IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry but it's going to take more than a single victory to bridge the two division, fifteen years chasm between us. Stop making yourself look daft.

Stop talking rubbish man.  That solitary win against the mighty Cambridge will be the springboard to firstly overtaking us and then marching towards an assault on the Premier League, and ultimately the Champions league, where they will beat Barcelona in the second leg of the Semi Finals before a record 12500 crowd at the minimal, before beating Real Madrid in the final at Old Trafford in front of 50000 travelling fans.  This meteoric rise will see foreign investors flocking to take over "Brand Gas", who will fund a new 40000 all seater stadium on Ashton Vale - just to rub our noses in their success.

We in the mean time will bounce between the Championship and League One, with the odd JPT win thrown in for good measure.

Surprised no one else picked up on this.

At the start of the week Cambridge Utd sacked their Manager. In the words of the Board

"Losing at home to Bristol Rovers was the final straw".

Obviously even teams in the same division as Rovers look down on them.

• Like 5

about an hour ago lpgas said:
Lets remember that Chesham are not only in the Southern League Premier, but they are 17th in the Southern League Premier, having conceded 25 goals. Good job we didn't play Weymouth or another team at the top of the table.
Of course our team today were a disgrace, set up badly by Clarke. We started at walking pace and later progressed to a slow trot. Passing was poor except for Sinclair who managed at least 40 passes backwards. And he should have pulled Gosling off after 20 minutes, absolute disgrace. Harrison, again acting like a petulant child falling over at every opportunity. Thought that they would tire in the second half but they didn't because for all our huffing and puffing there was no quality. I expect Chesham will have harder games against teams in their own league than we gave them.
I have always been a big fan of DC but if he cannot improve the team or at least get them to win at home then I would say thanks Daryl but goodbye

• Like 1

Living on the dark side and a fair few (misguided) mates that are gas, I can't help but take the piss without mercy. That said, I do dislike them intensely but not as badly as they dislike us.

It's great to be a red in east Bristol tbh, loads of kids wearing our beloved red shirt and loads of old school gas twisted with jealousy!

All that said, I would rather see a young 'un in a gas shirt than a Man U / Arsenal one. Obviously, I would report the parent for mental cruelty but support a local side rather than a team on sky IMHO.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Coombsy said:

about an hour ago lpgas said:
Lets remember that Chesham are not only in the Southern League Premier, but they are 17th in the Southern League Premier, having conceded 25 goals. Good job we didn't play Weymouth or another team at the top of the table.
Of course our team today were a disgrace, set up badly by Clarke. We started at walking pace and later progressed to a slow trot. Passing was poor except for Sinclair who managed at least 40 passes backwards. And he should have pulled Gosling off after 20 minutes, absolute disgrace. Harrison, again acting like a petulant child falling over at every opportunity. Thought that they would tire in the second half but they didn't because for all our huffing and puffing there was no quality. I expect Chesham will have harder games against teams in their own league than we gave them.
I have always been a big fan of DC but if he cannot improve the team or at least get them to win at home then I would say thanks Daryl but goodbye

:shocking:          :shocking:         :shocking:         :shocking:   

Jeeez, talk about motivation.............

• Like 1

Jumpers for goalposts, white plastic garden chairs for seating, Santa's grotty grotto, you can take the club out of non-league but you can't take the non-league out of the club, Nick Higgs the lawyers' pension plan, horse-punching.

Big up the Rovers!

If you had to come up with a comedy version of a local rival then they would be pretty close to it.

The popcorn is on standby for their next jolly jape.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The only emotion I have for them is pure and utter dustain.

id love to be one of you chaps that just say I don't care about them, they're an irrelevance etc.

but I can't, I just ******* hate them , and not afraid to show it :P

I absolutely agree with you. However, I've endured plenty of league matches against Rovers including (I hate to say it) times where we have been beaten by them plus times that we have given them a good hiding (the Christmas game in 2000 being my favourite). With this comes a natural rivalry. I do wonder whether for the younger generations, it is possible without these experiences for the same passion to exist. The worry is, as funny as their demise has been, the longer it lasts the less people really will care about them.

I give it "Ten Minutes" or so until this thread is invaded.  I thought I didn't care until I realised just how amused I was when they dropped out of the basement last year.

I was having this discussion with a Sag mate on Facebook last night...he is always very quick to bite and didn't disappoint when I commiserating them on narrowly missing out on taking Chesham to a shock replay!  My last comment in the thread sums up how I feel about them nowadays...

Naturally a little bit of context is missing, but you get the gist I'm sure: 

".......The original post was because despite the fact the Gash haven't been actual rivals for some fifteen or so years it still amuses me as much when they fail miserably as it does you when we fail. It just so happens that it hasn't occurred so much to us in comparison over the last two years. Are you telling me you'd keep your mouth shut if the shoe was on the other foot and city had lost at home to Chesham? Of course you wouldn't, and neither would I expect nor want you to. That's what the rivalry, such as it is, is about. As I was posting it I guessed you'd get the hump. It wasn't the point of me posting it. I'm a city fan with city mates who would share the humour, but I'll be bollocked if I'm gonna moderate my posting just so a few sensitive souls don't get upset! Do that, and the rivalry dies there and then. See ya tomorrow night! smile emoticon

• Like 3