hand precast concrete garage arrives that'll be the sign the major investor has been found.  

• Like 8