IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 11/27/2015, 9:22:41, Coombsy said:

3 hours ago via mobile 
Post by Peter Parker on 3 hours ago
From.FB

Nick Higgs on the Stadium at last night's Supporters Club AGM: The hearing at the Court of Appeal is about holding Sainsbury's to the original terms of the contract, £30.05 million. It is not about compensation although he did add the club will be seeking an extra £5 million to compensate them for delays, rising costs etc. The hearing will be heard by a panel of three judges who will listen to the solicitors arguments. If we win Sainsbury's do technically have the right to appeal to the Supreme Court or the European Court of Human Rights but they are not certain to get a hearing and probably wouldn't go that far because of the negative PR. Interestingly he added that there around 20-30 other organisations who are suffering from a Sainsbury's change of mind who are waiting to see how our appeal goes before commencing their own action against them.
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of [br]I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of personality
Jon the Stripe

Supporters Club AGM 3 hours ago Igitur likes this.
Post by Jon the Stripe on 3 hours ago

Off top of my head so don't be hard on me!

NH - Court case either 26/27th Jan with 3 judges
NH - All or nothing case - Win - get circa £35 (inc costs etc) Lose - Get fukk all
NH - Confident of winning
NH - If lose there is a Plan B but will not go into details
NH - The AVG thingy shouldnt be a problem
NH - The contract with UWE has elapsed
NH - Have been approached by at least 12 interested parties 
BB -Shop takings well up 
BB - we're going to Sabadell and fun shall be had by all

DC -GK position is a massive concern
DC -2 players have deals for next season
DC -Rotation of squad will continue as its his way
DC - Still demanding his players get top 7 finish
DC - 154 corners 1 goal  I'm gutted!
DC - Lines gets drawn back too often/Ellis just needs a clip round ear now and again/New lad (ginger) could do well/We're so close to being a good side/Fine margins/ Get the bloody beers in!

Goodnight and UTG - JTS

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4245/supporters-club-agm#ixzz3sjGvp2GH

And why would they doubt anything Nick "Cast iron case" Higgs says?

yesterday at 1:52pm via mobile QuotePost by BishopstonBRFC on yesterday at 1:52pm

yesterday at 1:20pm severncider said:
Before the AGM, NH arrived and came straight over to three of us and had a wide ranging discussion and answered all the questions we asked, we did not ask him the questions we had prepared. After the AGM he came up to me and spent about 10 mins answering some more questions, nothing appeared to be off limits. He said:-

1 – The MSP loan is not being repaid in instalments. The interest is being added to the capital sum and will be repaid at the latest by the third quarter day of 2016 which I take to be 29th September 2016. So you work out the total cost, £2.6m @ 1.2% per month over a maximum period of 21 months. He did say that if the sale of The Mem went through earlier it would be repaid immediately and the balance of the sale would be used to build UWE. 

2 – The takeover/consortium talks are advanced and going well. I have no idea if the investors NH is talking about is the Consortium that several of us have been talking about. They may be or maybe not separate entities.

3 – As and when the investment/takeover takes place he did say that although he wasn’t sure, he didn’t believe any shares would be available to fans. I find that difficult to accept if true, as it would bar fans from buying shares and attending any AGM. Also, BRSC would have no stake in BRFC.

4 – The funding will be in place, no matter what decision is made by the Appeal Court AND that the stadium will be for 21,700 as originally planned and fully fitted out

5 – He indicated that as and when the talks are successfully concluded, that a start date for building UWE could be between February and June 2016. The first date seems very ambitious, even if an investment/takeover is completed by the end of December 2015. I have said many times, quoting dates is a nonsense as it tends to “bit you on the bum” when the date quoted fails to materialise.

6 – We asked “what if two offers are received and they both met the financial requirements, ie £40+ million in a bank account acceptable to BRFC, would an EGM be called to enable Shareholders to consider both offers and give their views?”. NH said not necessarily. I found this answer amazing, yes NH holds around 54% of the voting shares so will always win in a “card vote”. However does he not owe a duty to all the Shareholders to let them know what has been offered and for them to have their say. NH seems to think not.

I think that covers everything else.

Takeover talks are going well?! I though he denied it very recently?!

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Foreign investors so I've heard...

We are all happy to accept your statements on this KITR and I am not doubting what you have been told, but I am honestly amazed at this, which foreign investors would be prepared to clear the debts of a team languishing in league 2. I don't see the potential there, even if they got everything right and everything was already in place, it would take them at least 3 years to get to the promised land and earn some decent money. If they are being sold a pup by Higgs, surely when they do their due diligence they would discover that. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, if they had Bristol to themselves or we were the poor neighbours there would be more potential, but that is not the situation and is unlikely ever to be so.

I can't even see an asset stripping option, I can't imagine they could make enough money out of selling the ground, to make it worthwhile for the amount they would have to pay Higgs and co to shift out of the way. I could only really see a group of dedicated Gasheads with a bit of cash ever investing.

Comments
 robin 
12:43PM
Love the lightning. :laugh:!

Gassssss 
1:00PM
Your team is the most despised in the league. You cheat , play dire football , have a shitty ground in an ugly town. Your supporters are thugs.
We will whip your asses again.

The sooner your relagated and go out of business the better.

mooneyman 
1:04PM
Like you whipped our mighty non league neighbours Chesham United a couple of weeks ago!

floyd 
1:14PM
A Bristol Rovers fan accusing another club of cheating is almost unbelievable.

This is the Bristol Rovers who, following their relegation, cost our club thousands of pounds we could ill-afford to spend, on ridiculous, trumped-up, poorly written, nonsense claims. They would have happily seen us go out of business to save their own skin. Their actions were an embarrassment to the majority of their fan-base, and to lower league football in general.

The whole thing makes me sick.

EwanHoosaami 
1:20PM
Us, a shitty ground? That's rich coming from a Rovers fan! If that was the adjective you used for the access to our stadium, then you would at least have a valid point. By the way, which branch of Sainsburys do you use?

robin 
1:24PM
Our supporters are thugs? Which grounds have we tried wrecking like the horse punching knuckle dragging neanderthals from the blue part of Bristol? At Plymouth eaerlier in the season they attacked families in a park after the game,stay classy gas!

Ciderk1d 
1:44PM edited 1:47PM
@Gassssss, but it's my team. In fact a Fan's team.

MindlessDrugHoover 
2:40PM
Small town near Chesham / We're just a small town near Chesham.

fedup1980 
3:02PM edited 3:03PM
@Gassssss my only concern for tonight is when we win, will your chairman try and have the game declared void because we once changed our kit from quarters to halves?

crabbie 
3:29PM
Are Brizzle still sulking that we wore the quarters first and they didn't get included in the top football shirt poll, I don't know thunder storm in a tea cup why don't they just oh I don't know maybe just 'Live Well for Less'

bill_stickers 
3:43PM
@Gassssss

Most of your claims and opinions are purely subjective, even if I disagree with everything you have said.

However, to say our fans are thugs shows you really are blind in your views.

We probably have the best behaved fans in the football league. A solitary banning order last season, and no major crowd trouble incidents for two decades.

On the other hand, Bristol Rovers fans have regularly acted disgracefully in both the Football League and the Conference, whether its attacking goalkeepers, punching horses, invading pitches or fighting outside grounds.

niebieski 
5:03PM edited 5:08PM
2013/14 season, one club had 57 football related arrests, one had 0.
2014/15 season, one club had 15 football related arrests, one had 1.

I suppose on those stats, Bristol have had a 75% reduction in misbehavior, whereas we've had a 100% rise! Looks like I've got my Sun headline!

(Stats from https://data.gov.uk/dataset/football-banning-orders)

MindlessDrugHoover 
5:29PM
Drizzle Rovers' arrests only went down last season because so few of their fans could find Welling, Alfreton, Nuneaton or Telford on the map.

BSE 
5:29PM edited 5:35PM
Ingram/Richardson injured maybe?

Edit:
Then again maybe not think I might have jumped to a conclusion a bit fast there, more than likely no games left during his loan period so might as well get him back.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2015, 10:16:50, Coombsy said:

20 hours ago severncider said:
Before the AGM, NH arrived and came straight over to three of us and had a wide ranging discussion and answered all the questions we asked, we did not ask him the questions we had prepared. After the AGM he came up to me and spent about 10 mins answering some more questions, nothing appeared to be off limits. He said:-

1 – The MSP loan is not being repaid in instalments. The interest is being added to the capital sum and will be repaid at the latest by the third quarter day of 2016 which I take to be 29th September 2016. So you work out the total cost, £2.6m @ 1.2% per month over a maximum period of 21 months. He did say that if the sale of The Mem went through earlier it would be repaid immediately and the balance of the sale would be used to build UWE. 

2 – The takeover/consortium talks are advanced and going well. I have no idea if the investors NH is talking about is the Consortium that several of us have been talking about. They may be or maybe not separate entities.

3 – As and when the investment/takeover takes place he did say that although he wasn’t sure, he didn’t believe any shares would be available to fans. I find that difficult to accept if true, as it would bar fans from buying shares and attending any AGM. Also, BRSC would have no stake in BRFC.

4 – The funding will be in place, no matter what decision is made by the Appeal Court AND that the stadium will be for 21,700 as originally planned and fully fitted out

5 – He indicated that as and when the talks are successfully concluded, that a start date for building UWE could be between February and June 2016. The first date seems very ambitious, even if an investment/takeover is completed by the end of December 2015. I have said many times, quoting dates is a nonsense as it tends to “bit you on the bum” when the date quoted fails to materialise.

6 – We asked “what if two offers are received and they both met the financial requirements, ie £40+ million in a bank account acceptable to BRFC, would an EGM be called to enable Shareholders to consider both offers and give their views?”. NH said not necessarily. I found this answer amazing, yes NH holds around 54% of the voting shares so will always win in a “card vote”. However does he not owe a duty to all the Shareholders to let them know what has been offered and for them to have their say. NH seems to think not.

I think that covers everything else.

Takeover talks are going well?! I though he denied it very recently?!

As the sale of the Mem was not covering the full cost of UWE and extra funds were required when the plans were first drawn up, I'm struggling to see how the sale of the Mem - the Wonga loan repayment now will fully finance their move.

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As the sale of the Mem was not covering the full cost of UWE and extra funds were required when the plans were first drawn up, I'm struggling to see how the sale of the Mem - the Wonga loan repayment now will fully finance their move.

Repeat after me:

Nick Higgs is an unrecognised financial genius