IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hang on a minute. Is that not a garden shed to the left of the container? 

This is what potential investors are looking for in committing cash to a project... clear signs of growth and improvement.

I think we should be worried... if a second-hand precast concrete garage arrives that'll be the sign the major investor has been found.  

Clubs aim to generate income from non match day activities. I don't know how they will use the shed for corporate events, but I'm sure Nick has a cunning plan  

• Like 1

Shows they are learning. That patio furniture will need proper winter storage and with the transfer window closed, there will be limited opportunities for some player no one has ever heard of holding a scarf diagonally in front of a plastic chair thinking 'how did it come to this?'

Reckon it'll be no more than 30 years before the benefit on spend is realised. 

• Like 5

Comedy keeping aside, some good strikes by Newport. That said, if you are against a keeper who is as likely to throw it in the back of the net as anything, you might as well have a shot from distance.

Do you think it's a deliberate running joke that they have to get a white plastic chair into every new signing photo?

When The Comic Strip did Five Go Made in Dorset for every shot in Aunt Fanny's house there had to be a bottle of gin visible.

I think it's a sponsorship deal with White Plastic Chair Hire Ltd. 

You realise that by posting in the thread you drag it back up to the top of page one?  If you don't like seeing it then it is probably best not to bump it.

To answer your first question though, I would never ever be happy to see this thread on page 3.  On page 3 I want to see actual tits, not read posts about a tinpot club full of tits. 

That is offensive to Tits :redcard:

• Like 2

That is offensive to Tits :redcard:

Sounds very much like a CS idea to me. The club are running a monthly tshirt design competition with the winner getting a signed copy of their shirt as a prize. Here's the announcement on the OS:

www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/down-to-a-t-2768022.aspx

Easy win for the shop I think, it's a shame they didn't get their heads together earlier and get something like this running.

Talk about tits. City v rovers wet t shirt .?

9 minutes ago, red panda said:

Slipped to page 2, which is a shame since they appear to be losing to the mighty Cambridge Utd.

Still, I suppose they are doing better than we did on my last, rather traumatic visit to the Abbey Stadium (in the fifth round of the FA Cup - have we got that far since then?)

I think we played Charlton in '94 (losing 2-0) in a replay after that night at Liverpool. Cambridge was about '90 if memory serves. 

15 minutes ago, red panda said:

Slipped to page 2, which is a shame since they appear to be losing to the mighty Cambridge Utd.

Still, I suppose they are doing better than we did on my last, rather traumatic visit to the Abbey Stadium (in the fifth round of the FA Cup - have we got that far since then?)

2001 reached 5th round as well, lost 3-0 a Leicester.