IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Malago said:

It has come to my attention that the "great unwashed" don't have a game this weekend.  Would someone be kind enough to explain how this unlikely turn of events has come about.

Have they received a bye to the third round?

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Imagine if UWE had enough of the complete ball ache that is bristol rovers fc and just scrap any agreement they had. And sainsburys were forced to buy the mem. Where would that leave the pikeys? Surely any agreement with UWE must be close to expiry?

Think UWE can pull out anytime they want.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Think UWE can pull out anytime they want.

Thing is, why on Earth would they want to do that? Possibility of a 22000 all seater stadium on the campus in exchange for a bit of land without the annoyance of actually having to get too involved in the legal battle. Even if they lose to Sainsburys Higgs, Sexton and co seem confident of securing the funding from elsewhere.

Id have thought UWE were in a relatively no lose situation with all this.

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thing is, why on Earth would they want to do that? Possibility of a 22000 all seater stadium on the campus in exchange for a bit of land without the annoyance of actually having to get too involved in the legal battle. Even if they lose to Sainsburys Higgs, Sexton and co seem confident of securing the funding from elsewhere.

Peter, let me put this one to bed once and for all by categorically denying that I am not a member of the consortium.

I do however admit to having a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Very true, although maybe only if you have confidence in a credit-worthy tenant. Otherwise you may fear being left with a white elephant which is not cheap to run and presumably with a very limited market for alternative tenants.

Without Sainsbury's money maybe the conclusion would be different.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎21‎:‎22‎:‎41, Coombsy said:

3 hours ago via mobile 
Post by Peter Parker on 3 hours ago
From.FB

Nick Higgs on the Stadium at last night's Supporters Club AGM: The hearing at the Court of Appeal is about holding Sainsbury's to the original terms of the contract, £30.05 million. It is not about compensation although he did add the club will be seeking an extra £5 million to compensate them for delays, rising costs etc. The hearing will be heard by a panel of three judges who will listen to the solicitors arguments. If we win Sainsbury's do technically have the right to appeal to the Supreme Court or the European Court of Human Rights but they are not certain to get a hearing and probably wouldn't go that far because of the negative PR. Interestingly he added that there around 20-30 other organisations who are suffering from a Sainsbury's change of mind who are waiting to see how our appeal goes before commencing their own action against them.
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of [br]I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of personality
Jon the Stripe

Supporters Club AGM 3 hours ago Igitur likes this.
Post by Jon the Stripe on 3 hours ago

Off top of my head so don't be hard on me!

NH - Court case either 26/27th Jan with 3 judges
NH - All or nothing case - Win - get circa £35 (inc costs etc) Lose - Get fukk all
NH - Confident of winning
NH - If lose there is a Plan B but will not go into details
NH - The AVG thingy shouldnt be a problem
NH - The contract with UWE has elapsed
NH - Have been approached by at least 12 interested parties 
BB - Shop takings well up 
BB - we're going to Sabadell and fun shall be had by all

DC -GK position is a massive concern
DC -2 players have deals for next season
DC -Rotation of squad will continue as its his way
DC - Still demanding his players get top 7 finish
DC - 154 corners 1 goal  I'm gutted!
DC - Lines gets drawn back too often/Ellis just needs a clip round ear now and again/New lad (ginger) could do well/We're so close to being a good side/Fine margins/ Get the bloody beers in!

Goodnight and UTG - JTS

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4245/supporters-club-agm#ixzz3sjGvp2GH

See the bit in bold

12 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Dale Vince reckons Forest Green can attract fans from North Bristol in the long run. Probably right, to be fair! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35011453

£5.4 million in debt? A non-league club! I don't know how that is sustainable, I know their owner has some cash but I don't imagine he is in the SL category.....

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

£5.4 million in debt? A non-league club! I don't know how that is sustainable, I know their owner has some cash but I don't imagine he is in the SL category.....

Journalists are lazy on this; they don't specify to whom the debt is owed.

If you own a club then the most tax-efficient way of putting money into it to cover losses is as debt; because should the club ever have money that you can take out then you just repay your own debt.  There's no tax on it; unlike a dividend payment or a salary.

Unless these debts are owed to a third party then they're only technically debts. In reality they're historic accumulated losses that the owner has funded with his own money.

Hence the Bolton owner writing off £180m of "debt", Steve Lansdown converting his " debt" to equity (which means accepting that he's not getting it back), and Nick Higgs demanding that all of his "debt" gets repaid if there's a sale.

Spot the odd one out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Dale Vince reckons Forest Green can attract fans from North Bristol in the long run. Probably right, to be fair! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35011453

If they remained at Nailsworth he might be right, but they are moving to a new ground by the M5. These sort of grounds are a nightmare for transport. Usually a long queue to get into and out of the car park. Just about bearable if you're a dedicated fan, but not for a casual visitor. I occasionally watch Forest Green at Nailsworth but I would not be keen to go to the new ground.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If they remained at Nailsworth he might be right, but they are moving to a new ground by the M5. These sort of grounds are a nightmare for transport. Usually a long queue to get into and out of the car park. Just about bearable if you're a dedicated fan, but not for a casual visitor. I occasionally watch Forest Green at Nailsworth but I would not be keen to go to the new ground.  

And inaccessible by public transport. Very green :( 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

He's not, but it might be early days. Perhaps not dissimilar to when SL first joined the board and HL was unrecognisable then from now. 

12 hours ago, MrBibs said:

This thread has gone very quiet.

They're having a few digs at us on Asschat. Don't know why they don't just concentrate on their own match today, not that I could find their result anywhere.

They must have got a bye to the third round since they`re so massive and play in da famous quarterz and all.

21 hours ago, 29AR said:

He's not, but it might be early days. Perhaps not dissimilar to when SL first joined the board and HL was unrecognisable then from now. 

The thing about Dale Vince is he is an environmentalist first and a businessman second. I believe he still owns the majority of Ecotrocity, and rather than paying dividends etc he reinvests most money in the business and other green schemes, such as the free charging stations in the motorway services. He is therefore rich on paper, but not in cash. This will therefore limit the amount of money he can put into Forest Green. 

37 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

The thing about Dale Vince is he is an environmentalist first and a businessman second. I believe he still owns the majority of Ecotrocity, and rather than paying dividends etc he reinvests most money in the business and other green schemes, such as the free charging stations in the motorway services. He is therefore rich on paper, but not in cash. This will therefore limit the amount of money he can put into Forest Green. 

I love the way he doesn`t give a **** about what he looks like in interviews and that. he always reminds me of someone in The Levellers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I love the way he doesn`t give a **** about what he looks like in interviews and that. he always reminds me of someone in The Levellers.

He was a hippy traveller for many years before starting the green business; there was a court case this year where his wife of the travelling years sued for a pay out from teh money he had earrned since.

23 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

and Nick Higgs demanding that all of his "debt" gets repaid if there's a sale.

Quoting myself I know but thinking about this, Higgs' attitide really puts Rovers in a hole.

We are making stonking losses which is not good but Steve is covering them whilst reducing them annually so no harm done.

Rovers are making much smaller losses ?half a million a year? but they will mount up.  There was talk of somebody wanting to invest £40m in the gas recently.  Now that does not mean £40m to buy the club, it means £40m all-in.

So (estimating the figures) from the £40m they currently have:

• £10m to buy the Memorial Ground
  • £5m to buy the club
  • £5m to repay Higgs
  • £5m to repay external debts
  • £15m to build a new stadium and invest in the club

Every time they make a loss the amount required to repay Higgs external debts goes up, and the amount to buy the stadium and invest in the club goes down.  Give it another ten years with Higgs at the helm and that £15m will be down below £10m as the debts are ratcheting up steadily.

Who'd be a bluenose?

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He was a hippy traveller for many years before starting the green business; there was a court case this year where his wife of the travelling years sued for a pay out from teh money he had earrned since.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

She`s stuck to her non-materialistic, anti-establishment free roving lifestyle attitudes then.

• Like 3